PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"I thought it was going to be different..." - Shaun Ellis

Status
Not open for further replies.
The great part is we never trailed thats just classic they came into this game with all kinds of energy and hope and they were only tied with us for 12 minutes. They never led that must feel real disheartening, they couldnt even say "we had the lead and blew it" If you look back once we stood them up at the goal line they never came close again. Score does not show the true difference on the 2 teams. We could have scored more if they were not trying to keep Cassel reigned in on his first start

Last edited:
The great part is we never trailed thats just classic they came into this game with all kinds of energy and hope and they were only tied with us for 12 minutes. They never led that must feel real disheartening, they couldnt even say "we had the lead and blew it" If you look back once we stood them up at the goal line they never came close again. Score does not show the true difference on the 2 teams. We could have scored more if they were not trying to keep Cassel reigned in on his first start

Exactly. There's no question in my mind that they could have scored on the last posession. Wonder if they would have been accused of running up the score if they had?

Exactly. There's no question in my mind that they could have scored on the last posession. Wonder if they would have been accused of running up the score if they had?

In my dark, All-Madden heart, I wanted them to kick one more field goal. :(

In my dark, All-Madden heart, I wanted them to kick one more field goal. :(

Yea, me too. Run it to 1 sec left, call timeout and kick the field goal.

Ohhhhhhhhhh that would have been sweet.

I was calling for the F YOU touchdown......Kind of diasappointed that they didn't go for it.

Good article,interesting to get the opponents point of view.Thanks for the link!

this article is loaded with excuses from field position to this one:

"It was a tough loss for us," safety Kerry Rhodes said at the interview room podium. "We were definitely a confident team coming in. Cassel didn't lose the game, that's what it was."

is he saying favre lost the game for them?

That's what it sounds like to me.

I vote this team most likely to implode to the point of even missing games.

I think the Cowboys are right behind them. They hit a losing streak and... oy.

this article is loaded with excuses from field position to this one:

I read it more as "We were counting on Cassel to lose the game and he didn't"...i.e. we gameplanned with wishful thinking, not hard work and preparation. That was, imo, the saddest comment I've ever read by an athlete. "We thought we had a chance, we were really, really thinking someone would make a big mistake, 'cause that's really the only thing we could come up with to help us win..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes