PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Wish We Took Da'Quan Bowers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MossWelkowski

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Go to yahoo sports page.... Nuff said

to be honest...people do this a lot at airports. They leave their gun in a bag ect and use it for transportation and in this case it was headed for a plane. We all know you don't purposely bring a gun on a plan unless you plan on hijacking it. I am guessing this is all just a big mistake that he forgot it was there. Now if the gun was illegal..then you have more issues.

I was his biggest supporter on here and even I know this is just dumb. I'm sure it was just a mistake, but a really stupid one.

From what I read, he didn't try to pass the bag through the scanner, he told someone he had the gun. I would think that would be a lesser charge, stupidity rather than actually trying to get a gun on the plane.

I was his biggest supporter on here and even I know this is just dumb. I'm sure it was just a mistake, but a really stupid one.

Yeah, many on the draft board liked him self-included. If memory serves me correct, he's a minister's kid and claimed to be very religious. Not sure why he felt the need to be packing. He dropped because of concerns about his knee. Nobody really knew how bad it was even on draft day except the teams. Wasn't widely reported headed in..

One of my airport experiences:

TSA Agent to me: "Um, sir, there's a hammer in your bag."
Me: "Oh, crap, I forgot all about that."
TSA Agent: "I'm afraid we can't allow that on the plane, sir."
Me (smiling): "I was just trying to be helpful, should there be any emergency carpentry necessary on the flight."
TSA Agent: (smiling): "Yes sir, and I'm sure the airline appreciates that. However, I'm fairly certain that wood has been replaced with other materials on all commercial flights about 100 years ago."
Me: "Thanks for the heads up on that. I guess one of you folks gets to add to your tool collection today."
TSA Agent: "No sir, unfortunately, we aren't allowed to keep any of the confiscated items."
Me: "That's a shame. Shall we see if one of those people over their on the way out would like it?"
TSA Agent: "I'd like to sir, but we are trying to move people through here."
Me: "OK, well, I have a couple more of these at home."
TSA Agent: "A good place for them, sir."

One of my airport experiences:

TSA Agent to me: "Um, sir, there's a hammer in your bag."
Me: "Oh, crap, I forgot all about that."
TSA Agent: "I'm afraid we can't allow that on the plane, sir."
Me (smiling): "I was just trying to be helpful, should there be any emergency carpentry necessary on the flight."
TSA Agent: (smiling): "Yes sir, and I'm sure the airline appreciates that. However, I'm fairly certain that wood has been replaced with other materials on all commercial flights about 100 years ago."
Me: "Thanks for the heads up on that. I guess one of you folks gets to add to your tool collection today."
TSA Agent: "No sir, unfortunately, we aren't allowed to keep any of the confiscated items."
Me: "That's a shame. Shall we see if one of those people over their on the way out would like it?"
TSA Agent: "I'd like to sir, but we are trying to move people through here."
Me: "OK, well, I have a couple more of these at home."
TSA Agent: "A good place for them, sir."

Top notch airport banter.

I think in 3.5 to 4.5 years from now when he gets out of prison(minimum sentence 3.5 years) we should take a flyer on him.

He was charged with the same thing plex got charged with after shooting himself. a class 2 felony in a strict state regarding guns laws in a fricking airport.

I believe you're supposed to check your guns - if they are unloaded - at the desk and I believe that is what he did. His issue was that his gun was loaded.

People can talk about him being stupid all they want, but even as someone who doesn't own a gun the hysteria over this sort of bull**** is ridiculous.

The guy VOLUNTEERED that he had a gun. What was his master plan? Just another case where people apply the law instead of logic.

Bill doesn't like guys with low IQ. This explains alot.

I believe you're supposed to check your guns - if they are unloaded - at the desk and I believe that is what he did. His issue was that his gun was loaded.

People can talk about him being stupid all they want, but even as someone who doesn't own a gun the hysteria over this sort of bull**** is ridiculous.

The guy VOLUNTEERED that he had a gun. What was his master plan? Just another case where people apply the law instead of logic.

No, NY, NJ, Ill, DC and Mass have some of the strictest gun laws in the country. An ex Marine was in NYC and wanted to visit the 911 memorial IIRC. So, he went to security and asked where to check his unloaded gun. Arrested. NY doesnt honor any states conceal carry permit.

You cannot bring a gun, ammo or magazine into or through the state of NY unless you meet certain guidelines and even then theres no guarantee you wont wind up behind bars.

Bowers is a dumbaxx. First off, you always know where your pistol is pointed at all times. Unloaded or loaded. A loaded pistol was floating around in Bowers suitcase. Its not supposed to go off, but what if it did for some unexplained reason and killed somebody? Ignorance of the gun laws is no excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes