PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wish 16-0 would never have happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
........Really

what a bunch of ****$ we have on this board (including the trolls)

Win is a Win, The giants won some games last year where they were outplayed the whole game, See the Niners game in the playoffs for example..

A win is a win people. Dont expect 300 point blowout every week.

Every week fans here expect Brady to throw for a zillion yards and a dozen TDs ... Dont forget the opposing team is an NFL team not a LINGERIE FOOTBAL team, they will give the best they have

Ppl making threads that "Brady is not clutch" , "Not satisfied with the win"
really? so after the Ravens loss were u guys partying the whole night coz we were robbed of a win by the refs? do u still count that loss as a win?

10 years down the line u wont even remember how close this game was.
Chill out a win is a win

:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

........Really

what a bunch of ****$ we have on this board (including the trolls)

Win is a Win, The giants won some games last year where they were outplayed the whole game, See the Niners game in the playoffs for example..

A win is a win people. Dont expect 300 point blowout every week.

Every week fans here expect Brady to throw for a zillion yards and a dozen TDs ... Dont forget the opposing team is an NFL team not a LINGERIE FOOTBAL team, they will give the best they have

Ppl making threads that "Brady is not clutch" , "Not satisfied with the win"
really? so after the Ravens loss were u guys partying the whole night coz we were robbed of a win by the refs? do u still count that loss as a win?

Chill out a win is a win

Most people are happy with this win. On the same token, most of those people are also saying that this team has some serious issues they need to fix. Let's not forget, now, that this was a Jets team without Revis and Holmes.

people are just used to seeing brady throw for 400 yards and tons of TD's because he's done it for so long. Yeah hes getting older so its not going to happen as much anymore but hey as long as they keep winning no matter how Im happy :D

that this was a Jets team without Revis and Holmes.

All divison games are played with a high level of intensity ,lets not foget the Jets were undefeated in the AFC east this year before today, See the Bengals and Browns game of last week the Browns gave it all they had

Sometimes I can't tell if the people on these boards are patriots supporters or just patriots critics.

The Jets only lost by 6 points to the texans last week. Apparently Foster and Andre Johnson aren't anything because their team put up 3 less points on the Jets than we did.

People really just don't understand that the NFL has a lot of teams that don't completely suck.

"On any given Sunday".

Division games are always dog fights. Each team knows all too well the tendencies of the other.

I am happy with the win. I feel pretty good that this team will improve each week.

If folks think that things are tough now, they're gonna be lining up for the diving board off the Tobin Bridge when Belichick & Brady are both gone.

"On any given Sunday".

Division games are always dog fights. Each team knows all too well the tendencies of the other.

I am happy with the win. I feel pretty good that this team will improve each week.

If folks think that things are tough now, they're gonna be lining up for the diving board off the Tobin Bridge when Belichick & Brady are both gone.

Also lets not forget this was the JETS SUPERBOWL GAME

Chill out a win is a win

10 years down the line, Belichick and Brady will be gone.

(I refuse to include Robert Kraft with Brady or Belichick. Fingers crossed, the guy will be with us another 30 years. The affable lug has become like a tv-football grandfather to me :) )

There is a chance in 10 years we could resort back to the Patriots of a few decades ago and be BEGGING for a win.

.. or worse, end up like the Jets.

Last edited:
Also lets not forget this was the JETS SUPERBOWL GAME

Well yeah, there is that! :D

Their fans must be crushed. Ought to be some interesting commentary by Joe Benigno on WFAN tomorrow morning.

Yes, a 'win' is a 'win', thank you for pointing that out.

As educated football fans, however, I think we would be foolish not to acknowledge that there are different kinds of qualities of wins. In the Super Bowl, that is the ONLY time when the phrase a 'win is a win' really applies because everyone is happy to win the final game (pretty or ugly). As for all other games, however, while a win does add another number to the W column, we do analyze the quality of the win to assess and predict the team's capabilities of earning future victories. A messageboard dedicated to this team would be a perfect place to discuss such matters.

I'm ecstatic that we won, I'm annoyed at the way we almost lost and I'm annoyed about it because it's the same way we lose almost every damn game since 2006 including the Superbowl in the aforementioned 16-0 season. It's just amazing that it hasn't been corrected by now and it's frustrating to feel like you're essentially watching the same game in the 4th quarter every week. Just want the team to show some killer instinct and put these games away. They could easily be 7-0 right now if they just played well in the 4th quarter.

The problem isn't the team going 16-0. The problem is you letting letting those people get to you.

I never understood why people care so much about what some bandwagoners have to say. If you let them ruin any part of the experience of it for you, they're winning the battle.

I'm happy the Patriots won. I'm not happy with the way they played certain stretches of the game but a W is a W.

ps I probably celebrated harder after that fumble recovery than any one game during that 16-0 run, aside from the week 17 game. It was a great moment, enjoy it and stop letting people on a message board take away from it for you.

Even during the SB title years the Pats had to pull some wins out of their asses against what many would consider inferior competition.

Like this: New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans - Recap - November 23, 2003 - ESPN

I'm just glad the Pats won despite not playing up to their potential today. There's no such thing as an ugly win.

Again, its not that they had to gut out a win. It's the way they consistently do the same crap in the 4th quarter to lose games.

I think people forget we needed OT to beat the 5-11 Chargers and 3-13 Bills in 2001 when we won the Super Bowl. Or how we lost to 5-11 Washington in 2003, or needed OT to get by 5-11 Houston the same year.

Even in our Super Bowl years, there were games we should have dominated and barely got by. And there were times we lost games we should have won.

But all the crying and whining over every game that isn't a 24-point victory is getting ridiculous and obnoxious. It wasn't pretty, but a win over a division rival is a win no matter what it takes. Today, Brady showed he can still be clutch despite not having a great day. Ghost showed he can make a big kick with the game on the line (twice). The defense closed out the game somehow.

Tomorrow is a day to dissect film and look at mistakes and find ways to improve. Tonight is a night to enjoy a hard-earned victory.

People forget quickly, but the 03-04 21 game winning streak wasn't exactly a walk in the park. We won those games by an average of 9 points, including a few games in OT. A win is a win, it's even more exciting when the game is close :p

Might not be too good on my health though haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye