PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Think the Patriots First Free Agent Signing Will Be A _________?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Hopefully we'll be able to talk free agency at some point, so for the sake of having a different conversation, fill in this blank:

"I Think The Patriots First Free Agent Signing Will Be A _________________"?

I'll go with a guard. Simply because if history is any indication, I'm guessing our first one won't be all that exciting :rolleyes:

NFL Player :D

... long time coming.

Hopefully we'll be able to talk free agency at some point, so for the sake of having a different conversation, fill in this blank:

I'll go with a guard. Simply because if history is any indication, I'm guessing our first one won't be all that exciting :rolleyes:

In this case, I certainly can agree with your thinking. However, I am going to go against the (conservative) grain ;) and predict that it will be in a position that we could use an immediate impact/depth player...and those 2 positions would obviously either be OLB, or WR. Again, I am not 'expecting' it, I am expecting something a lot, as you say--'less exciting.'

I will combine my thinking and yours, and go with a lesser known, lower profile player ( a la Matt Roth) at either OLB or WR. This would add what I perceive to be one of the final pieces in the puzzle--at a position that did not really get addressed in the draft.

Since you use 'A' to end your title, I will go with

Adalius Thomas :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
CB.....

I was gonna use that as a joke but........;)

A guard ... we need a veteran guard to add to what we have. I think we need to assume no Matt Light or Logan Mankins to be safe. if either signs that will be a + of course.

Justin Blalock - Atlanta Falcons would be a nice signing.

27 years old ... give him a nice 3 year contract.

Last edited:
..............tight end

My guess is our First FA signing would be a defensive lineman. And it WAS... Welcome Marcus Stroud!!:eek::eek:

Now our SECOND FA signing will be...:confused:

..............tight end
Aaarghhh ... you beat me to it!

Agree with above that first free agent signing will be minor; the player may not make it to the week one 53-man roster. And fans of both the Pats as well as opposing teams will over react with 'omg, this is Belichick's answer to upgrading (fill in the blank at the particular position; outside linebacker in this case.) It wouldn't surprise me at all if it is a player that 98% of us are completely unfamiliar with, signed to a 2-year contract for less than $2 million.

My guess is our First FA signing would be a defensive lineman. And it WAS... Welcome Marcus Stroud!!:eek::eek:

Now our SECOND FA signing will be...:confused:

Don't be a smart azz :beatingcoming:

Last edited:
A trade- The Vikings are in desperate need of a Safety first, and CB help. And, according to all of the Vikings' forums (Football Futures, et al), they are going to dump Ray Edwards.

We pick up Ray Edwards, give him the money he wants, and he plays Willie M's old position. He's 26 years old and he's proven himself, plus next year everybody knows, Meriweather's agent is going to come in with some unbelievable demand, saying "Look, he's been to ProBowls." We have more than enough Safeties to fill the void. The guys at PFW agree with that assessment.

A trade- The Vikings are in desperate need of a Safety first, and CB help. And, according to all of the Vikings' forums (Football Futures, et al), they are going to dump Ray Edwards.

We pick up Ray Edwards, give him the money he wants, and he plays Willie M's old position. He's 26 years old and he's proven himself, plus next year everybody knows, Meriweather's agent is going to come in with some unbelievable demand, saying "Look, he's been to ProBowls." We have more than enough Safeties to fill the void. The guys at PFW agree with that assessment.

OK, now we're talking!

The thing about Meriweather is that the front office was relatively quiet about his situation. A little too quiet.

Bill doesn't like distractions. Seeing Meriweather shipped off would not be a shock.

I will say Center-guard, maybe playing guard but being groomed to take over at center.

I agree on Meriweather and think the new guy Ras is his replacement. I agree on the contract and the look at my pro bowls, if ever their was a potential big shot gold digger it's Brandon.

Don't know much about Edwards, but it looks good.

football player. :D

Tight End.

Or Running Back.

Or anybody other than A Pass-Rusher, since we're so obviously well-stocked there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes