PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wish we played the Packers this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're argument about the amount of games they won before means nothing..the pats won 18 games in a row before they played the giants, how did that help?

Go play a sport for a little while so you can understand the impact of a winning streak, and then get back to me.

Last edited:
Poetic if Tom Brady hoisting the Lombardi keeps them from a perfect season . . . . that's the single, most dominating thought I've been having this past weekend.

That would be nice, but they won't go 16-0.

Go play a sport for a little while so you can understand the impact of a winning streak, and then get back to me.

I play plenty of sports...but either way, your argument is a joke so I'm done. If you dont understand that the past has nothing to do with future games you must not watch the nfl that often..

Good day.

dont respond, its pointless

good day

They have a really easy schedule for defending SB champs.

It's incredibly hard to maintain a winning streak it seems, especially history making ones. Every team begins to throw the kitchen sink at you like it's their Super Bowl week after week.

Teams have a bit of a psychological edge when they can do no wrong, a loss is expected. I'm glad we went for 19-0 regardless of the outcome, it showed true heart, passion and competitiveness.

Rodger's looks amazing, especially on those roll outs, extending the play downfield. I'll take the pats over GB, Brady somehow wills the team to a win and no technical explanation that i've heard or know can explain how. It just gets boiled down to one word "Clutch".

They are not even going to come close to 16-0

Probably not but it would make a great story if the Patriots were the team to ruin the Packer's perfect season after what happened back in 2007.

It would definitely be a shootout and although the D has been showing signs of not being abysmal, Rodgers and the Packers would do what they do best with cheese by turning the Pats secondary into shredded mozzarella.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Patriots win a playoff game this season first.

This Packers team doesn't scare me like it did last year. The defense they had was excellent and their strength to winning the superbowl. Personally I can't see why all the media focus is focused on our defense when it should be on there 32nd ranked pass defense.

I welcome the chance to play them come Superbowl time. I really don't want to tip our hand so I'm more than content to wait it out. If by some chance we make it back it will come down to which defense has improved the most by that time. So far the last few weeks we've been heading in the right direction. Time will tell.

thats what ive been telling myself the last couple of weeks

wish we could have had a crack at them during the reg season, that would be a game to seriously watch...would be an awesome game

ID like to see that game. Minus welker, Ellis, and Bodden. Then they would have played the game we did. =

We didn't have Moore, Smith, or porter for that game

Last edited:
...So we could show them who's boss. Looks like we will have to wait for the SuperBowl.

Be careful what you wish for CheeseMonkey. The Pack is not unbeatable, they have weaknesses for sure, but they are one damn good team and they can beat anybody.

I used to live in New England before I moved out to Wisco many years ago. The Pack is my team but I still love the Pats. Pats have already done things right and Brady's one of the best ever.

Yes it's true, the Pack defense isn't as good as it was last year, and losing their all-pro safety for the season didn't help, but Matthews is starting to look his old self again after dealing with a nagging injury for the first 6 games. Also true that running game for the Pack has been off and on, and more off than on lately, but let's face it, Rodgers and the GB passing attack is just flat out second to none right now. Sure, Brady and Brees deserve to be put up the there with Rodgers, and man those two put up some monster numbers, but week in and week out Rodgers just keeps doing it almost flawlessly. Yeah, he's got plenty of help from an incredible receiving corps, but it's not all that, which is what some of you on this board seem to think. I could also say that when I watch the Pats play I can't believe how much time Brady gets to stand back there in the pocket and check off receivers. But I'd be fooling myself if I used that as an excuse to say that Brady isn't every bit as good as he is.

Frankly I thought Minnesota played a very good game last Sunday and even though they laid an egg against Chicago, they're a better team than they were at the beginning of the season. They beat up on Arizona pretty good the week before and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them go .500 for the rest of the season, assuming that Ponder is for real.

The Packers get a week off with a chance for injuries to heal, and they've got a lot of them. Maybe they won't go 16-0 although they definitely have a shot at it. The running game has shown signs of life again with Starks looking good. And like the Pats, the Pack only needs enough of a running game to get them some first downs and keep defenses from blitzing too much.

Right now they are the team to beat. Pats and Saints are both up there. We'll see what things are like at come playoff time. Lot of weeks left to play.

Last edited:
ravens vs Jags..yet another reason why its silly to think someone can win all of their games. Any team can beat any team at any time.

Be careful what you wish for CheeseMonkey. The Pack is not unbeatable, they have weaknesses for sure, but they are one damn good team and they can beat anybody.

That is the reason I want to see them play that Packers though. It's a tough match up and it would be a fantastic game to watch.

The packers right now would beat this team.They have a more vertical passing game.I think the packers will be in the superbowl again.You have to keep Rodgers in the pocket.He's deadly outside the pocket.

I'll preface this by saying David Stern is by no means a good commissioner. Probably the worst one, IMO. But one thing I love that he does is ensuring marquee matchups (and having them take place at opportune times, like Christmas).

If you are Roger Goodell, how do you not have your marquee quarterbacks squaring off each an every season?

I know that we get Manning every year and that Rodgers and Brees squared off this year, but these are once a year matchups. Brady should be playing two of the big four every season.

Sure, as a Pats fan that means fewer wins statistically for us. But as an NFL fan I think this would enhance the game tremendously. I would prefer this to an opponent like the Chargers or Steelers.

Plus, we really owe Brees for what happened in '09 and I'm sure Rodgers has something to say about last year.

Last edited:
We were definitely fortune to beat the Packers last year.

After all, their backup QB had the 25 yards away from victory. It also took a Dan Connolly kickoff return to keep us in the game. Oh, and we were the home team.

If we were being unbiased, we would have to like the Packers more at this point than the Patriots. I know we all think very highly of Tom Brady, but if you look at the Packers body of work this year, their team and fan base have no reason to think that they would lose to us.

I'll preface this by saying David Stern is by no means a good commissioner. Probably the worst one, IMO. But one thing I love that he does is ensuring marquee matchups (and having them take place at opportune times, like Christmas).

If you are Roger Goodell, how do you not have your marquee quarterbacks squaring off each an every season?

I know that we get Manning every year and that Rodgers and Brees squared off this year, but these are once a year matchups. Brady should be playing two of the big four every season.

Sure, as a Pats fan that means fewer wins statistically for us. But as an NFL fan I think this would enhance the game tremendously. I would prefer this to an opponent like the Chargers or Steelers.

Plus, we really owe Brees for what happened in '09 and I'm sure Rodgers has something to say about last year.

In the NBA, you play everyone each season so it's just a matter of scheduling.

The NFL has a system set up to choose which teams play each other (2 vs. div, 1 full afc div, 1 full nfc div, the teams in the afc that finished the same rank in div)

He doesn't have a choice in the match ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back