PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I want the Broncos and Packers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather get the Texans, take care of business and let Baltimore go to Denver and take them out so we get the AFC Championship game. Probably won't happen though. We're going to have to go there. Maybe Baltimore will at least beat them up for us!!

Hopefully we will not get Baltimore next week and Denver the week after. That would be two tough ones in a row (not that I am discounting the Texans).

From ESPN's Paul Kuharsky:

It's all doom and gloom in Houston - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Personally, I don't care who we get next. They haven't played us yet. We didn't have Jones or Hernandez against Indy, we didn't have Talib/Dennard with McCourty at safety or Hernandez against Baltimore, we didn't have Gronkowski, Jones healthy and Talib for half the game against Houston. If Baltimore wins I'll be fine with the Pats ending Ray Lewis' career. In fact, ending Ray Lewis' career and then knocking Peyton out of the playoffs sounds like a nice warm up to me. But I don't care, as long as it leads to another SB, and Goodell crying in the men's room.

I've recently developed a hatred for Denver. It started when they signed Peyton Manning.

All of a sudden their fan base latched on to the Colts legacy like a parasite and took up all their arguments and passions. It was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. Some of them act like Peyton was drafted by Denver. He's `their guy.`

Last season Denver had an identity. They earned the love of a lot of the nation. They happily threw that all away by getting the biggest free agency signing in recent memory. They're not Denver this year. They're Peyton Manning in a new uniform. They have no team. They have no soul. They're just one man. The team itself is just his prop.

It's a mercenary team now. A team driven to desperation to lift themselves out of complete mediocrity with a fan base that slavishly traded their team identity away for one man from the Indianapolis Colts.

Denver sold its soul for a chance at a Superbowl ring. They're not going to get it.

They all sound very... Colts-fanish, don't they?

Really it's not Colts we've hated all these years. It's the cult of Manning.

They all sound very... Colts-fanish, don't they?

Really it's not Colts we've hated all these years. It's the cult of Manning.

And the Colts fans seem much nicer this year, don't they?

Which raises the ugly hypothetical ... if Manning had someone how come here ... could that be ... us? :violent:

Last edited:
seahawks are being severely. underated. seems like almost everybody has the packers penciled in there.

I've made peace with Colt fans for now :)

Who are you actually quoting that said Rodgers was better? Rodgers him self disagrees with that

Let then say what they want. They can but when it comes down to the end of the day, the pats will win. They have the team but not the QB to take charge. We have a QB that takes charge and gets it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you really just say Peyton Manning can't take charge?

I guess people in Denver missed Manning's Indy years. There were some good ones, but plenty to be concerned about as well. Manning has a better D now than perhaps in any year he had in Indy, but is this his best O? I say no way. It is a 50/50 shot to beat PM in the post-season. I hope we get a chance to play those odds.

One thing I do sometimes when the Pats beat the Jets is go on their game thread and scroll through the posts which always start out with a lot of chest thumping and end with a lot of cliff jumping. Hilarious. I never post though. It's useless on another team's forum. Just go for the laughs.

Exactly! Go for the laughs, not to get into a bad mood :confused:

People, grow up....

Do you really waste your time on other teams' forums?

Who gives a rat's *** about what those Shrek's friends think.... let them talk. I'll be licking my chops when we hand them another playoff loss.

Every fanbase has their flaws. If there's one thing I can't stand about coming here is the constant worrying about how this teams perceived by other fanbases. There was a time when there would be more Jets related threads than Patriots related threads on the front page. I have come to the realization that Patriots fans are the easiest fans in the world to troll because unlike most other fanbases they actually care what other people think about this team. Why you would take anything anybody who thinks spygate was a relevant issue seriously is beyond me.

As for discussing actual football, to me the Ravens are the toughest team in the AFC and I'm glad they won't be coming here. They always play us tough and that sort of familiarity is concerning. The Niners and Falcons are the two beast teams in the NFC. This falcons team will be tough to beat at home and I'm not sure anybody outside of SF or Seattle has the personnel to contain them.

Has anyone browsed through any broncos forums lately? It's a little ridiculous... They think manning just can't be beat.

I've seen posts like...
"we will win the Super Bowl. We have one thing no other team does: Peyton Manning."
"Manning makes out defense better."
"Manning talked trash last game... He's on an angry mission. We can't lose."
Almost every single post is about Manning.

And almost every analyst that has us winning the afccg also has us losing the Super Bowl to the packers based solely off of "Aaron Rodgers is just a better qb than Tom Brady."

Tired of all this "no Super Bowls after spygate," "can't beat the manning brothers," "Rodgers is better" talk.
We need to shut people up.

And the special teams too! Haven't you seen Manning telling Prater where to kick the ball? Haven't you seen the blocks he sets up for Holliday's returns?
I can't see how you guys can't agree?!
IMO he should get at least a mention for DPOY and Coach of the Year, plus winning the already locked-up MVP, OPOY and CPOY...

People, grow up....

Do you really waste your time on other teams' forums?

Who gives a rat's *** about what those Shrek's friends think.... let them talk. I'll be licking my chops when we hand them another playoff loss.

Not everyone likes spending all their time in echo chambers.

Wow. I just stopped by a Bronco forum and that fan base is full of bad mojo. Lot of "After we win the Superbowl" threads over there. Nice jynx.

Anyway, the Peyton sycophants within the Denver fan base are too funny. "Peyton keeping the team sharp during the bye," "Peyton is running our whole offense," "I hope Manning becomes the HC or co-owner of the Broncos someday."

lol Really?

They don't understand that the moment he retires he once again becomes a Colt. Co-owner of the Broncos? lol What a poser-fanbase.

Hate them. Too shameless. No real pride in their organization. Pride and signing Peyton as a quarterback-mercenary to win you some games at the expense of your identity are mutually exclusive. You can't have both.

Last edited:
I've recently developed a hatred for Denver. It started when they signed Peyton Manning...

Well, I guess the following shows my age…but my Mile-High Hate runs deep. It started here:
Jan. 4, 1987, at Denver, AFC divisional playoff, Denver 22, New England 17: John Elway was not sharp, but Denver relied on its aggressive defense and tireless running game to beat the Patriots in front of a home crowd of 76,105. Denver sacked Eason six times and ran the ball with authority, amassing 188 yards on the ground.
Steve Sewell, Vance Johnson, Mark Jackson, Karl Mecklenberg, Tom Jackson…and of course, Buck-tooth Elway were all objects of my 5th grade hate. For the next 13-14 years, it seemed like Denver was always in the Playoff mix and we pretty much stunk. Mile-High has always been a tough place to play for us…I would not mind having a chance to overcome those demons in a playoff setting.

Let them trash talk. We've won our last three games against them and their defence which has hardly changed since last season or the game we beat Manning in.

It would have every making of a close game for sure. There's no coach better equipped or with better knowledge than a belichick to beat Manning. Given their recent record against the Pats, I'd be staying pretty quiet.

Saying all this, I hope winter starts to really hit Denver down the stretch...I've never rated Manning in winter weather. He got too comfortable in that dome of his.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back