PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think this is turning out perfectly

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFaninAZ

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
All I care about is winning the superbowl. Today, the Patriots get a shot to play a game in conditions they might face at the razor in the playoffs. It's an excellent trial run, and they'll be much more prepared than any opponent to play in similar conditions. I think Jacksonville in snow is a less-than-desirable scenario for the Pats in the playoffs, for example -- although you'd think a bigger problem for the Jaguars. Indy is probably built to be better in the cold this year. If we have to play those games, it will be great that we had this experience. In fact, the patriots have maintained an undefeated season while getting all sorts of valuable experience -- in the Eagles and Baltimore, and even Dallas and Pittsburgh.

The patriots need one win in three games. That makes this game essentially meaningless. I know it has meaning for many of you, but not to me. Undefeated is immaterial to me. Squishing the jets is irrelevant to me. Losing would suck, to be sure, but at the end of the day playing this game in weather is exactly what we need. If we win it and Brady and Moss get another couple of TD passes toward the records, even better. But I'd rather have this game in weather than ideal conditions. The spygate and Mangini stuff is and always has been just noise to get through the 6 days between games. The superbowl is the thing.

The patriots need one win in three games. That makes this game essentially meaningless.
LOL. You may be the only person in the universe that believes this!

OK, I'm on board. This game is meaningful to fans only. I would like to see Vrabel and other injured players sit. The game that I would like to win is Miami.

I largely agree, all we need is one win to accomplish all we can in the regular season towards the goal of winning the SB. However I do not want the Mangina to beat us. But, sure, for the ultimate goal there is nothing wrong with getting our winter feet under us.

So what's the weather doing back there, those close to Foxborough? As advertised?

LOL. You may be the only person in the universe that believes this!

I think I'm probably in the minority on this message board, since message boards tend to bring out the most fanatic of a fan base. But the regular season has a purpose, and this one is one win away from being served.

If they manage to go udefeated fine. I don't care. It's silly. Once they win another game, the other games are meaningless, and I'm concerned the attempt to pursue a stupid record will negatively affect the real goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes