PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think we are missing some obvious points:

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWKY

On the Roster
Reaction score
Not for nothing but the Buffalo offense only scored 12 POINTS on our defense.

That is excellent defense especially when our offense could not stay on the field for more then one drive in the first half and that only took 4mins.

TB was right the offense was the the big problem in this game and not all of it was TB.

I think the game plan sucked...too much pass when the running game was working ....we seemed to still be in last year's mode where we had to depend on the pass to have any hope of running....we need to feature the run this year and it will sit up the pass.

IF we had just stuck with the run this game would not have been close.

Also no breaks our way in the first half....From the first play when TKO forced the fumble to Loseman's fumble and the centers miscue all the breaks went to the Bills.

Our boys did a hell of a job to overcome the Bills and the lucky lady sitting on their shoulders making every break go their way.

I think BB will oversee this obvious emphasis change and this will give some of our new WRs time to get open and give TB time to find them. An emphisis on the run will also help with the screen passes that could not develope properly today.

Am i happy about today .....HELL YES we won a tough game that based on our offense we had no business winning.

You accursed reactionary.

any game we win or lose..there is always a question of gameplan.the D played better in the later stages but by no means it was good especially whe the bills converted a 2and16 and 3rd and 8 more than few times and that too with broken plays to start.
offensively , they tried to throw the ball to keep bills honest...brady frankly didnt have time until the 2nd half.We cant win on the running game alone as good it was..the best off player is brady and he needs to throw the ball at least enough for the teams to defend the pass.i dont think it was a good or bad game plan...some play calling in between was bad but that happens with all games and teams.give buffalo credit, they sniffed out all the screen plays.

On that buffalo TD drive the Defense was very poor. There was some piss poor tackling out there. Especially on that drive. It got better in the second half.

Well, it's always easy to say "why didn't we run more, it was working" but there were 180+ yards on the ground so they DID run more. A LOT more than last year. And the defense will pick that up. I think the staying with the mixing of plays was done just enough to keep the D guessing some.

The biggest problems were the overpursuit by the front seven D in the first half - but was mitigated by the correction to that in the second half and pathetic O-line play, especially on the left side. Without reviewing, I'm not sure whether the improvement in the second half by the o-line was due to adjustments or the Bills "speed" D just being worn out.

SVN said:
We cant win on the running game alone as good it was..

I to do believe i suggested that we win with the running game alone if you look at our sequence of plays the emphasis was on the pass when the Bill's D never demostrated that they could stop the run......The only time we scored in the first half was a run dominated drive.

All i am saying is make the Opposing D prove they can stop the run or at least force to change their defense to a run defense before you start slinging it 2 out of three downs.

We have a good running game this year and it will get only better the more we use it. No it is not sexy but it is effective for every thing from scoring, time of possession and wearing down the opposing D.

I think pass protection was a major issue in the first half and got rectified in the 2nd. Once the pass protection gets better the passing game will obviously get better. Buffalo took a similar page from the Broncos of last year and blitzed a bunch. I'm sure that will be get better.

The run defense also had similar issues in the first half and got better in the second quarter and second half.

Buffalo definitely had alot of lucky bounces during the game which you have no control over, so that's a moot point.

IMO, the Patriotsd were getting beat at the LOS on both sides of teh ball in teh 1st half, then reversed that in the 2nd half. Had the D not held da Bills scoreless in teh 2nd half, the Bills probably would have won. It's hard to tell on TV but it looked like da Bills single covered the Patriots WR's, doubled Watson and blitzed a lot because they had little repsect for the Patriots WR's.
Until Gabriel and Jackson get up to speed and play well, that's likley to continue. But a win is a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back