Welcome to PatsFans.com

I Wonder What the (D)s Consider "Middle Class"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Nov 4, 2006.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

According to their people, they won't be raising taxes on the middle class (if they gain control, that is). I just wonder - what is the middle class in their world ?

I know one thing, I'm doing everything I can (legally and correctly) to get my taxable income down preparing for the increased taxes those asssholes are gonna make me pay. Nothing illegal, just going to the effort to take advantage of things I haven't bothered with before.
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Middle class is $18,000 to $20,000. Anything less and you get welfare. Anything more and you're part of the greedy ultra-rich that deserves to have as much of your income confiscated as possible.
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +644 / 2 / -9

The Skank Pelosi will start working on raising taxes and destroying the tax cuts the day after the election (if they win) and she admits it.

She is in hiding right now until the election is over, she knows the people can't stand the sight of her grinning face.

Auntie Pelosi looks like a Democrat :singing: :singing: :singing:
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Y'all need to come to terms with the fact that your side got us into an unnecessary, expensive war and that you need to help pay for it and not just pass the debt on to someone else's kids. Nobody wants to pay more in taxes; but I know I need to face myself in the mirror every morning. Maybe some of you don't.

Whining about welfare recipients in the thread where y'all scheme about how to skip out on your debt is priceless though, thanks for the laugh:D

In a perfect world there would be a 'Bush voter tax' IE anyone who voted for Bush approved of the war and should therefore pay for it; but that don't jibe with the Constitution and some of us still respect that particular 'piece of paper.'

Soon it will be time to suck it up and pay for your little Middle Eastern adventure.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +644 / 2 / -9

The war on terror, do democrats even realize that we are in a war, do they understand that even if we have a Democrat President, a democrat congress, a democrat senate and democrat everything that the Muslim Terrorist Bastards will still be trying to kill them, what the f-ck do they intend to do about it.

Their Hatred and Jealousy of G Bush has made them forget all about the savages that want to kill their little kids.

Have any of you ever heard about any type of PLAN the looney dingobats have to fight the savages, because they are going to have to fight them, or die.

What would the democrats have without the war in Iraq, what would they
    b1tch about, the old standby's "health care & education".

If you win democrats, keep the guns out, your going to need them, Mohammad is coming.
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

Fine, then we can also have a Democrat Voter Tax and you liberal freaks can pay for all the sh!t I don't want to pay for. Starting with the 12.5% I pour into Social Security, against my will, every paycheck. It works both ways buddy.
  7. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

People should take a step back and look at what has transpired during Bush's administration before ranting about having to pay more taxes "if" the Dems take over. The national deficit has reached record numbers during bush's term, who do you think will pay for this? Fraud is running rampant in the construction of Iraq costing taxpayers billions of dollars. Is this the fault of the Bush Administration? Well, Bush just did away with the oversight committee which was buried in a bill he just signed. Its one thing to be opposed to social programs, but to let companies get away with fraud during war time is scandalous and its happening with a majority Republican congress. Whats there problem?
  8. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

If you paid attention you would know that most of us who voted for Bush in 2000 (I didn't vote for him in 2004) have been stunned and very disappointed in his horrendous spending. That doesn't mean higher taxes is the solution, though. In fact, tax receipts are at all time highs - what we need now is to keep the economy as is (growing) and cut all the spending Bush has overseen.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 11 / -27

The question I have had and will always have is why has there been outrageous overruns in spending and fraud in Iraq? Why is this tolerated and why hasn't there been more prosecution.. I know the knee jerk response is that we spend more on food stamps or on ER visits for illegal immigrants... but how can this great democracy give a free ride to all of the waste that has occured during this conflict. A whole plane of AK-47's missing, all of other weapons and guns missing reported last week, substandard contracts by many contractors, overpaying while using cheap labor for the embassy in Bagdad, the list goes on and on... this is what concerns me, it is our dime and our kids will be paying for this for a long time.

There is a difference between paying for security, and making very poor fiscal decisions with little oversight.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Your taking my words out of context. I'm not the person who started this thread by saying that its time to find a million tax dodges because the bill for the Iraq war is about to come due. You did. I'll continue to just pay what I'm asked to pay w/o complaint. I seem to remember saying that picking and choosing what you pay for isn't right. I seem to recall saying that very thing in the post you selectively quoted. Maybe you skimmed over that accidentally huh?

Btw I have good news for you, you're getting a raise!!! Go see your boss tomorrow and tell him that he's only supposed to be taking 6.2% of your income for SSI. That's like a law and he can't dispute it. If you could just show one pay stubthat says he took 12.5% of your pay, you've got him nailed. I bet you could get interest too.
  11. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

I said nothing about the war, simply that I don't want my taxes to go up. I would prefer to have services reduced to offset war costs, or a ONE TIME war tax - as opposed to a tax that will go on the books forever. My mission is to pay less total Federal Income Tax even if my tax rate goes up. That'll show them :)

Again, thanks to the booming economy, tax receipts are doing great now anyway. It's the spending that's out of control. No thanks to Bush, I might add.

OK, 12.4% because the employer matches the 6.2%. I will agree that I can't prove that without social security that matching would go to me but it's still 6.2% that it costs to employ me that just goes away into the black hole.
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

BTW, no-one has told me what Pelosi, et al, consider Middle Class. Seriously, do you know the number ?
  13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

Still waiting . . .
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

The middle-middle class may be composed of those households with an annual income of 80% to 120% of the national median household income. Persons in this income range could be, in accordance to solely economic reasoning be referred to as the American average. Such households would boast annual incomes ranging from $35,200 to $52,800, and thus be located in the middle of the income range. Such households, while actually being in the middle and thus sometimes referred to as being middle class, cannot, however, afford the middle class lifestyle. Yet another definition states that the statistical middle class includes all those households with income ranging from $25,000 to $100,000. This is however a very vague definition as it includes persons from all but the lowest quintile. Using this definition creates a class so economically fragmented that it would lump together those who are struggling to make ends meet with two incomes and those who are able to live the iconic middle class lifestyle with just one income and are highly educated.

If you make over 250,000/year ... forget your tax cut.

There has NEVER been a tax cut during wartime until GWB hit the oval office, war time profiteering is against the law....until no bid contracts.
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +644 / 2 / -9

The Democrats Are In Charge

Bring The Troops Home Now

Stop The War Auntie Nancy
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +259 / 10 / -11

Kerry's tax proposals would have increased taxes for those earning in excess of $200,000 and would have kept Bush's tax cuts for those earning less. I believe his proposal also would have provided tax incentives for people to buy health insurance. I think most of the tax increase proposals I've seen over the recent years target only people earning well into 6 figures.
  17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't. But I am still confident that this stupid b!tch will be after my bank account. In fact I am very confident she will be. Especially as the Democrats, to my knowledge, have never actually defined "Middle Class" as they use it.
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

did you enjoy your tax cut this year?

Have you figured out that you didn't get one?
  19. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +494 / 12 / -11

#24 Jersey

Everyone who pays taxes got a tax cut under Bush (don't think it was this year though). The percentage of income tax paid by the rich went up.

The reason I got a tax cut this year is I was able to increase my and my wife's 401K contribution, lowering my taxable income and, therefore, taxes paid.

This coming year I'll start what I should have done before, a Health Savings Account so that I can pay my health expenses with pre tax money, again lowering my taxable income.

Of course, as the interest paid on my mortgage goes down, that deduction gets less and less :(
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

BelichickFan,

not sure what your profession is ...

If you are unhappy at work....

you should to go into financial planning.....you seem to have a passion for it. Why not make $$$ doing something you enjoy, and help others along the way?

as always....."Diversify ya bonds, n*GGa!" - GZA Wu Tang Financial