PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I want mo' money

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have decided I want a raise this year. My Bosses firm is privately held. None of the financial information is public record, .......and.... according to my Boss.....and get this crap,.....he had to pay millions of dollars to establish the business, market the business, seek financial help from partners like television, hire and provide for all other other employees and he expects me to believe I can't look at his books so I can determine how much money that idiot should pay me.

I don't want him making too much in the end. If he did that and wanted to add opportunities of added revenue in the future where he said he will create a partnership where I can expand my financial portfolio, how can I trust that, even though I was paid twice the money or more of the President of the United States every year over the last few years? But hey.....I take a chance to get a neck stinger, STD or an ACL or even a concussion because I can get hurt on my job. I know what you are thinking, Policemen and Firemen don't get paid anywhere near what I do and death is right around the corner for them, but those guys are way too busy to have the burden of multi-million dollar corporate endorsements to worry about like me. Some guy even suggested that I split those multi-million dollar endorsements with my Boss because he has to share....ah?....nope! The joke of a Boss even offered me better insurance and protection for my family, that miserable S.O.B. and some of my old buddies. I know he has something hidden like he has a relative or two on the payroll or he is supporting another business with these profits ...HOW DARE HE!...(he might even have a mistress).

NO...NO...NO... Mr. Bossman! Open those books so "I" can tell you what is fair. The good news for you is I have a Judge in Minnesota who many say should recuse himself because he has not been equally fair down the line whatsoever. Me and my buddies know this is a "slam dunk" and my pal the Judge will rule in my favor regardless. I know he has this superiority complex going for him that he is "The god of law" even when he is proven wrong, and heaven help the side that argues against his own personal agenda. This will be fun. Meanwhile my good friend Attorney Bessler or Tessler or Fessler or something with a "K" is making money hand over fist because we get to go to court for many billable hours and we already know the outcome. It's like going to a "house of ill-repute" and having them pay you! This will be fun.

The only thing we have to be careful about is that there could be too many slaps on the back and "other" things that might be misconstrued when we party down with the Judge after his "oh-so reasonable and non-bias verdict".

I have a lot of people in my corner. I have a little guy with a funny hat who uses that as his signature. I have got a secret to tell you. He represented me but he told me this whole thing amounted to a PR game and he hoped he would benefit greatly. He said he could see the beads of sweat on my Bosses face right now.

Anyway my buddy in the weird hat was voted in to be our labor "Negotiator". He faked out my Boss cause he ain’t negotiatin nuthin! He engineered this so-called “decertification” deal so he can go in front of his good buddy Judge in Minnesota to basically ruin the product my Boss serves to his clients or at least hold it up for ever, despite my Boss essentially meeting my demand for financial disclosure. My Boss is a sucker. My "Negotiator" laughed because he wanted everybody’s time and all the lawyers involved to be paid handsomely when my little nattily hatted buddy knew he wanted to see Minnesota in the Spring and Summer and Fall and maybe even a little ice fishin in next winter as well…. anydamnedway. Those Minnesota Judge people will laugh along with him. They even just elected some comedian as a Senator “don’t-cha-know”.

About that disclosure, my Boss even offered this weakass option to have an independent auditor -- to be determined by both sides -- study the audited financial statements of his privately owned operation and do discovery of proprietary financial information for determination.

My main man, Mr. Negotiator does not want a settlement at this time. Are you crazy? He wants that big face time on TV to invest in his political ambitions. I don’t know why. He has a face like a torn sneaker! I understand he and a certain someone are seeing if they can get rid of that assclown Biden.

Anyway, I am sure it will go my way. After-all I am the star of my Bosses business. It's not like he can go out and replace me because I was blessed with talent (and the rest of you weren't so ha-ha) and I can run faster, throw harder, leap higher, catch better and "stick" like a Mack Truck. I am cursed with that affliction! My Boss's client better pay up. Perhaps they can get another job and pay a little higher price to watch me. Those clients must understand I have my BMW payment, my Escalade payment, my Porsche payment, my Ferrari payment , my "posse payments" and.....my never ending legal bills for mere petty incidents like gun play, those little DUI things when they know I can dive a car better at 100mph that way, drugs they don't deem appropriate, "social disturbances" or the fisticuffs that might have accompanied such and sometimes a paternity suit or two or three. Remember I can't leave the job I have now and do something for a living in the real world. Want to buy some of my Jerseys today? I will sign one for only $500. for your orphanage.

Remember the real reason I learned my craft while I went to high school and college and now apply that craft for my Bosses clients.... and get this....on a National stage.... is because they all put a gun to my head. If I don't get what I want, my Boss should close down his business and I will help him along with my "Negotiator". At least I don't have a big waste of time Bronxville guy who acts like an evil, sneaky carnival barker with absolutely "0" knowledge of the profession he was hired to proctor at $7m per year, to be my Boss's mouthpiece.
Signed,
I am the Man

The guy that mows my lawn had the absolute kilyonies to ask to see my financials so he knew how much to raise the price of cutting my lawn. What the hell!

Last edited:
The players aren't asking for more money the owners are.

I have decided I want a raise this year. My Bosses firm is privately held. None of the financial information is public record, .......and.... according to my Boss.....and get this crap,.....he had to pay millions of dollars to establish the business, market the business, seek financial help from partners like television, hire and provide for all other other employees and he expects me to believe I can't look at his books so I can determine how much money that idiot should pay me.

I don't want him making too much in the end. If he did that and wanted to add opportunities of added revenue in the future where he said he will create a partnership where I can expand my financial portfolio, how can I trust that, even though I was paid twice the money or more of the President of the United States every year over the last few years? But hey.....I take a chance to get a neck stinger, STD or an ACL or even a concussion because I can get hurt on my job. I know what you are thinking, Policemen and Firemen don't get paid anywhere near what I do and death is right around the corner for them, but those guys are way too busy to have the burden of multi-million dollar corporate endorsements to worry about like me. Some guy even suggested that I split those multi-million dollar endorsements with my Boss because he has to share....ah?....nope! The joke of a Boss even offered me better insurance and protection for my family, that miserable S.O.B. and some of my old buddies. I know he has something hidden like he has a relative or two on the payroll or he is supporting another business with these profits ...HOW DARE HE!...(he might even have a mistress).

NO...NO...NO... Mr. Bossman! Open those books so "I" can tell you what is fair. The good news for you is I have a Judge in Minnesota who many say should recuse himself because he has not been equally fair down the line whatsoever. Me and my buddies know this is a "slam dunk" and my pal the Judge will rule in my favor regardless. I know he has this superiority complex going for him that he is "The god of law" even when he is proven wrong, and heaven help the side that argues against his own personal agenda. This will be fun. Meanwhile my good friend Attorney Bessler or Tessler or Fessler or something with a "K" is making money hand over fist because we get to go to court for many billable hours and we already know the outcome. It's like going to a "house of ill-repute" and having them pay you! This will be fun.

The only thing we have to be careful about is that there could be too many slaps on the back and "other" things that might be misconstrued when we party down with the Judge after his "oh-so reasonable and non-bias verdict".

I have a lot of people in my corner. I have a little guy with a funny hat who uses that as his signature. I have got a secret to tell you. He represented me but he told me this whole thing amounted to a PR game and he hoped he would benefit greatly. He said he could see the beads of sweat on my Bosses face right now.

Anyway my buddy in the weird hat was voted in to be our labor "Negotiator". He faked out my Boss cause he ain’t negotiatin nuthin! He engineered this so-called “decertification” deal so he can go in front of his good buddy Judge in Minnesota to basically ruin the product my Boss serves to his clients or at least hold it up for ever, despite my Boss essentially meeting my demand for financial disclosure. My Boss is a sucker. My "Negotiator" laughed because he wanted everybody’s time and all the lawyers involved to be paid handsomely when my little nattily hatted buddy knew he wanted to see Minnesota in the Spring and Summer and Fall and maybe even a little ice fishin in next winter as well…. anydamnedway. Those Minnesota Judge people will laugh along with him. They even just elected some comedian as a Senator “don’t-cha-know”.

About that disclosure, my Boss even offered this weakass option to have an independent auditor -- to be determined by both sides -- study the audited financial statements of his privately owned operation and do discovery of proprietary financial information for determination.

My main man, Mr. Negotiator does not want a settlement at this time. Are you crazy? He wants that big face time on TV to invest in his political ambitions. I don’t know why. He has a face like a torn sneaker! I understand he and a certain someone are seeing if they can get rid of that assclown Biden.

Anyway, I am sure it will go my way. After-all I am the star of my Bosses business. It's not like he can go out and replace me because I was blessed with talent (and the rest of you weren't so ha-ha) and I can run faster, throw harder, leap higher, catch better and "stick" like a Mack Truck. I am cursed with that affliction! My Boss's client better pay up. Perhaps they can get another job and pay a little higher price to watch me. Those clients must understand I have my BMW payment, my Escalade payment, my Porsche payment, my Ferrari payment , my "posse payments" and.....my never ending legal bills for mere petty incidents like gun play, those little DUI things when they know I can dive a car better at 100mph that way, drugs they don't deem appropriate, "social disturbances" or the fisticuffs that might have accompanied such and sometimes a paternity suit or two or three. Remember I can't leave the job I have now and do something for a living in the real world. Want to buy some of my Jerseys today? I will sign one for only $500. for your orphanage.

Remember the real reason I learned my craft while I went to high school and college and now apply that craft for my Bosses clients.... and get this....on a National stage.... is because they all put a gun to my head. If I don't get what I want, my Boss should close down his business and I will help him along with my "Negotiator". At least I don't have a big waste of time Bronxville guy who acts like an evil, sneaky carnival barker with absolutely "0" knowledge of the profession he was hired to proctor at $7m per year, to be my Boss's mouthpiece.
Signed,
I am the Man

The guy that mows my lawn had the absolute kilyonies to ask to see my financials so he knew how much to raise the price of cutting my lawn. What the hell!

Maybe you should just go out on the marketplace and see if you can get another job that will pay you what you think you're worth.

My Boss came to see me yesterday. he said, I want to cut your pay.

I told him to F-off.

He said, come on now, I need more money to buy a new sofa and chandelier for my office.

I told him to go to IKEA.

He said, fine, I'll lock the doors and go on vacation.

I told him, Fine, I always wanted to go to Australia myself!

My Boss came to see me yesterday. he said, I want to cut your pay.

I told him to F-off.

He said, come on now, I need more money to buy a new sofa and chandelier for my office.

I told him to go to IKEA.

He said, fine, I'll lock the doors and go on vacation.

I told him, Fine, I always wanted to go to Australia myself!

When you come back from Australia, you're going to be working at McDonalds. Meanwhile, your boss is going to sell his business and be chilling on his yacht in Florida.

It's all BS.

The players should be free agents every year , just like everyone else. If they sign a long term or short term, or even no contract, it should be between them and their employer. Draftee, veteran, it shouldn't matter. All the other employees of the NFL and all of the teams, are treated just like the rest of us, who work at will, for whatever we can get, and whatever our employers agree to pay us.

The NFL is as much entertainment for the masses as anything out of Hollywood.

If Robert DeNiro can get paid ten million a movie, good for him. If Tom Brady can get paid two million a game , good for him.

The issue isn't the amount of money, it's about the freedom to work for the best deal that you can get, wherever you can get it.

I hope Judge Doty tears the whole system apart.

When you come back from Australia, you're going to be working at McDonalds. Meanwhile, your boss is going to sell his business and be chilling on his yacht in Florida.

Better to work at McDonalds than to genuflect.

I can however see why some support the owners, as they really do need new silverware for their yachts and the greedy players who end up half crippled are in the way of that purchase, and some people are sympathetic enough to that kind of suffering---old silverware on a brand new yacht simply won't do.

Maybe you should just go out on the marketplace and see if you can get another job that will pay you what you think you're worth.

Agreed 100%. If the players don't like what they are getting, let them go into the marketplace. Let them go to the Canadian Football league or the Arena Football league or anywhere else in the marketplace that they prefer to work, oh yeah and don't let the door hit them in the rump on the way out.

It's all BS.

The players should be free agents every year , just like everyone else. If they sign a long term or short term, or even no contract, it should be between them and their employer. Draftee, veteran, it shouldn't matter. All the other employees of the NFL and all of the teams, are treated just like the rest of us, who work at will, for whatever we can get, and whatever our employers agree to pay us.

If Robert DeNiro can get paid ten million a movie, good for him. If Tom Brady can get paid two million a game , good for him.

The issue isn't the amount of money, it's about the freedom to work for the best deal that you can get, wherever you can get it.

This will result in a MLB version of the NFL, where ( goodness no ), the New York teams have the highest payroll every season and two thirds of the league is out of the playoffs on opening day.

Better to work at McDonalds than to genuflect.

Come on!

You actually think Tom Brady is a servant? He of the supermodel wife and the free Audis? Where do you think Brady would be if there was no NFL? Or how about Cromartie? He of the 20 kids with 10 different women. He's behaving more like the master than the servant. Where do you think most of these guys would be?

By the way, I'm glad we started a new thread on this. It was tiring to post the same crap in the same thread time after time. Now we can all post it in multiple threads. I think I'll start a couple more. ;)

Agreed 100%. If the players don't like what they are getting, let them go into the marketplace. Let them go to the Canadian Football league or the Arena Football league or anywhere else in the marketplace that they prefer to work, oh yeah and don't let the door hit them in the rump on the way out.

Good point, Brady should tell the Kraft's he enjoyed working for them and retire, he's set for life, no reason to risk his future health to entertain us and make millions for billionaires.

That's not true, not true at all. You're wrong.

Good point, Brady should tell the Kraft's he enjoyed working for them and retire, he's set for life, no reason to risk his future health to entertain us and make millions for billionaires.

And beyond that, yes the players would lose a ton of money is the U(S)FL but people should not forget that Steve Young, Jim Kelly and Herschel Walker went that route, and they were none the worse for it.

The point is, if all those players move on and play for much less in the UFL, they will have lost a big chunk of money. But in the meantime, if you actually believe that the owners would not suffer, you're not paying attention. The value of these franchises exists on helium at this point. They are hyperinflated. I'm sure that, privately, some of these owners are dying to get out. Think about it, the Bills are worth $800 million. But if the Bills have no players, then what are they worth?

I'm sorry, I don't think people will pay much to watch the Bills replacement players play the Patriots replacements for a year or two until the league starts developing new stars. Beyond that, there's just as great a possibility that college players elect to go play in a league where all the big stars are playing rather than the NFL. It's a risky gambit.

and don't for a second believe that some people with hundreds of millions wouldn't jump in with two feet into the UFL and start shelling out $5 million contracts. Donald Trump did it with the USFL. It's a good gamble--ESPECIALLY if the players don't cross the lines. Why? Becuase you can buy a franchise for nothing, shell out $50 million in franchises, take in $50 million in revenues, and in a couple years, you might actually have a lucrative franchise on your hands.

The NFL owners own a brand name, and the power of that brand name has always been that they run a fantastic sports league that has no peer. They are the uncontested winners. But viewers know good football as well. It's almost as likely that people would rather watch Brady throwing the ball to Welker for the New England Muskets playing in front of 45k or would you rather watch Andy Dalton throwing the ball to Dane Sanzenbacher in front of 25k at Gillette for the New England Patriots?

This will result in a MLB version of the NFL, where ( goodness no ), the New York teams have the highest payroll every season and two thirds of the league is out of the playoffs on opening day.

Maybe two thirds of the teams are lame teams with lame owners who don't belong in the league.

As they say, the cream rises to the top. If you don't have the money to compete, find another hobby.

It's all BS.

What you ask for will signal the end of competitve professional sports as we know it.
The anti-trust exemption isn't there so owners can make more money.
Its there because pro sports league are unique entities that must act as individual units as well as part of a group. No other industry in America is like that.
If you take away anti-trust, then there in no longer a LEAGUE, there are as many indenpent 'football companies' as want to open up, and they hire employees and charge people to come see them play a game against another 'football company'. If Patriot, INC beats Jets INC, then Woody Johnson could make Tom Brady an offer to quit Patriots INC and come to work for Jets INC next week. Of course no one will really care because there wont be an organized league, season, or championship.

Bingo. / 10 char.

Maybe two thirds of the teams are lame teams with lame owners who don't belong in the league.

As they say, the cream rises to the top. If you don't have the money to compete, find another hobby.
So you think we would be better of with 10 football corporations bidding for employees and scheduling some games against each other than with the National Football League? Interesting position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes