PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think the Brandon Tate experiment is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We all want to keep on hoping that 3rd round pick will come to fruition, and his kick return ability (which hasn't been as explosive lately) has kept us hanging on... but I think it's clear that this guy is not a starting-calibre WR in this league.

I actually don't even see how you can argue this. The guy has absolutely no skills that a WR needs. Takes forever to get to top speed, doesn't cut particularly well, clearly has mediocre hands at best, and can't even adjust to balls very well. Why do we want him?

I hope somehow we can trade for Larry Fitzgerald... now that he wants out.

We all want to keep on hoping that 3rd round pick will come to fruition, and his kick return ability (which hasn't been as explosive lately) has kept us hanging on... but I think it's clear that this guy is not a starting-calibre WR in this league.

I actually don't even see how you can argue this. The guy has absolutely no skills that a WR needs. Takes forever to get to top speed, doesn't cut particularly well, clearly has mediocre hands at best, and can't even adjust to balls very well. Why do we want him?

I hope somehow we can trade for Larry Fitzgerald... now that he wants out.

He made the catch on the identical play against the Steelers. Relax.

And the "bench GRONK" thread has competition. :rolleyes:

11 games into his rookie season, and you are dismissing him. Nice.

I agree

club hands makes me sad

Already? I have my doubts but it's too early

Wow... some people need to stop watching this team.

It is not time to toss him out with the turkey carcass just yet. But if he continues to drop perfectly delivered balls and otherwise being a non-producer, he will be joing the likes of Bethel Johnson in football obscurity.

I agree OP. All I can think of Bethel Johnson 2.0

give the guy a break

He's had some drops, but can we please stop the freakin overreaction here?!? Man o man.

Last edited:
We're not even close to the point where this question should be raised. Seriously, chill.

Not one to insult people, but the word ****** suits the first poster.

Gee, think perhaps we could give him a season before pronouncing a receiver "bust" :rolleyes:

I think the fact that he got separation is evidence that he is improving now he just has to get the easy part down.

I wish the Drew4008 thread starting experiment would be over. You start some terrible threads win or lose.

Last edited:
The OP should be ashamed for creating this crapfest of a thread.

This thread is way premature. Tate needs to show more but his career is far from over. The Maroney's Defenders Club protected him for over 5 years. And some still defend him to this day even with him stinking it up in Denver with a 2.1 ypc. Clearly it wasn't the system and clearly it wasn't some weird 'aversion' the OL had to blocking for him. Let's give Tate a couple of years of play time before we talk about cutting him. Maroney got twice as much slack on these forums.

Its like people sit at home and the sole thing they look for in a game is to pick out a player to start a thread moaning about. I don't understand it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes