PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wonder why ESPN et al didn't tell Manning that his career was over

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
:rolleyes:Bob Kravitz: Manning staph revelation part of disturbing trend | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star
The real news on Peyton Manning's twice-addressed knee problem has spilled out in dribs and drabs in recent weeks, with the newest semi-revelation coming Thursday at the Indianapolis Colts' practice facility:

Like Tom Brady, Kellen Winslow and so many other athletes who've been affected by this burgeoning problem, Manning, too, had a staph infection.

A staph infection attacked his bursa, forcing the first procedure that kept him out of the start of training camp.

And the same infection forced doctors to go in a second time later in camp, likely pushing back Manning's recovery timetable by a couple of weeks.

In a sense, the Colts and Manning were fortunate that the staph outbreak (or, as it's sometimes called, MRSA -- methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) wasn't worse.

Look at the New England Patriots and their quarterback, Brady. It was reported this week that he has had three staph-infection-related procedures since his initial knee surgery on his anterior cruciate ligament. If doctors can't get the newest infection under control, Brady might have to do his knee surgery all over again, pushing back his return to late 2009 or even 2010.

Hmm, Where was the report of his demise? :rolleyes:

I think the issue here is Manning's initial surgery was to get rid of an infected bursa, not to replace a ligament. With Brady the worry is that the initial surgery will fail and they will have do a second ACL replacement surgery. BTW, there was plenty of speculation about the impact that it would have on Manning's season.

While I get your point. It could be that by the time the report of the Staph investigation was in the news, Manning had already started 6 games.

While I get your point. It could be that by the time the report of the Staph investigation was in the news, Manning had already started 6 games.

That could be part of it. There were reports of Manning's second surgery at the time, though the Colts weren't commenting and the severity wasn't know.

BTW, there was plenty of speculation about the impact that it would have on Manning's season.

THAT is exactly my point. I didn't know until I read that article today that Manning had any complications whatsoever. I never heard one comment from those clowns (ESPN) about Manning's condition or the future of his career. Is he not one of the TOP QBs in the league? Did they say this stuff about Palmer or Rivers? Those were serious knee injuries too were they not?

THAT is exactly my point. I didn't know until I read that article today that Manning had any complications whatsoever. I never heard one comment from those clowns (ESPN) about Manning's condition or the future of his career. Is he not one of the TOP QBs in the league? Did they say this stuff about Palmer or Rivers? Those were serious knee injuries too were they not?

First, I don't know why you pay attention to ESPN for your info.

Second, they was plenty of speculation. You may have missed most of it since you are a Patriots fan and not a Colts fan though.

Second, they was plenty of speculation. You may have missed most of it since you are a Patriots fan and not a Colts fan though.

Good point. :D
I don't rely on ESPN for anything. I just find it curious that they didn't do this full blown 24 hour, minute by minute report on the condition and future of Peyton Manning. Trust me, it would have been posted here. Some of us are gluttons for punishment.:bricks:

Good point. :D
I don't rely on ESPN for anything. I just find it curious that they didn't do this full blown 24 hour, minute by minute report on the condition and future of Peyton Manning. Trust me, it would have been posted here. Some of us are gluttons for punishment.:bricks:

Florio and Lombardi liked to talk about it, but both of them tend to be idiots half the time.

I think the issue here is Manning's initial surgery was to get rid of an infected bursa, not to replace a ligament. With Brady the worry is that the initial surgery will fail and they will have do a second ACL replacement surgery. BTW, there was plenty of speculation about the impact that it would have on Manning's season.

I don't think they are the same thing, but the general tone of all the media is that Manning would be fine from day one. I can't remember anyone from ESPN or anywhere else other than Peter King and Mike Lombardi who would entertain the idea that Manning could have missed the beginning part of the season or if he did that he would be less than 100% and/or a shell of himself.

Florio and Lombardi liked to talk about it, but both of them tend to be idiots half the time.

Except Lombardi was the only one who got it right. He was the only one who said Manning had a second surgery and most news organizations tended to treat the report as a lie or fantasy since they chose to believe Dungy who denied it.

Workhorse!!! Where the hell YOU been?

as for Every Stupid Putz Nationwide...the past 72 hours of rampant speculation, slanders and libels are par for the course. I'm just waiting for the ******s like Greg Bunnybrook to put in their sub-mongoloidal two cents worth.

Workhorse!!! Where the hell YOU been?

as for Every Stupid Putz Nationwide...the past 72 hours of rampant speculation, slanders and libels are par for the course. I'm just waiting for the ******s like Greg Bunnybrook to put in their sub-mongoloidal two cents worth.

I've been lurking. Not quite the same this season with our squads all banged up. But I'm sure it will fire back up after this weekend.

It turns out Manning did not have staph.

The Official Website of the Indianapolis Colts

yeah...I got the radio on all day and the XSPN spinning is in full throttle mode with reports back and forth about all this crap. The point is it is not uncommon for followup procedures to occur after these operations are performed. All wind in sails as far as I'm concerned. It's late October. I'll start to worry next August

some pats member on this board need to take a cue from this guy....

hes a colts fan, and he still knows not to touch ESPN...follow suit ppl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes