PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I was wrong, right and never expected this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was wrong about Matt Cassel. After his poor pre-season performance, I had projected him to not even make the team. Now he is leading the Patriots on a run towards the playoffs.

I was right about UDFA Gary Guyton making the team. He was too athletic not to make the team. I received alot of criticism about having too many rookies making the team. However, to get faster, they needed to get younger. Guyton has progressed father in a half season than I could have imagined.

I love UDFA players because they are hungry to make the team and don't feel entitled like some of the high drfat choices (Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney). BenJarvus Green-Ellis runs hard. I knew that before he started playing, but he couldn't make the team because of the depth we had at RB. That depth disappeared and now the UDFA rookie is doing a very credible job. He had that pedigree in college that BB and Pioli look for. Played at a high level of competition (SEC & Big Ten) and was productive (1,000 yard seasons each year and SEC 1st Team All Star).

That 19 play drive that sealed the deal in the 4th quarter yesterday...4 passing first downs from Cassel. He is playing within himself and within the system and is paying dividends for the team.

As for the "Law Firm"? Man, who would've guessed that the Pats would be leaning on their 4th stringer at RB...and he's producing.

More than just the coaching of BB, irregardless of the outcome of this season, what the Pats have accomplished this year speaks volumes about the entire organization...front office, coaching, and the players themselves. GO PATS!

Mark, great to see you at the excellent Razor's Edge Tailgate Sunday. Sat behind the Pats bench. Guyton and Ventrone look like such young kids. Guyton is slighter of build than I thought. Woods and Vrabes are much bigger. Law Firm ran with attitude. He ended one long gain knocking the DB on his tail. Luv it!

I too admit, (gladdly) that I was wrong about Matt Cassel, I've written him off far to early after one bad SD game. Like I said, I am so glad to be wrong here, IM not saying he is going to the hall of fame, but his progress is amazing. Turns out Belichick does know more about football players than I do, who would have thought.

Mark, great to see you at the excellent Razor's Edge Tailgate Sunday. Sat behind the Pats bench. Guyton and Ventrone look like such young kids. Guyton is slighter of build than I thought. Woods and Vrabes are much bigger. Law Firm ran with attitude. He ended one long gain knocking the DB on his tail. Luv it!

I imagine we'll be seeing much more of Woods in the coming weeks, if A. Thomas is really out for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back