PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Wonder What Jerome Bettis Thinks Of The Steelers After Tonight's Shutout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haterproof

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Jerome Bettis seemed to have a lot to say about the Pats yesterday during halftime.I wonder what is going through his head after the game tonight.His Steelers were shutout in front of the entire nation.

Easy answer: The Steelers were thoroughly convincing tonight.

I'm convinced they are not the same the same team as last year. Of course, they didn't have to play the Patriots in the playoffs last year.

Jerome will have his excuses.

"Jacksonville is a great football team, and they played a good game."

"I think Ben wasnt ready today with his fever."

"*quiet...*"

Jack Del Rio is such a classy coach.I love the fact that he didn't go for the touchdown at the end of the game.

The best part - no rushing first downs and only 26 yds rushing. They are going ro see a lot of defences trying to copy what happened tonight.

roguepatriot said:
The best part - no rushing first downs and only 26 yds rushing. They are going ro see a lot of defences trying to copy what happened tonight.

Forcing the Steelers to Pass and Ben cant carry a team by himself.

Willie55 said:
Forcing the Steelers to Pass and Ben cant carry a team by himself.

Sure he can he is the #2 QB in the NFL:rolleyes:

The Jags followed the standard formula for beating the Sheelers. Stop the run and put the game on Ben's shoulders.

I wish Jerome would STFU already. Between him on the NFL on NBC, the NFL network, and NBC for Notre Dame worship, I have heard way too much of "the Bus" for only two weeks into the season. I liked him better on the sidelines- seen and not heard.

"They needed a bruiser to carry the rock and wear down that Jags front 7, you know, a guy like.....me. Man law? Man law."

Don't think he won't imply that on Sunday night. Any decline on the Steelers' part only serves to glorify himself.

Last edited:
Haterproof said:
Jerome Bettis seemed to have a lot to say about the Pats yesterday during halftime.I wonder what is going through his head after the game tonight.His Steelers were shutout in front of the entire nation.

He is unconvinced that they are not a 2-0 team despite the loss.

He will probably bring up Ben Cheeseburger's injury and lay all the blame there, since his M.O. when he played badly was to always claim he played injured and that is why he sucked.

Jerome "big mouth" Bettis should know better in this game that, when you say those things, they can come back to bite you in the butt. He was dismissive of the Patriots divsional wins, obviously feeling his was still the "golden" team from the last SB. Well, Bill Belichick would tell him to his face that last year means less than *nothing* and it's all about building a new team and a new year. Bettis should have kept his mouth shut and concentrated on his own team. They played a crappy Miami team and had a bit of problem there and then played a good Jacksonville team and *lost* to them. So, in future, Jerome learn to shut your mouth and concentrate on your own team's season and not someone elses. Belichick must be smirking right now. :rolleyes:

Haterproof said:

Probably something like:

"I really like these donuts in the NBC break room. Much better than what I used to have pre-game at Heinz Field."

Jerome's media career will be short-lived. This is coming from a Steelers fan.

qbert said:
Probably something like:

"I really like these donuts in the NBC break room. Much better than what I used to have pre-game at Heinz Field."

Jerome's media career will be short-lived. This is coming from a Steelers fan.
I couldn't agree with you more.I'm also not concerned about the way Big Ben played on Monday night.He has never played well in a game coming off of an injury.I think you guys are going to crush the Bengals on Sunday.The torch has been passed to Pittsburgh and every team that plays them will bring their A+ game.

Haterproof said:
I couldn't agree with you more.I'm also not concerned about the way Big Ben played on Monday night.He has never played well in a game coming off of an injury.I think you guys are going to crush the Bengals on Sunday.The torch has been passed to Pittsburgh and every team that plays them will bring their A+ game.

We will see, before the lackluster performance yesterday and the Bengals' injuries on Sunday, I chalked this one up as a loss to Cincy (revenge game for them). The Pitt offense certainly has to put together a MUCH better game plan than what they showed in Jax. But the injury to Cincy's starting center is a huge blow, whoever the backup is will need help taking on Casey Hampton all game long. Also bodes well for the Pats the following week. Cincy's starting LB and SS being out will make it a little easier to run or hit some play action passes.

qbert said:
We will see, before the lackluster performance yesterday and the Bengals' injuries on Sunday, I chalked this one up as a loss to Cincy (revenge game for them). The Pitt offense certainly has to put together a MUCH better game plan than what they showed in Jax. But the injury to Cincy's starting center is a huge blow, whoever the backup is will need help taking on Casey Hampton all game long. Also bodes well for the Pats the following week. Cincy's starting LB and SS being out will make it a little easier to run or hit some play action passes.
It will be interesting to see how Cincy adapts to their injuries, one of the signs of good depth and championship caliber teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes