PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Thought We Drafted The Entire Rutgers D!

Havent seen Cooper play, but I am sure it doesnt hurt that KC has great pass rush.

I'm pretty happy with the development of Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon. Coupled with Alfonso Dennard, the Secondary looks set for a bright future in New England. If the Patriots extend McCourty and Talib, there's no reason to think it can't continue its trajectory toward an elite unit.

It's the strangest thing but in light of the Patriots struggles on offense, I am delighted with the improvement on D.

The Patriots did try to acquire him. He was drafted by San Francisco in the 7th round and cut late in preseason. The Patriots put a waiver claim in for him but Kansas city had precedence. It's a shame since he's so good.

lol... this is hilarious and makes it official that BB is crazy about Rutgers!

I see why he is, they have so far put out good- great Dbs. Harmon and Ryan look like good picks so far. And the one we don't take is having a monster year. Go figure lol

I see why he is, they have so far put out good- great Dbs. Harmon and Ryan look like good picks so far. And the one we don't take is having a monster year. Go figure lol

We have another Rutger's DB in Justin Green on the practice squad who could turn into something. Though from his preseason performance this year that could be a long shot.

Logan Ryan would probably also be great in KC where QBs are in a rush to get rid of the ball.

It seems pretty extraordinary that Cooper and Jones are both making such an impact in their rookie years after being cut by the teams that drafted them. There are plenty of players who bounced around the league for a year or two before they hit their groove, but I'm having trouble thinking of other examples of players who looked so good so soon after not making a roster.

Crazy like a fox, you mean. Basically all the Rutgers secondary players BB has drafted have panned out to a certain degree and Cooper is playing very well in KC. He would have made a very nice addition to the roster.

I'm pretty happy with the development of Logan Ryan and Duron Harmon. Coupled with Alfonso Dennard, the Secondary looks set for a bright future in New England. If the Patriots extend McCourty and Talib, there's no reason to think it can't continue its trajectory toward an elite unit.

It's the strangest thing but in light of the Patriots struggles on offense, I am delighted with the improvement on D.

I am excited about the development of Harmon and Ryan so far, although my fear is that we're only going to be able to keep one of Talib/McCourty (unsubstantiated opinion only) due to the salary cap implications.

The secondary picks have really improved lately. I'd be good with one final pick in next year's draft to boot, although it may not even be necessary if Harmon steps up throughout the course of the rest of 2013.

I am excited about the development of Harmon and Ryan so far, although my fear is that we're only going to be able to keep one of Talib/McCourty (unsubstantiated opinion only) due to the salary cap implications.

The secondary picks have really improved lately. I'd be good with one final pick in next year's draft to boot, although it may not even be necessary if Harmon steps up throughout the course of the rest of 2013.
I know it isn't commercially great for Talib but I'm hopeful his injury problems help keep him at Foxboro on a reasonable contract. Also, the addition of someone like Michael Johnson to the DL rotation would almost put the defense over the top.

Comparatively, the Patriots are in pretty good shape moving forward (especially if Sopoaga works out and has his contract renegotiated). A few additions here to cover the subtractions and 2014 should be looking pretty good. Naturally that relies on them needing the second year jump from the Wide Outs to be immense next season.

I think the pats have a nuff rookies starting and playing big rolls on this team

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back