PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I thought it would be worse. But im feeling alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VectorPrime

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Yes I am disappointed. Yes, I am shocked. But I would be lying if I said I was feeling as bad as I feared I would. I guess the bright side to the loss 3 years ago was that you could always look back and go, "well at least this loss wasn't as bad as that.

Really, we are in a damn lucky position at the moment. Brady, whether you like it or not (and you better or you need to get your head checked) is our QB for at least the next 4 years. While in his prime. Seems like a good deal to me.

6 picks in the first 3 rounds, really you know the drill.

The window is not closing, it is actually opening.

Yeah could be worse. SB 42 and 2006 AFCCG are much worse than this. Time to reload for next year.

07 was worse, but this was 2nd in my book. I have never watched a Patriots team, have another team talk **** all week, and then come in their house and shove it down their throats, like I have for the past 2 playoff games. This one being the worst becuase of it being the Jets, and Rex. This is embarrassing, makes this era of Pats look soft, and there are no one on the defensive side of the ball that appears to want to take over the Rodney/Willie/Brushci role of being the leader when they need it.

This is worse. I'm not overly torn up about it, but I feel the Pats were just embarased on national TV by a team that came in and told everyone they were going to do it. It's humiliating to have the season end like that. They look soft, with no resolve to answer a team as they should.

3 playoff losses in row for the Pats. Pats were favored in all three games, favored heavily in two of the three games. None of the games were on the road. It doesn't hurt as much anymore, because none of us are surprised anymore. How many of us were expecting Tom Brady to pull this playoff game out in the fourth quarter, like we used to? None of us. It doesn't happen anymore.

I know the feeling. I thought I would feel worse, but tonight I watched the game with two Browns fans. One of which is a die-hard fan from the Cleveland area and I know how much he would enjoy one season similar to what the Patriots have had over the past few years.

As much as I hated to see the Patriots lose, watching the game with them (and I usually watch games solo) helped put it in perspective.

If they weren't going to win it all, I'm not all that upset it ended where it did. Watching GB play the last couple of weeks I got the feeling we would be hard pressed to beat them even if we got past Pittsburgh.

If they weren't going to win it all, I'm not all that upset it ended where it did. Watching GB play the last couple of weeks I got the feeling we would be hard pressed to beat them even if we got past Pittsburgh.

I agree, the Packers look EXTREMELY good.

If the Jets lose by 40 in the SB it will have all been worth it.

Go Rodgers you are our only hope

Jets or Steelers will be in the SB..........

goes and drinks bleach

Yeah could be worse. SB 42 and 2006 AFCCG are much worse than this. Time to reload for next year.

The 9 points was a sucker's bet. The Jets are, believe it or not, a more experienced playoff team right now. Pats had how many rookies starting? It showed tonight. Doesn't mean you're going away next year or anytime soon. I predict many divorces in Pats Nation come Draft season. Plenty of great snow to rip turns on though, Its what I've been doing many winters now.:rocker:

J E T S Jets Jets Jets!~

Ever since the regular season game against the Packers I've had the feeling they were not going to win a game against a team that minimized their mistakes and won the time of possession battle. AFC CG was bad because the defense got so gassed and blew a lead. The Patriots were not playing better than their opposition at any point in this game so there are no real "what if" scenarios. There was no series of hilariously bad officiating calls like that that loss then Denver. They flat out underperformed. The only AFC playoff team they could have beaten playing like that was the Chiefs, and even that might have been a loss if Cassel had a half decent game and didn't turn the ball over.

When all of your success is based upon a monstrous turnover differential, and you allow the opposite to happen even to a slight degree, you lose. This was a tightrope team and they started falling to the ground in the first quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back