PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think we trade RB/TE to Philly for AJ Feeley and pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because Hoyer completed some passes against a bunch of scrubs that will be out of the league this time tomorrow, you think Belichick is now comfortable with him being the top backup? I dunno what he's planning on doing at QB, but I can just about guarantee that his outlook didn't pull a 180 between the first quarter and the end of the game last night. Whatever he decides, he put quite a bit more thought into it than that.

Well, he cut Walter, didn't he? If he didn't have 100% faith in Hoyer's ability to be a #2 he would've held onto Walter longer, at least until actually making a trade for a vet like Feeley. So he must not be too worried. Hell, Hoyer looked 5000 times better last night than Cassel did in all his preseason games combined. :shrug:

And who's to say his outlook turned 180? For all we know, he's been impressed with Hoyer all along. He was certainly impressed enough to cut Gutierrez, O'Connell, AND Walter all ahead of Hoyer. One guy with two years in the system, another guy with a year in the system, and another guy who'd already started a bunch of NFL games with Oakland, all kicked to the curb ahead of an undrafted rookie.

And who's to say his outlook turned 180? For all we know, he's been impressed with Hoyer all along. He was certainly impressed enough to cut Gutierrez, O'Connell, AND Walter all ahead of Hoyer. One guy with two years in the system, another guy with a year in the system, and another guy who'd already started a bunch of NFL games with Oakland, all kicked to the curb ahead of an undrafted rookie.

That was my point. If he's sold on Hoyer, he was sold before last night's game. The post that I quoted said that the Pats' interest in Feeley probably waned after the first quarter, which I think is ridiculous, since you're either confident in Hoyer as a backup or you're not- seeing him complete a bunch of passes against some scrubs isn't going to make a guy like Belichick decide that he's ready to be the backup.

Too bad we couldn't improve over you and DW by trading you two... Like Yesterday, imho.

People have this irrational idea that Maroney dances because of the mediots out there. People don't bother to go and look at the plays where he is supposedly "dancing" to figure out what is going on.. They just see it and go.. "OH LOOK, Maroney's dancing again." Of course, when this happens, the intelligent fans look and see the following:
1) A defender in the backfield
2) No hole when Maroney gets to the line
3) a defender entering the hole when Maroney gets to the line.

Maroney's job is to get positive yardage. And he does very good job of that. He's not and never has been a "power runner" in the mold of Dillon who just drops his shoulder and runs through people. That has NEVER EVER been Maroney's game. Maroney is a cut back runner. Always has been. Yes, he can run with power, but he's best utilized as a one cut runner. But its hard to be a one cut runner when you get to the line and there are NO HOLES for you to cut to..

You can slice and dice and bloviate until it makes you happy. Myself - I want a running back who can move the chains ... sustained moving the chains ... as in Corey Dillon. Maroney cannot move the chains. He's good for an open hole or 2 but he's not a runner who moves the chains.

We are a passing offense - we need a running back who can move the chains and wear down the D-line. So what that he gives us a 15 yard run every 6 runs or so. There's too many times when he is in that we are 3rd and long.

Maroney avg inside the 20 - 2.8 yards.

Maroney avg 1-10 is 4.7 yards
..................11-20 is 4.4 yards
..................21-30 is 3.2 yards

I could go on and on ... his stats are padded by how effective he is when we have a good lead. when we need to run the ball he sucks and you can't win a championship unless you can ram the ball down the other teams throats in the 4th quater to kill time.

I hope we trade his candy-azz ... he's too pretty to win a Super Bowl.

:rofl: ... Belichick games plans for toe taps ... you can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
Why should we hear you out??? There have been about 20 some on threads on the same topic.

1) Philly doesn't need another RB. They need a TE.
2) Why should the Pats TRADE for Feeley when they can sign him as a free agent after he's cut
3) Feeley isn't going to be cut or traded, more than likely, before Vick is eligible to return.

You don't have to hear me out. You don't have to do anything. You could print this post and wipe your butt with it if that is your desire. But, you could have made your point without being such d ick. I don't understand why if reading about this is so disagreeable to you, you feel the need to reply to it.

Thanks,
SQ

This is a perfect example of why some people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near statistics. According to Yahoo!, Maroney has only SIX career carries that qualify for #21-30, yet you cite it as if you're proving the (non)existence of God.

However, if you want to play this sort of game....

He averages 4.0 yards per carry or better in each half, every quarter, and in the last 2 minutes of the half.

Some more, just for fun......

When you break down the runs from wide right, right, center, left, wide left, Maroney averages better than 4 ypc in 4 of the 5 possible running lanes. Only in the 'right' lane, does he average under 4 ypc, and there he averages 3.8 ypc.

Well, that was fun for me.

Last edited:
This is a perfect example of why some people shouldn't be allowed anywhere near statistics. According to Yahoo!, Maroney has only SIX career carries that qualify for #21-30, yet you cite it as if you're proving the (non)existence of God.

However, if you want to play this sort of game....

He averages 4.0 yards per carry or better in each half, every quarter, and in the last 2 minutes of the half.

Some more, just for fun......

When you break down the runs from wide right, right, center, left, wide left, Maroney averages better than 4 ypc in 4 of the 5 possible running lanes. Only in the 'right' lane, does he average under 4 ypc, and there he averages 3.8 ypc.

Well, that was fun for me.

Well yoiur fun will continue when you root for Maroney wearing another helmet ... because he's gone. I would take Pokey Smith over Maroney right now.

Let's remember this post tomorrow afternoon.

Maroney is much more like to START against Buffalo than to be cut tomorrow.

And yes, I would rather have Smith on the roster than Maroney. That isn't an option.

Well yoiur fun will continue when you root for Maroney wearing another helmet ... because he's gone. I would take Pokey Smith over Maroney right now.

Too bad we couldn't improve over you and DW by trading you two... Like Yesterday, imho.

People have this irrational idea that Maroney dances because of the mediots out there. People don't bother to go and look at the plays where he is supposedly "dancing" to figure out what is going on.. They just see it and go.. "OH LOOK, Maroney's dancing again." Of course, when this happens, the intelligent fans look and see the following:
1) A defender in the backfield
2) No hole when Maroney gets to the line
3) a defender entering the hole when Maroney gets to the line.

Maroney's job is to get positive yardage. And he does very good job of that. He's not and never has been a "power runner" in the mold of Dillon who just drops his shoulder and runs through people. That has NEVER EVER been Maroney's game. Maroney is a cut back runner. Always has been. Yes, he can run with power, but he's best utilized as a one cut runner. But its hard to be a one cut runner when you get to the line and there are NO HOLES for you to cut to..

Keep me out of this Simon,
I think we ought to get rid of the whole O Line because your son Maroney has no lanes to run in. Let us consider that the Pats had one of their best running years ever last year and Maroney was ahh.......hurt.
Simon, the next thing you will say with your infinite wisdom is the Pats O Line doesn't like to open holes for Maroney, just those other backs because they are much better looking or something, which just proves a point. Maroney might be a decent back but does not fit the Pats system. Put that in you pipe and smoke it!
Why don't we get rid of you instead. Then we will not have your venomous, sarcastic dribble to contend with in your never ending quest to be most hated poster ever on a sports site. I know you will read this in the AM because you are asleep now in your bunk bed with cool Patriots stuff like James Sanders autographed jammys, L. Maroney official sheets and a Lloyd "I am so smart" night light (might as well get him in if you dragged me into this).
DW toys

Last edited:

Ok.... given that I think the Gutz/Cassel issue has been resolved, let's make a change.

Last edited:
You don't have to hear me out. You don't have to do anything. You could print this post and wipe your butt with it if that is your desire. But, you could have made your point without being such d ick. I don't understand why if reading about this is so disagreeable to you, you feel the need to reply to it.

Thanks,
SQ

I don't understand why you couldn't have just put this ignorant thread of yours in any of the other 20 threads out there. Why did you feel the need to start a whole nother thread? Just so you could feel special?

You can think I'm being a d!ck, when I am just being real. You're entitled to your opinion. No matter how stupid it might be. However, you are also entitled to ANY and ALL responses you get. That is the beauty of the 1st Amendment. Don't like it? Don't post.

All speculation here, but hear me out.

We have great depth in the running back position as well as at tight end. Keeping an extra RB or TE would not make sense especially since we need a backup QB. So I think rather than sending a TE and a pick to Philly for AJ Feeley, we are going to send a TE and RB and get Feeley and a pick in return.

We'll find out soon enough. Thoughts?

SQ

Adam Schefter says no:

It's uncertain if the Patriots will add another quarterback behind Tom Brady, but ESPN's Adam Schefter is confident that they won't be adding Eagles quarterback A.J. Feeley.

Schefter tweeted the news in a response to SI's Peter King, and we followed up asking whether it was the Patriots or Eagles that didn't have interest.

His response: "Not sure which -- it's not clear -- just know that trade won't happen."

Schefter: A.J. Feeley to Patriots not going to happen | ProFootballTalk.com

You can slice and dice and bloviate until it makes you happy. Myself - I want a running back who can move the chains ... sustained moving the chains ... as in Corey Dillon. Maroney cannot move the chains. He's good for an open hole or 2 but he's not a runner who moves the chains.

He's not a runner that moves the chains? That's horsesh!t and shows that the only bloviating that is being done is being done by yourself and not me.

Its also a bold faced lie on your part.

We are a passing offense - we need a running back who can move the chains and wear down the D-line. So what that he gives us a 15 yard run every 6 runs or so. There's too many times when he is in that we are 3rd and long.

Maroney avg inside the 20 - 2.8 yards.

Maroney's avg inside the opposing 20 is NOT 2.8 yards. He's got 60 runs for 186 yards. That is a 3.1 average. BTW, opponents tend to be tougher inside their own Red Zone than in other parts of the field.

By contrast, here is Sammy Morris inside the opposing 20:

54 carries and 122 yards. That's a WHOPPING 2.26 YPC.

And you want people to believe that Sammy is some how a great RB while Maroney sucks???

BTW, those numbers are based on Maroney's 2006 to 2008 stats and Morris' 2007 and 2008 stats.

Also, Brandon Jacobs, who has had 95 rushes inside the opposition's 20 over the last 3 years, has totaled 312 yards.. A 3.28 YPC.

I could go on and on ... his stats are padded by how effective he is when we have a good lead. when we need to run the ball he sucks and you can't win a championship unless you can ram the ball down the other teams throats in the 4th quater to kill time.

I hope we trade his candy-azz ... he's too pretty to win a Super Bowl.

:rofl: ... Belichick games plans for toe taps ... you can't make this stuff up.

You could go on and on, put it would only prove how utterly clueless you are.. Instead of going on and on about how Maroney is supposedly a candy ass, you might want to go and educate yourself on how to read splits because its clear you don't.

BTW, Maroney is not a power running back in the mold of Corey Dillon. Maroney is a cut back runner who can run with power. I'm sure you don't understand the difference and its clear that trying to explain it to you would be a wasted effort.

Last edited:

That's why you're considered one of the Villiage idiots of that Pats message board and Belichick is coaching a SB contender.

Keep me out of this Simon,
I think we ought to get rid of the whole O Line because your son Maroney has no lanes to run in. Let us consider that the Pats had one of their best running years ever last year and Maroney was ahh.......hurt.

Lets consider that most of that running came in the 2nd half of the season against the garbage teams of the league and when Neal was healthy. Its pretty friggin stupid of you to ignore that the Pats O-line was hit or miss for the first half of the season. Not to mention that they were more focused on learning Cassel's tendencies....

Simon, the next thing you will say with your infinite wisdom is the Pats O Line doesn't like to open holes for Maroney, just those other backs because they are much better looking or something, which just proves a point. Maroney might be a decent back but does not fit the Pats system. Put that in you pipe and smoke it!

The other backs aren't better looking. If you actually watched the games instead of looking at the stats, you'd understand that. You'd also understand that the defenses that Morris and Jordan got to run against were some of the worst in NFL history.

Why don't we get rid of you instead. Then we will not have your venomous, sarcastic dribble to contend with in your never ending quest to be most hated poster ever on a sports site.

DW - Did you ever stop to think that its only the absolute ignorant that get the venom. The people, like yourself, who INSIST on ignoring the intelligent posts of every other poster (and I don't mean mine.. you ignore EVERYONE'S). And you spew the same idiotic pathetic hatred of players each time. The list is endless with whom has told you that you didn't have a clue regarding Sanders, Maroney and Watson. Yet, you still think you are right and you spew your idiocy. I gave up being civil to you a long time ago after you proved that you refused to listen to actual reason and fact. So now you get treated like the incompetent boob that you are.

I know you will read this in the AM because you are asleep now in your bunk bed with cool Patriots stuff like James Sanders autographed jammys, L. Maroney official sheets and a Lloyd "I am so smart" night light (might as well get him in if you dragged me into this).
DW toys

More childish antics on your part. When you can't beat the facts, you just spew your idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back