Welcome to PatsFans.com

I Wonder If They Served Seafood?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +674 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

On Thursday, Dan Meyer, a lobbyist for BP -- the besieged oil company responsible for the biggest environmental disaster in U.S. history -- will co-host a luncheon at Hotel George in Washington D.C. for the benefit of Colorado GOP congressional candidate Cory Gardner. An official with the Dubernstein Group, Meyer serves on a BP account that has brought in $100,000 in lobbying fees during the first quarter of 2010. He's not the only Republican official hosting the $1,000-a-plate affair (Meyer formerly served as the chief of staff for Newt Gingrich as well as chief congressional liaison in the Bush White House). Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.) and Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-Minn.) are participating as well.

Cory Gardner, Colorado GOP Candidate, Holds Fundraiser With BP Lobbyist

2. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

A politician fundraised with a lobbyist... AND? What, because BP has the whole oil spill stigma going right now? Who cares? Like they're the only bad company with lobbyists? No, they're just the ones in the news right now.
    On a scale of 1-100 on how much I care, I'd rate this as a -500.

3. pherein

pherein In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +42 / 4 / -2

I think its disgusting behavior, and indicative of why things will not change with this foolish party system form of government thats been contrived. Im sure they will be at a DEM's luncheon also.

next time they meet Id love to serve them sea food fresh from the gulf, and see if they eat it.