PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

IAN - frontpage question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Ian,

Why is it that the links to some of the newspapers sometimes are very old. Currently the Globe links date back to 27 Jan.

Funny thing is that it is not always the same paper's links. A month ago it seemed like the Herald was older out of date links.

I used to go direct to Globe / herald / projo pages and read; but had got into habit of just using your links.

Is this something you have to manually edit every day to capture those links? Or is it something that is supposed to automatically synch and just misses for a while at times? Not sure how you keep this website going as well as you do. Thanks again for keeping me an informed patsfan.

Bumpity Bump. I'm curious too.

That's interesting. I've noticed that but thought initially it was due to lack of updates, but obviosuly that's not the case. I'll have to look into that as it's supposed to update automatically. The front page is going to be changed in the next several weeks as once again I'm going to be doing some housecleaning to make things a little better. I'm finishing looking into some things that should make it more insightful, and also more informative. The goal is to make the site more of a news and information source than it has been, and the commentary from Bob and Kevin, along with Christopher Price's blog and Grogan's Grade will make it a place hopefully everyone will want to visit each day.

Ian

Ian,

Why is it that the links to some of the newspapers sometimes are very old. Currently the Globe links date back to 27 Jan.

Funny thing is that it is not always the same paper's links. A month ago it seemed like the Herald was older out of date links.

I used to go direct to Globe / herald / projo pages and read; but had got into habit of just using your links.

Is this something you have to manually edit every day to capture those links? Or is it something that is supposed to automatically synch and just misses for a while at times? Not sure how you keep this website going as well as you do. Thanks again for keeping me an informed patsfan.

Actually Ian, it's something on the Globe's end.

My RSSReader is only getting headlines back to 1/27 too.

Yo Ian,

A seasonal request if possible - can the Draft Forum be added to the list of sub forums above the list of threads on this page? As it stands you have to retreat to the main page to find it (unless I'm missing something). Placing a direct link to the Draft Forum right on this page above the threads would be very convenient for me, and others, I'm sure, plus it would certainly increase traffic on that forum - so there's something good for you guys too! thanks.

Last edited:
Yo Ian,

A seasonal request if possible - can the Draft Forum be added to the list of sub forums above the list of threads on this page? As it stands you have to retreat to the main page to find it (unless I'm missing something). Placing a direct link to the Draft Forum right on this page above the threads would be very convenient for me, and others, I'm sure, plus it would certainly increase traffic on that forum - so there's something good for you guys too! thanks.

Or why not scrap the sub forums and set the default to the index? :help:

Done.

Ian

Yo Ian,

I fixed that too Sey. I know you had mentioned that a while ago and I just fixed the redirect so it takes you to the main index. I apologize for taking so long to fix it.

Ian

Or why not scrap the sub forums and set the default to the index? :help:

Right on, Ian, thanks! Oh, if only everything in life was so easy ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots