PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wish I was on an airplane when I saw this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Because airplanes have a ready supply of Barf bags on hand.

GrungyDungy.png

Like Ive always said (and truly mean), a true measure of a man is shown by how their kids turn out

Last edited:
Like Ive always said (and truly mean), a true measure of a man is shown by how their kids turn out

Know some very good men, who have idiot kids.. also know a lot of bad men, who have good kids.. no hard and fast rule here.

Know some very good men, who have idiot kids.. also know a lot of bad men, who have good kids.. no hard and fast rule here.

Agreed, but "good man" doesn't necessarily equate with "good father" and vice versa, I guess. All I know is this: if one of my kids committed suicide, the rest certainly wouldn't be living across the country from me. Especially not if I'd already made all the money we'd ever need.

Agreed, but "good man" doesn't necessarily equate with "good father" and vice versa, I guess. All I know is this: if one of my kids committed suicide, the rest certainly wouldn't be living across the country from me. Especially not if I'd already made all the money we'd ever need.

Im about to be a father (baby due on the superbowl, just to put me in my place on the get go) and I cant imagine ever having to deal with a worse thing...not that any man ever could...

It's funny how people are portrayed. I heard them talk during the game about how Dungy does not get enough recognition, citing the fact that he was 'quiet' as a reason for that. The comparison used was BB. Yes, BB gets lots of recognition and is often talked about - that's going to happen when your team wins three super bowls. But gimme' a break, BB has less to say than Dungy; in fact, it's one of the things the media complains about!

Regardless, when they compared the recognition of the two, the insinuation left in the viewers mind was that BB is self-promoting while Dungy is not. While the commentator was simply trying to commend Dungy on another playoff appearance, and tried to say he deserves as much credit as BB (a whole 'nother subject), he somewhat subliminaly dissed BB. I'm sure it wasn't a previously thought out plan of attack, but it did show his (Collinsworth?) bias.

The bigger effect though is the subtle effect on everyone watching the game: Dungy is quiet and humbe, BB is a loud mouthed egotist; Dungy is under rated, BB is over rated; etc. It's the continuous subtle little jabs such as this that are why the rest of the country loves Dungy and the Colts, and hate the Pats and BB.

Last edited:
The word class really sets you guys off.:D

I must admit that was a very classy post by the OP. This is a classy thread too.

The straight dope on Tony Dungy: The man has HUGE issues, and all the idiots interpret it as "class." Somewhere along the way he disconnected with himself emotionally. I think that might be how his kid got so f*cked up.

That's good... crack on the man because his son killed himself. I don't care how much I hate somebody (including Dungy), I would never try to make a statement against them using their child's suicide.

yeah, quote a typo in your signature, you sure would show us colts fans!!

the idiocy here is overwhelming

So then why do you continue to post? I can point you to a few good Colts forums if you would like. Don't expect to come to a rival team's message board and be treated like gold as the idiocy in that thought process is equally overwhelming.

Bye bye.
5ug6it.jpg

I don't care how you treat me, but the pure dumb-blind, idiotic hatred you have for dungy is unwarranted, not my fault your coach is a scumbag who will be most remembered for the spy gate controversy

Not really. Steelers aren't remembered for being on 'roids. 49ers weren't remembered for cheating the cap or having Bill Walsh (the 80's version of BB) as a coach. Both were remembered for being dynasties. We've been a dynasty buddy. Spygate will come up as an afterthought.

and ours is universally the most liked, respected, oh and classiest in the league

And that is why Colts fans are some of the biggest douchebags in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing