Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The most frustrating thing about our play against the Colts last year was no one laid a finger on Manning. Now with Seymour in there, a healthy Rodney plus Chad Scott and Hawkins playing well in the secondary, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we finally can get the right coverage/rush schemes in place to put some pressure on the quarterhick. We've GOT to get him hesitating and moving, then rough him up a bit. Nothing warms my heart like seeing Peyton eat turf then flap his arms at people, hang his head and whine.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
The most frustrating thing about our play against the Colts last year was no one laid a finger on Manning. Now with Seymour back, a healthy Rodney plus Chad Scott and Hawkins playing well in the secondary, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we finally can get the right coverage/rush schemes in place to put some pressure on the quarterhick. We've GOT to get him hesitating and moving, then rough him up a bit. Nothing warms my heart like seeing Peyton eat turf then flap his arms at people, hang his head and whine.

Sacks are great, but what I want is a man in his face. I want Manning to have to convert at least one play on the move per drive. He drops to below average when he throws on the run.

The one time they forced Manning to throw on the run las year, Vrabel got an int.

I think Rodney will have a huge impact in this game, whether he is stopping the run, being sent in on a blitz, or hitting Wayne and Harrison in the mouth every time they touch the ball. His toughness was sorely missed last season.

Oswlek said:
Sacks are great, but what I want is a man in his face. He drops to below average when he throws on the run.

Yes, he's very much a rhythm guy and doesn't move in the pocket like Brady. Got to get him running laterally and we CAN'T give him time to throw deep or we're toast.

Tunescribe said:
The most frustrating thing about our play against the Colts last year was no one laid a finger on Manning. Now with Seymour in there, a healthy Rodney plus Chad Scott and Hawkins playing well in the secondary, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we finally can get the right coverage/rush schemes in place to put some pressure on the quarterhick. We've GOT to get him hesitating and moving, then rough him up a bit. Nothing warms my heart like seeing Peyton eat turf then flap his arms at people, hang his head and whine.

Yes, exactly. We have to get that pretty, spoiled little sissy and his ever so delicate white jersey muddy. A earlier introduction to Wilfork or Seymour will be great. Even better would be Warren, Green, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin Bruschi and Harrision hitting him at the same time.

Oswlek said:
Sacks are great, but what I want is a man in his face. I want Manning to have to convert at least one play on the move per drive. He drops to below average when he throws on the run.

The one time they forced Manning to throw on the run las year, Vrabel got an int.

The Colts have actually worked on rolling Peyton out this year. They did it several times in the Giants game to help avoid the pressure and they had some success with it.

cstjohn17 said:
Yes, exactly. We have to get that pretty, spoiled little sissy and his ever so delicate white jersey muddy. A earlier introduction to Wilfork or Seymour will be great. Even better would be Warren, Green, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin Bruschi and Harrision hitting him at the same time.

I don't think Peyton can be called a sissy when he only missed a single play when he got his jaw broken.

workhorse said:
The Colts have actually worked on rolling Peyton out this year. They did it several times in the Giants game to help avoid the pressure and they had some success with it.

I can buy that, but what I mean is unplanned scrambling. It just makes sense that he would be better if the movement is part of the original play

Last edited:
workhorse said:
I don't think Peyton can be called a sissy when he only missed a single play when he got his jaw broken.

Yeah, but it was only a hairline fracture! :rolleyes:

:D

workhorse said:

He can be called a sissy easily based on the way he plays under pressure. The whole throwing picks off his back foot part. That's why he never wins when it counts.

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Nothing warms my heart like seeing Peyton eat turf then flap his arms at people, hang his head and whine.
Don't forget "the look", too, Tune!

One of the reasons that Manning is so good is that he makes it so difficult to dirty his jersey.

If I were a D-coordinator, I would give serious consideration to hitting him on every play on the first drive and just take a string of 15 yard penalties. What's to lose? If you don't hit him, he's going to bite off 15 yards at a crack, anyway. Might as well make him pay the price.

hwc said:
One of the reasons that Manning is so good is that he makes it so difficult to dirty his jersey.

If I were a D-coordinator, I would give serious consideration to hitting him on every play on the first drive and just take a string of 15 yard penalties. What's to lose? If you don't hit him, he's going to bite off 15 yards at a crack, anyway. Might as well make him pay the price.

Oddly enough, I was going to post that Rodney or Wilfork would probably take an intentional RTP penalty just to get an early lick in, but I got caught up in something and forgot about it.

I'd rather see him on the sideline (where he can't do any damage) than on his backside a few times. What did Tennessee (of all teams) do that was so effective?

hwc said:
If I were a D-coordinator, I would give serious consideration to hitting him on every play on the first drive and just take a string of 15 yard penalties. What's to lose?

If that were to happen, expct Brady to receive the same. That's what we have to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back