Welcome to PatsFans.com

I Thought Illegals Never Hurt Or Threatened Anyone

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Wolfpack, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gee, I thought illegals were just peace loving folks who wouldn't hurt a fly and just want to work work work all the live long day. :confused: The liberals go apecrap over a law to strengthen our borders, but they gladly turn a blind eye to incidents like these, where Mexicans are targeting our police.

Don't worry folks! Let's not overreact by securing our own borders or anything crazy like that!

Mexican Drug Cartels Threaten Arizona Police - ABC News

A Mexican drug cartel has threatened police officers in Arizona who confiscated a marijuana shipment, prompting the small town department to warn its officers to remain armed and have radios with them at all times, and keep their body armor handy.

Police and experts believe the warning against the Nogales, Ariz., cops marks the first time that powerful Mexican drug cartels, used to bribing and bullying police south of the border, have targeted U.S. officers.
  2. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +641 / 6 / -18

It wouldn't be a Wolfpack post were it not rife with generalizations and straw men.

I'm all for much more stringent immigration policies but I'll be damned if this skirt couldn't write a textbook on the use of logical fallacies.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And it wouldn't be JackBauer without another ad hominem attack on me, ignoring the central points of my post, and adding nothing of intelligence or value to the conversation.

Of course, in Jack's defense, he's not actually capable of intelligent thoughts so ad hominem is all he has to go with. Get ready for another moronic post from him coming in 3.. 2... 1...
  4. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +641 / 6 / -18

Oh, yeah, that's right. Tell us all how much the Brits hate Obama, again??

And please, do us a favor and quit weeping about ad hominems. You routinely attack other posters and then moan and groan when people give you a taste of your own medicine. I know you're a demure little flower, but at least try and control your emotions long enough to establish some semblance of logical consistency.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Boy did I call that or what?!? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  6. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +641 / 6 / -18

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your immigration thread. Clearly by the tone you struck in the OP you were looking for a frank and serious discussion of these pressing issues. I apologize if I caused you any emotional trauma. I know that as a lady you have very delicate sensibilities and I want you to know that, if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you.
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

We just can't offend these poor Mexicans by asking them for an ID, we don't have time to worry about cops getting shot, Jesus Christ.

I bought $14 worth of sh!t today in a supermarket, I paid with a check, I not only had to show an ID it had to have a picture on it, I told the cashier I was a White Mother F-cker and that asking me for an ID was violating my civil liberties, she started crying.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

interesting study that kind of debunks this..

The actual studies are included in the bibliography..

http://immigrationpolicy.org/sites/default/files/docs/Crime Fact Check 12-12-07.pdf

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

What do Legal Immigrants think about Illegal Aliens?

Aren't Illegal Aliens the ones responsible for Legal Immigrants being "sterotyped"

Why don't Legal Immigrants help in the fight against Illegal Aliens, why should Illegal Aliens be treated the same as a Legal Immigrant who worked hard and did everything by the book to become Legal.

When a Legal Immigrant gets mistakingly stopped and asked to produce an ID it isn't the Cops fault IT'S THE ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS FAULT.
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Personally I think the AZ law will do nothing but create more tension, a little profiling and a gazillion false discrimination or racist claims so it needs to be changed or done away with. Having said that, being against the AZ law is not a border policy and pretending that there isn't a problem that needs to be fixed isn't a policy either. This simply isn't all in out heads as some would like us to believe.....and while I'm on a rant I'd like to say that a lot of us Americans need to climb down off from our high horses and realize that we have done nothing to earn our citizenship other than to be born here. That by itself does not make us a better person than others that weren't so lucky. We don't deserve anything and should appreciate that we get it anyway.
  12. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree the law isn't there to protect the border, but more to force the federal government to open up it's eyes to the very real problem. Unfortunately it's a huge partisan issue which just causes fighting and arguements and no one will ever agree long enough to get anything done.

As for the last part about us earning our citizenship. My family emigrated from Germany in the 1890's to America. They earned their citizenship legally. From then on, everyone they birthed was a US Citizen. I think this is different than someone coming to this country illegally, giving birth, and that child having immediate citizenship.
  13. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

It is different, absolutely. The birth right is abused and I don't think it was meant to be the loophole it's turned out to be.
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +360 / 11 / -27

Was not aware that an invitation was necessary, there are some whose egos are so inflated they do not realize that they are a POSTER... not an owner, not a moderator.. get used to it bucko and suck it up.. I don't back down, especially with the hysteria & lies from the frindgie right..

So I guess you did not read the studies...
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010