PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I want to be a sportswriter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
To me, this job is on par with winning Powerball.

You can write the most uninformed crap and have it published for millions to read and not be held accountable.

Heck, I do the same thing on here daily! The difference being I don't get paid six figures and here I am held accountable.

Case in point. A guy on CNN/SI writes a column stating that what the Pats have done this off-season does not guarantee success because a similar formula has failed miserably for Daniel Snyder and the Redskins.

You gotta be ******* kidding me? This is what passes for insightful sports journalism these days at the flagship sports news archive these days?

Last edited:
For a second i thought It was Ron Borges
By the way is Ron John Molini ?
Haven`t seen nothing from him since February.

To me, this job is on par with winning Powerball.

You can write the most uninformed crap and have it published for millions to read and not be held accountable.

Heck, I do the same thing on here daily! The difference being I don't get paid six figures and here I am held accountable.

Case in point. A guy on CNN/SI writes a column stating that what the Pats have done this off-season does not guarantee success because a similar formula has failed miserably for Daniel Snyder and the Redskins.

You gotta be ******* kidding me? This is what passes for insightful sports journalism these days at the flagship sports news archive these days?

He's right. What is your argument, that free agent signings guarantee success?

Uhhh, I think his point is that, unlike Snyder, and unlike the sportswriter cited, the Patriots actually give evidence that they may know what they're doing.

I don't think anyone's arguing that free agency dabbling guarantees anything. Most people realize that if it's a guarantee you're after, buy a toaster.

My argument is that you can't use the Redskins ventures into free agency as a barometer for future success or failure because Dan Snyder is an idiot.

I'll counter that by saying look at all the castoffs and free agents the Pats signed prior to their first Super Bowl Win.

It has very little to do with how you acquire these players, but rather whom you acquire and at what cost to the team.

Also, that teams overall historical success into player acquisition should be taken into account.

Judgement of any team should be determined on a case by case basis rather than taking the lazy way out and using a broad brush for evaluation.

Does this equation sound right to you:

The Redskins signed a lot of big names free agents. Those free agents have not helped the Redskins achieve success.

The Patriots signed a couple of big named free agents, They will fail too.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
My argument is that you can't use the Redskins ventures into free agency as a barometer for future success or failure because Dan Snyder is an idiot.

I'll counter that by saying look at all the castoffs and free agents the Pats signed prior to their first Super Bowl Win.

It has very little to do with how you acquire these players, but rather whom you acquire and at what cost to the team.

Also, that teams overall historical success into player acquisition should be taken into account.

Judgement of any team should be determined on a case by case basis rather than taking the lazy way out and using a broad brush for evaluation.

Does this equation sound right to you:

The Redskins signed a lot of big names free agents. Those free agents have not helped the Redskins achieve success.

The Patriots signed a couple of big named free agents, They will fail too.
:rolleyes:

While I agree, if I was writing an article saying:
A guy on CNN/SI writes a column stating that what the Pats have done this off-season does not guarantee success
I would use the Redskins as an example.

No matter who you are, you have to prove it on the field.

Last edited:
Where's the article link, by the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots