Welcome to PatsFans.com

I want to see Manning put on his backside

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Tunescribe, Nov 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,087 / 6 / -23

#61 Jersey

The most frustrating thing about our play against the Colts last year was no one laid a finger on Manning. Now with Seymour in there, a healthy Rodney plus Chad Scott and Hawkins playing well in the secondary, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we finally can get the right coverage/rush schemes in place to put some pressure on the quarterhick. We've GOT to get him hesitating and moving, then rough him up a bit. Nothing warms my heart like seeing Peyton eat turf then flap his arms at people, hang his head and whine.
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  2. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

Sacks are great, but what I want is a man in his face. I want Manning to have to convert at least one play on the move per drive. He drops to below average when he throws on the run.

The one time they forced Manning to throw on the run las year, Vrabel got an int.
  3. PatsSox363804

PatsSox363804 Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

I think Rodney will have a huge impact in this game, whether he is stopping the run, being sent in on a blitz, or hitting Wayne and Harrison in the mouth every time they touch the ball. His toughness was sorely missed last season.
  4. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,087 / 6 / -23

#61 Jersey

Yes, he's very much a rhythm guy and doesn't move in the pocket like Brady. Got to get him running laterally and we CAN'T give him time to throw deep or we're toast.
  5. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +43 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

Yes, exactly. We have to get that pretty, spoiled little sissy and his ever so delicate white jersey muddy. A earlier introduction to Wilfork or Seymour will be great. Even better would be Warren, Green, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin Bruschi and Harrision hitting him at the same time.
  6. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The Colts have actually worked on rolling Peyton out this year. They did it several times in the Giants game to help avoid the pressure and they had some success with it.
  7. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think Peyton can be called a sissy when he only missed a single play when he got his jaw broken.
  8. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

I can buy that, but what I mean is unplanned scrambling. It just makes sense that he would be better if the movement is part of the original play
  9. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

Yeah, but it was only a hairline fracture! :rolleyes:

:D
  10. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He can be called a sissy easily based on the way he plays under pressure. The whole throwing picks off his back foot part. That's why he never wins when it counts.
  11. bishbash

bishbash Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Don't forget "the look", too, Tune!
  12. hwc

hwc On the Roster

Ratings:
    +349 / 39 / -18

One of the reasons that Manning is so good is that he makes it so difficult to dirty his jersey.

If I were a D-coordinator, I would give serious consideration to hitting him on every play on the first drive and just take a string of 15 yard penalties. What's to lose? If you don't hit him, he's going to bite off 15 yards at a crack, anyway. Might as well make him pay the price.
  13. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +98 / 3 / -0

Oddly enough, I was going to post that Rodney or Wilfork would probably take an intentional RTP penalty just to get an early lick in, but I got caught up in something and forgot about it.
  14. PatsDeb

PatsDeb PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -1

I'd rather see him on the sideline (where he can't do any damage) than on his backside a few times. What did Tennessee (of all teams) do that was so effective?
  15. DropKick

DropKick Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If that were to happen, expct Brady to receive the same. That's what we have to lose.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.