PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I wanna see Moss, Welker, and Edelman on the field together

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a 2 x 1 set the backside reciever needs to be able to make some plays. The coverage is mostly rolled over to the slot side, especially considering who is on the outside (moss). It was nice to see how well Edelman played, while he would'nt be the perfect fit outside in that set. He's good to have if Galloway just does'nt come along. If I'm not mistaken this is Galloways first time in this system. Or a system other than the west coast.

Honestly, I don't know if Galloway, Edelman, Aiken or even Nunn is the best for that role - although my eyes tell me it's Aiken until E or N is 100% with the playbook. What I do know is we don't need a crazy double teamed 4.3 running stud on the other side. Just a guy who gets to the right place, makes the catch and makes good decisions after the catch.

That skill set seems to be what enabled Gaff to overtake Stallworth in that role in 2007. Stallworth is a better athlete but Gaff appeared to adopt to that role better. Maybe Galloway and Edelman will be analogous to Stallworth and Gaffney. Or as you say maybe it will be a guy like Nunn. All I know is that role does not require the most athletic stud, but the guy that runs the best routes and makes the best decisions.

i think since 2007 we have fallen in love with the high powered offense but that thing has started to wear off a little bit. We scored all those 50+ pts games during the first half of 2007 and then startedto slow down later.Iam not saying the offense os bad ;its more powerful but also is predictable now somewhat because needs of moss and brady have to be fullfilled also.again its not a criticism but an observation. With such an offense ,execution has to very very high like the colts 3-4 yrs ago else there is not much left.
prior to 2007 it was 20+ player offense with people like mike cloud contributing big for heavens sake for a single game. I personally miss that resourcefullness of the pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back