PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think some folks here need to lighten up on the 'it is just the Jags'....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
"Well it is JUST the Jags" stuff on here and on other sites. This Jags team is capable of tearing it up (See Houston Game) and are playing at home. The saying "Any Given Sunday" is relevant....ANY week. These guys are most likely going to go out and try to prove that they are NOT that bad.....not a "walkover" on the schedule. There is ALWAYS the chance that on any given sunday a team that is not supposed to "contest" a victory....steps it up and makes it a game. BB and our players are NOT looking past this game, neither should we. GO PATS!!!!

i will still say it...it's just the jags...sorry...but it is

We aren't playing the 49er...or broncos here..not even a 1/4 of those teams

do we play the games? nope...were the fans

Last edited:
"Well it is JUST the Jags" stuff on here and on other sites. This Jags team is capable of tearing it up (See Houston Game) and are playing at home. The saying "Any Given Sunday" is relevant....ANY week. These guys are most likely going to go out and try to prove that they are NOT that bad.....not a "walkover" on the schedule. There is ALWAYS the chance that on any given sunday a team that is not supposed to "contest" a victory....steps it up and makes it a game. BB and our players are NOT looking past this game, neither should we. GO PATS!!!!

Judging from the title and then reading your post, it's pretty ironic. :D

The jags may be the worst team in all of sports

Which is saying something, since they're in the same league as the JEST. :eek:

They have a decent amount of options on offense that could give our D trouble w/o Dennard in there but Brady will carve them up as usual.

This is an excellent point. The Patriots are playing a very good team, with a lot of talente.... Oh, screw it.

It's just the Jags, man. ;)

The Jags are the only team that being a JAG means you are one of the better Jags.

It's true. This is the hardest week of the year for BB and the gang to practice for this game. I mean how do you motivate your troops for this game?

Turn over the ball 4 times in the first quarter?

You talking about the Houston game where the Jags allowed Matt Schaub to pass for 527 yards and 5 TDs? Yeah, if they can shutdown Schaub like that, they might be able to stymie Brady to just under 1,000 yards and 10 TDs. The Jags have the worst pass defense in the league going up against the best offense in the league.

The Jags suck. They are probably the worst team in football. That doesn't mean that the Pats might allow them to sneak up and steal one from them if they look past them. Even the worst team can beat the best team on any given day.

That sais, I expect the Pats to come in angry from last week and take it out on the Jags. If this game isn't virtually over by the end of the third quarter, possibly halftime, I would be surprised.

Last edited:
You dont have to worry about Brady and BB looking past opponents, Brady never had, he wants to beat the snot out of every team every week and you know BB wont let the other guys get complacent. I, on the other hand aint suiting up tomorrow so its okay if I already have this marked as a W.

You dont have to worry about Brady and BB looking past opponents, Brady never had, he wants to beat the snot out of every team every week and you know BB wont let the other guys get complacent. I, on the other hand aint suiting up tomorrow so its okay if I already have this marked as a W.
Thanx Man...Exactly what I was thinking'...like I said in another thread....let them go out there and rack up 30 points and then let the second stringers in...

It's true. This is the hardest week of the year for BB and the gang to practice for this game. I mean how do you motivate your troops for this game?

Turn over the ball 4 times in the first quarter?

How do you motivate them?

Let Bill convince them that the Texans will lose to the Vikings and the Browns will beat the Broncos....that'll motivate them.

You obviously are not a fan of MLS and have not watched the Krafty Bob entry into the American top flight professional soccer league.....

C'mon, I could come out of retirement and with the Patriots beat the Jags

I hope we see "Hammer Time" in the 2nd half

Yeah, I don't get why people get their panties in a bunch on whether fans are overconfident. Fans don't actually play the games.

Don't you mean we should unlighten up?

Lighten down?

If Goodell wants a team in London that badly then he should at least ensure the team gets named the Goats so that way we can actually see an official Jags vs Goats game once in a while. :D (Jets vs Patriots being what we have now)

Last edited:
Jags: terrible? Yes
Jags: NFL team? Yes

What does that mean?

The Pats have to prepare to play a terrible NFL team. They have already lost to a five win team at home.

Will they win? Yeah, I'm 95% sure of that (I am never 100% sure about the outcome of any NFL game and 95% is as high as I go), but the game still isn't a W until garbage time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back