PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I was reminiscing earlier...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snarf

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
How time flies. I was thinking about some of the fantastic threads and topics that are no longer really discussed. I post these here so that we can look back fondly....

I miss:

1. Chad Jackson threads. Oh how I miss the Chad Jackson threads. They were so awesome. About how Chad Jackson was the best, and how he should start, and how he's always injured, and how he'll get better, and how maybe next year will be the year, and then the cut Chad Jackson threads and the give Chad more time threads and how Chad Jackson sucks so much, and how BB sucked for drafting him. So great.

2. Maroney is made of glass threads. How awesome were they? Day after day, thread after thread.... about how Maroney was made of glass. Maroney was indeed made of glass. Everyone posting was correct. Everytime I see a player go down now during a game I yell at my TV screen "MADE OF GLASS!!"

3. Maroney dancing threads. Dancing behind the line of scrimmage, going nowhere. Finally commentators talking about Maroney dancing and then finally Maroney talking about Maroney dancing.

3. Ty law needs to feed his family threads. Classic. So awesome. One of the best all time Patriot quotes ever.

4. Asante Samuel's tattoo, "Get Paid", and the months of discussion about it and his desire to... get paid.

5. This goes back a few years, but I'll never forget the constant whining about Antowain Smith. Don't get me wrong, he had a couple of stellar years, but there was a time when he'd run for 1 or 2 yards... every play. Over and over and over and over and over again.

6. Cut Brady threads. Every year we have these. Cut Brady, play Cassell! Cut Brady, play Mallet! Cut Brady, play Rohan Davey!

7. Fire Josh McDaniels / O'Brien threads. The Pats have a bad game and it's off with their heads. I have a feeling we'll get more of this in the coming months!

8. About how "classless" Vrabel, Seymore, LT, Brady, Bellichick, and pretty much anyone and everyone else in the league is. Those threads are so irritating, but a part of me misses their stupidity.

9. BODY LANGUAGE ! (haha)

10. Adam Seward threads. The world's greatest linebacker. Maybe it's not too late to sign him now...

What are some of your fondest memories?

Last edited:
How times fly. I was thinking about some of the fantastic threads and topics that are no longer really discussed. I post these here so that we can look back fondly....

I miss:

1. Chad Jackson threads. Oh how I miss the Chad Jackson threads. They were so awesome. About how Chad Jackson was the best, and how he should start, and how he's always injured, and how he'll get better, and how maybe next year will be the year, and then the cut Chad Jackson threads and the give Chad more time threads and how Chad Jackson sucks so much, and how BB sucked for drafting him. So great.

2. Maroney is made of glass threads. How awesome were they? Day after day, thread after thread.... about how Maroney was made of glass. Maroney was indeed made of glass. Everyone posting was correct. Everytime I see a player go down now during a game I yell at my TV screen "MADE OF GLASS!!"

3. Maroney dancing threads. Dancing behind the line of scrimmage, going nowhere. Finally commentators talking about Maroney dancing and then finally Maroney talking about Maroney dancing.

3. Ty law needs to feed his family threads. Classic. So awesome. One of the best all time Patriot quotes ever.

4. Asante Samuel's tattoo, "Get Paid", and the months of discussion about it and his desire to... get paid.

5. This goes back a few years, but I'll never forget the constant whining about Antowain Smith. Don't get me wrong, he had a couple of stellar years, but there was a time when he'd run for 1 or 2 yards... every play. Over and over and over and over and over again.

6. Cut Brady threads. Every year we have these. Cut Brady, play Cassell! Cut Brady, play Mallet! Cut Brady, play Rohan Davey!

7. Fire Josh McDaniels / O'Brien threads. The Pats have a bad game and it's off with their heads. I have a feeling we'll get more of this in the coming months!

8. About how "classless" Vrabel, Seymore, LT, Brady, Bellichick, and pretty much anyone and everyone else in the league is. Those threads are so irritating, but a part of me misses their stupidity.

9. Adam Seward threads. The world's greatest linebacker. Maybe it's not too late to sign him now...

How about the thread in 2003 about firing Belichick after he released Milloy and we got strummed by Buffalo? Ah, good times.

Rohan Davey was the second coming for a few days ;)

L_IMAGE.fac4e2432c.93.88.fa.80.185e6c4f1.jpg

So...Adam Seward has a workout coming up on Tuesday?

So all your fondest memories are of negative things?

My buddy came up with a nickname for Laurence Maroney-Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) :rocker::D

Last edited:
Why is Bill Belichick wasting a roster spot on some 6th round part time quarterback from Michigan when it is obvious that Michael Bishop is the future for this team at QB?

How time flies. I was thinking about some of the fantastic threads and topics that are no longer really discussed. I post these here so that we can look back fondly....

I miss:

9. BODY LANGUAGE ! (haha)

10. Adam Seward threads. The world's greatest linebacker. Maybe it's not too late to sign him now...

I don't think I've ever seen a cut Brady thread, but I'm with you on most of the rest. Body language threads are the best- gotta love when people think they can psychoanalyze a guy based on his posture for the 2 seconds that he was on TV.

The game threads during the GFY tour were a great time.

I miss the "We miss Snarf" threads ....:p

LOVE the "classless" threads. LOVE !

Why does anyone of us care about that anyways ? We're not their friends. Let's just win as much as possible. With a-holes if need be.

(also liked the "running up the score threads from GFY 07 - boohoo I'm a SB winning coach from Washington, why'd you beat us so BADLY ?)

Why is Bill Belichick wasting a roster spot on some 6th round part time quarterback from Michigan when it is obvious that Michael Bishop is the future for this team at QB?

I just mentioned that, here, a couple days ago. Does this Site go BACK that far?? I would LOVE to read a few lines from THAT Thread!! :rocker:

GFY Tour II ~ Coming Soon to a Stadium near you. :cool:

I ain't joking: by 2012, this Beast should be HUMMIN'.

I just mentioned that, here, a couple days ago. Does this Site go BACK that far?? I would LOVE to read a few lines from THAT Thread!! :rocker:

I dont think it does. Those days we all posted in the Boston.com message board.

I dont think it does. Those days we all posted in the Boston.com message board.
As I recall there was a DoS attack here, and although this site survived the threads prior to that ended up being lost.

But I do also remember that once upon a time boston.com was probably one of the best, if not the best regional sports fan message boards anywhere in the US back when people were first starting to buy computers for personal use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes