Welcome to PatsFans.com

I thought there was misquoting of this guy about wanting to destroy Israel

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by khayos, Aug 17, 2012.

1. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    American Left Winger screwballs love this little guy, for some reason they dumped Israel now they are all mushy and lovey dovey with Beheading, Stoning And Lashing Islam.

God Willing
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

But....... but............. but I just saw a nice pretty graphic that proved that Iran hasn't attacked anyone or insulted anyone or looked cross eyed at anyone since World War II........... :confused: :confused:
  4. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

First time, it was definitely mangled. "Will pass from the page of history" turned into "will be wiped off the map."

Have no idea whether there are quibbles this time, but it's definitely bellicose rhetoric.

So his basic contention is that Israel dares not attack Iran because Iran will whack Israel back so hard that the political leadership will fall... and that through some undefined agency ("God willing and with the help of "the nations," ") Israel "will be" destroyed soon anyway.

Meh. Heard it before.

Other than "libruls noticed when we drooled about a bad translation and now we think he's more threatening and I bet libruls STILL aren't bellicose enough," I have no idea what this is supposed to be about.

What exact options do you believe the Israelis, or the U.S., should be contemplating vis a vis Iran?

Do you want to start another U.S. land war in Asia? Anybody? Do we believe our forces to be capable of conquering and controlling a nation of 75 million? Do you believe we should spend the blood and treasure?

Or is the contention that Israel, a nation of 7 million or so, should conquer and control said nation?

Or is there some solution short of war you are pointing toward -- say, sanctions? Oh yeah that's right. We're doing that.

Okay so you think libs don't have the right bumper stickers, got it.

Now what do you want to do about Iran?

Reality please.

PFnV
  5. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -1

Harry Boy won't be happy till he's sent us twenty something's off to fight Israel's fight.
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

We have a volunteer military and we don't ever have to worry that you would volunteer.
  7. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

I think everybody's aware that the military is volunteers. That doesn't mean it's OK to get American troops killed when America isn't threatened.
  8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What about when America's allies are threatened? Should we just tell them they're on their own?
  9. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -1

If they're picking fights, yes.

Funny how we have enough money to fight other people's fights but not enough for healthcare etc.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  10. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad told an annual anti-Israel protest in Tehran on Friday that the Jewish state was a "cancerous tumour" that will soon be excised, drawing Western rebukes.

"The Zionist regime and the Zionists are a cancerous tumour," he said.

"The nations of the region will soon finish off the usurper Zionists in the Palestinian land.... A new Middle East will definitely be formed. With the grace of God and help of the nations, in the new Middle East there will be no trace of the Americans and Zionists," he said.

Gotta tell ya, Doc, call me crazy but it sure don't seem to my like Israel is the one picking the fight there. :bricks: :bricks:
  11. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

my comment was about the notion that it being a "volunteer army" means military entanglement is OK.

I'm OK with many forms of military force, including supporting our allies and acting as "world policeman" if that's what we choose. But I want our politicians to be explicit about how they would vote for our military to be used and I want them held accountable for that. I'd feel that way whether it was a volunteer army, as it is now, or if we had a draft.
  12. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -1

Gee wiz Harry Boy, who's the one that's going to attack?

Hint hint, one is talk to galvanize the islamic voters, the other is planning flight routes through turkey.

Not to mention Iran cannot project force outside its borders.

Don't be naive.
  13. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +556 / 7 / -9

Once again, I agree with all our righties that that's some bellicose rhetoric right there, boy. Yessiree bob.

Now: What should we do about it?

What are the policy options?

The silence thus far is deafening.

Do you want war with Iran, Patro? How about you 13, Harry?

Shall we have a war with Iran?

Please do get back to me if any of you believe we have a policy difference. Otherwise, it sounds like you think different bumper stickers are the solution here.

Once again, so you know what the question is: What would you do about this?

Another screed about how you hate libruls isn't a policy prescription.

Thanks,

PFnV
  14. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

The options now are no better than they were in January 2009. You can choose bad or you can choose worse. Israel will choose based on its own interests, I assume.

From the cheap seats here in the U.S. it is easy to say that we shouldn't interfere in the affairs of Iran, but don't try to act like you actually give a ***** about the Iranian people who are the ones living under a brutal undemocratic regime.

Obama missed an opportunity during the Green Revolution. Now, there will likely be blood.
  15. IllegalContact

IllegalContact On the Roster

Ratings:
    +400 / 4 / -10

Ahmadinejad is all talk.....if he was really going to do something, he would have done it already.

there is no way for Iran to come out ahead in a strike against Israel, and he knows it........but boy, do his supporters love to hear it
  16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Well perhaps he is waiting for his first couple of nukes to be finished. They seem to have a rocket delivery system that can reach Tel Aviv.

It is dangerous to think that madmen won't do what they rant about, see any number of dictators and loons throughout the 20th century who left hundred of millions of dead in their wake.

This guy BELIEVES in the return of the 12th Imam not good.
  17. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +663 / 2 / -9

Nope support them but never send troops there, don't worry Israel can take care of itself, if that Smelly Little Armadegggon or whatever his name is f-cks with Israel Iran won't know what hit them.
    American troops should never be sent anywhere near The Middle East or any other Islamic Country, those people have been killing each other since the beginning of time, they will continue until the end of time.

Why did America's Left Wing suddenly "dump Israel" that used to be quite a Love Affair...........:confused::confused:
  18. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -1

Really? I'm scared of people who believe the coming of Armageddon and the End of Days!

It's hilarious how people really overlook the fact that Christianity has so many of these same components. Tehran is cold and calculated, they're not some doomsday club. Either way, it's not our business to protect Israel pre-emptively. And it certainly isn't our business if they launch the war and expect us to back them up.
  19. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

I have been quietly thinking the same thing Doc since 13 posted that this AM....

I just couldn't figure out the logic being used and figured I missed something.
  20. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +380 / 3 / -15

Maybe what YOU don't understand is that "If" Israel is attacked strongly enough, then young Americans WILL be sent to help defend them.

There is a thing called "Ally". And if we didn't have allies, you & I possibly wouldn't be living in a free nation called the United States of America.

We would never stand by and watch Israel be destroyed. You may not like that fact, you just need to accept it.

I am not the only one who would LOVE to see Ahmadinejad assassinated.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012