PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I was wondering...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting....

Well, yes. Brady will be tarnished along with BB for the Spygate fiasco. Will he make the HoF? I think the jury is out on that, but it certainly hurt his chances.

I do not think BB will ever recover his repute for this. He is a great coach, but will never make the HoF because of this.

Not many think Brady is tarnished. Haven't read or heard it til you mentioned it here.

Last edited:
Dude...

If you wish to engage me, please take a note from your friend here. I'm not a stupid human being.

Who said you were stupid. I'm just not going to let this go unchallanged.

Look man I don't want to get in a board war over word-smithing.

I think intent connotes (implies the hope of) success.

Your the one that came on our board with words of Blasphemy - to stir the waters and now it is the words that you used with intention that you don't want to go to war with.
Do you work for the government??

My final response it

If I am taking a test with you beside me and I look over at your paper and see your answers and laugh at them in my mind. And then continue to do what I am doing - now knowing what an idiot the person beside me is. Did I cheat??

That is the Patriots. They laugh at the stupidity of the other teams. Gathering the information (seeing your test paper) is the means to the good laugh.

It is called arrogance

Apparantly spy-gate was keeping brady down. Without being given the plays via the headset, he's actually able to due better; kind of like an improv actor -- does better when he doesn't know what the script is. What else can explain his domminance? [/end sarcasm]

Brady is good. All I am saying is that BB screwed himself out of Canton with this fiasco.

The really amusing part of this exchange is that DCSkinsfan claims that we live in a microcosm while failing to notice that he is in exactly the same situation.

Show me someone who can claim to be objective about all this (or, for that matter, anything else in life or on earth) and I'll show you a machine.

Sometime in the future, a few years from now, a group of people will review the accomplishments of these two men--TB and BB--and see if they merit inclusion in the NFL Hall of Fame.

TB will be elected as soon as he is eligible.

As for BB, I have no doubt that someone will mention the signal-stealing and the fine, incidents vaguely remembered by this time. And then someone else will tote up the Superbowl victories before and after. And then someone else will say, Jeez, this guy has won more big games than anyone else in NFL history. He's won them with stars and he's won them with journeymen players. If he doesn't belong in the Hall of Fame, what coach does?

And BB will be elected as well.

That's my attempt to honestly try to jump above my own prejudices. It is the future as best I can imagine it. I welcome other attempts to do the same, reminding them only how short human memories are and how strong printed records can be.

DC
enjoyed the tete a tete

good luck on Sunday

If the Pats are up by 21 at the beginning of the fourth quarter - are they allowed to keep playing????

Take care

I, for one, can't believe this guy is really this stupid. He's obviously trolling just to get comments. Is there a possibility of a banning here? I don't mind intelligent debate, and I love getting the perspective of the other team, but this is just silly.

To date,this is not only the first person anywhere I've seen suggest Brady isn't a first ballot HoFer. And he's actually suggesting he won't go at all? LOL

Mods? Banning? Anyone? Bueller?

Good points; however, BB will never make HoF because of the appearance of evil (whether right or wrong) and the take-a-ways and notes and attitudes the decision makers have already made.

He effed up and screwed himself out of Canton.

Yall have to understand that around the league people are PO'd. I know that here in your microcosm you want to circle the wagons. I understand that.

BB will never make HoF. TB will.

Are you some "league insider"? How do you know what's being said around the league?

I'm not going to say whether he will be in or not, because I don't have delusions of my own knowledge in the situation. It could go either way, but to declare that he "definitely" will not make it is shortsighted and stupid. If the Patriots manage to win the Super Bowl this year I think he'll make it no matter what. Four Super Bowl titles as a head coach is elite, elite company. If the Pats were able to go 19-0 they might as well induct him in Glendale, 'cause he'll be a shoo-in.

Your the one that came on our board with words of Blasphemy - to stir the waters and now it is the words that you used with intention that you don't want to go to war with.
Do you work for the government??

My final response it

If I am taking a test with you beside me and I look over at your paper and see your answers and laugh at them in my mind. And then continue to do what I am doing - now knowing what an idiot the person beside me is. Did I cheat??

That is the Patriots. They laugh at the stupidity of the other teams. Gathering the information (seeing your test paper) is the means to the good laugh.

It is called arrogance

Hold on a min. I know War... I have been there... 10th Mtn Div. Are you saying im waffleing? Yes I work for the gov't but I will take what I perceived as a jab and give you the benefit of the doubt.

A question was posed. I gave my opinion. If you think it is blasphemy well keep your head in the sand.

In your example, my question would be... why were you looking at my paper anyway? It boils down to integrity and character. Even the appearance of Shenanigans (if seen by teacher) would have resulted in an F. BB got busted by teacher. Deal with it. He is tarnished. He will never be in the HoF.

Arrogance is the very reason the Pats will not go undefeated this season.

That is unless the team has more class than most of the fans on this board.

Hold on a min. I know War... I have been there... 10th Mtn Div. Are you saying im waffleing? Yes I work for the gov't but I will take what I perceived as a jab and give you the benefit of the doubt.

A question was posed. I gave my opinion. If you think it is blasphemy well keep your head in the sand.

In your example, my question would be... why were you looking at my paper anyway? It boils down to integrity and character. Even the appearance of Shenanigans (if seen by teacher) would have resulted in an F. BB got busted by teacher. Deal with it. He is tarnished. He will never be in the HoF.

I take it back about you not being stupid. You can't or won't answer valid questions about your opinion. If you can't show me they are educated then they are hollow. Either answer or STFU with your "I have spoken' attitude and go away.

Not sure if there really was a spygate. A videotaping yes but for use at a later time. Not enough time to figure out what was going on especially with 3 guys giving the defensive signals. The half time break is only so long. What I was lead to believe was that BB has a file on just about every coach in the league and how they react in certain situations. A tape would make it easier to do at a later date.

Cheating is doing anything to circumvent fair play.

Are you aware that it was rumored that George Allen used to bug the opposing teams locker rooms? Are u aware that Paul Brown used illegal recording devices during games? You must at least have heard Jimmy Johnson admitting, no, screaming to the world, that video taping signals was a normal practice around the league. Many prominent NFL coaches and player, the ones with guts and no agendas anyway, have come out and defended Belichick.

It was a witch hunt. The media hates Belichick so they piled on. It went from breaking a rule to cheating in 24 hours. fueled by the media and a few coaches who are sick of losing to the pats.

Wow, this guy is a ******* tool.
Are all Skins fans dip****s like this guy?

I understand yall are upset; however, it shouldn't be at me.

I speak truth.

You wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit you in the ass. Honestly, if you are representative of 'Skins fans it is no wonder Snyder has been able to fleece all of you while fielding a bloated overhyped crashing disappointment of a team for the last how long is it now??? That's the microcosim you live in dimwit.

No one is even talking about spygate anymore except for a few obcessive fans on Pat's web sites who keep bringing it up and the jealous fans on other team websites and some half wacked ESPN contributor who once insisted global warming was a bunch of hooey.

One or two intrepid voting members with a pre existing axe to grind may use this as an excuse to leave Bill of his ballot on the first go, likely more than a decade from now, but it won't matter because the others won't. It's not a jealous fan or coaches or owners vote, it's a media vote that is fairly highly scrutinized. And they know that too mess too much more with it risks the HOF committee acquiessing to the long standing calls to lessen the media's often times biased influence on it by adding existing members of the HOF - people who actually played or coached the game - to the voters list.

There are not even any code of conduct restrictions on induction to the Pro Football HOF, in case you haven't noticed... Paul Hornung was suspended for gambling violations and he was still inducted. John Elway only QB'd back to back Broncos world champions because his team was caught "cheating" the cap by paying him under the table deferred compensation because otherwise they'd have exceeded the cap. The vaunted 49ers likewise cheated the cap and got caught, and it didn't keep any of their HC's or QB's from being inducted. Both organizations were penalized with loss of draft picks for violations hardly ever mentioned any more...

Interesting....

Well, yes. Brady will be tarnished along with BB for the Spygate fiasco. Will he make the HoF? I think the jury is out on that, but it certainly hurt his chances.

I do not think BB will ever recover his repute for this. He is a great coach, but will never make the HoF because of this.

APBasilMole.gif

Nice to troll you... meet you. Nice to meet you, Troll.

Yo DC!

BB is gonna be around for a long time. Isn't that great?!!

He loves coaching football. It is his life. He loves the Pats organization, and the people he works with. And they love him.

Your team will be an also ran for a long time to come. The Boys will continue to be better. The Giants are starting to really come into their own. Your team will win a few here and there, but they will stumble over the likes of Arizona. To bad. I feel sorry for you. It will be like the next 15 years of futility. What a bummer huh?

Do you like any other sports?

Maybe you could get into paintball or something. I'm just trying to be helpful.

Last edited:
DC's run away with his tail between his legs.

No, i am here an quite amazed yall acting like a bunch of Iggles Fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes