PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Brady is still by far the best option to lead this team and I jumped the gun in suggesting that at the beginning of the season it was time to move past him.

1157997-captain_obvious_.jpg

just ribbing you man...:) ...Brady is our guy fo sho...

Brady is still by far the best option to lead this team and I jumped the gun in suggesting that at the beginning of the season it was time to move past him.

There's a huge difference between being wrong and being wrong.

First of all, thanks for the honesty.

Otherwise, I don't know when exactly you made that suggestion, but I do have more respect for someone who'd have made a suggestion like that at the "beginning of the season," based on their (erroneous) assessment of the prospects of a 37 year old QB, than I do for those who were saying it in panic after the KC game. For me at least, it's one thing (as wrong as it would have been) to say, "Hey, maybe this is the year we should move on from a guy who's coming to the end of his career" and another to say, "OMG, he had a bad game against the Chiefs, let the Garopollo era begin!"

There's a huge difference between being wrong and being wrong.

And then, to quote Wolfgang Pauli, there's "not even wrong." :p

First of all, thanks for the honesty.

Otherwise, I don't know when exactly you made that suggestion, but I do have more respect for someone who'd have made a suggestion like that at the "beginning of the season," based on their (erroneous) assessment of the prospects of a 37 year old QB, than I do for those who were saying it in panic after the KC game. For me at least, it's one thing (as wrong as it would have been) to say, "Hey, maybe this is the year we should move on from a guy who's coming to the end of his career" and another to say, "OMG, he had a bad game against the Chiefs, let the Garopollo era begin!"

I was of that mindset from the preseason until the bengals game. I then believe I said that it is possible that the pats were treating september like an extension to the preseason.

there's simply no flies on him now.......that said, I have not seen him move around in the pocket like he did last night for a very long time.

I was right there with you. I wasn't ready to pull the plug on Brady, but the pedestrian-to-awful first four games of the season punctuated by the worst loss I've ever seen had me thinking this was the beginning of the end and the Pats were an 8-8 or 9-7 team.

Just goes to show you what a difference consistency in the OL and a healthy Gronk make. I've never been happier to be wrong. :)

I was of that mindset from the preseason until the bengals game. I then believe I said that it is possible that the pats were treating september like an extension to the preseason.

there's simply no flies on him now.......that said, I have not seen him move around in the pocket like he did last night for a very long time.

agreed, his pocket movement was awesome and even the brain-dead announcers noticed it...and, what's more, he actually "ran" the ball a couple of times!

agreed, his pocket movement was awesome and even the brain-dead announcers noticed it...and, what's more, he actually "ran" the ball a couple of times!

I had the tv down and listened to zo jizz all over the broadcast including gronks 20 ft catch radius

Start with your post archives......

Let's just say it's a target rich environment.

Don't be an ass, he's being all mea culpa what more do you want, him to commit seppuku?

Hey, don't give up now. Quitting is not an option. I bet Brady will have ZERO completions this weekend. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back