PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ian Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

Virtual Internet Person
Reaction score
I know that many good posters are thanking Ian in the sticky thread he started about moving the site, but I thought this deserves it's own thread. So here it is.

This is just to thank Ian for the many long hours he puts into maintaining this site, which exists solely for our entertainment. Those of us who have been here for years know that he has had to move and/or restore the site several times; each time is a major task taking several days of hard work, which I believe is in addition to Ian's real job. Then there is the routine mod work - moving threads, policing inappropriate posts, and the like, plus all the other administrative stuff that goes along with running a site like this.

SO I just thought we should let Ian know how much we appreciate him. Thank you Ian, thank you, a thousand thank yous.

* bump *

I can't believe no one else has posted in this thread yet to express your appreciation for Ian. What's the matter with you people?

Actually this is the first I have seen of this thread..I guess buried... BUT I agree..Thank you to Ian and all his hard work!!!

Thanks Ian! bad week to stop sniffing glue, hats off to you for getting this rig back on-line.

Promised land... talk about a layup. "What is the matter with you people?" Where would you start....

PromisedLand said:
* bump *

I can't believe no one else has posted in this thread yet to express your appreciation for Ian. What's the matter with you people?

cstjohn17 said:
Thanks Ian! bad week to stop sniffing glue, hats off to you for getting this rig back on-line.

Promised land... talk about a layup. "What is the matter with you people?" Where would you start....
LOL ... good one, cstjohn!

OK now we're starting to get this thread rolling. I think we should try to keep it bumped up on the first page for at least a few days. Actually, I think Ian deserves for us to keep this thread around as long as the cheerleader thread! So come on, ye maties ...

Good Job,Ian,Thanks.

I'd like to add my appreciation too. I really miss the site and all the great insight it provides

I agree he definitely deserves applause and thanks, but let's be honest. He's a fan but it's not like he's doing this free of charge out of the goodness of his heart. Patsfans is run by Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd, and last I checked there are money-making advertisements on every page.

We all love the product, that's for sure, but let's not get too carried away here with the saint-like praise.

Last edited:
Ditto - not having Patsfans access makes me appreciate it all the more.

The quality of posting here is as good as it gets and this is my #1 resource for all Pats news. Thanks for working so hard to get the site up again.

maverick4 said:
I agree he definitely deserves applause and thanks, but let's be honest. He's a fan but it's not like he's doing this free of charge out of the goodness of his heart. Patsfans is run by Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd, and last I checked there are money-making advertisements on every page.

We all love the product, that's for sure, but let's not get too carried away here with the saint-like praise.

No, with all due respect maverick4, Jelsoft Enterprises, Ltd is the manufacturer of the VBulliten messageboard software that I purchased a license for to use here on the site, and also the company that I have to pay an annual license fee for renewals, upgrades, etc. They have the best messageboard software available which is why I paid to add it to the site.

They don't own us nor do they run us, we run their software here, as do thousands of other sites online. Needless to say they're the rich ones. As for us, we're not a corporation or a business. We're just a bunch of fans who run this site in our free time, and we're lucky enough to have all of you here. If it wasn't for all of you this would be an empty board, so I'm glad all of you hang out with us.

Ian

Ian said:
They don't own us nor do they run us, we run their software here, as do thousands of other sites online. Needless to say they're the rich ones. As for us, we're not a corporation or a business. We're just a bunch of fans who run this site in our free time, and we're lucky enough to have all of you here. If it wasn't for all of you this would be an empty board, so I'm glad all of you hang out with us.

Ian

I stand corrected. I think this is a very high quality site; I come here first for all of my Pats news and have been doing so for awhile. I have to say I am very surprised, and also more impressed now, with the work that has been put in. Thanks.

I missed this site when it is down. Thanks for all your hard work, Ian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes