Welcome to PatsFans.com

I think Brady is more hurt than we know..

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Sep 10, 2006.

1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Something is wrong with Brady, I look at his performance today, and he was very lathargic, that Int he thre was Drew like.... Something tells me he is just hurt ,and it could be all in his head.. He does not trust anyone out there, except maybee Troy Brown... Maybee the hit Spikes gave him was a little jarring than we know... I just so no emotion from Brady today, I have not seen that since, 2003 against Buffalo.. I hope the Deion situation gets resolved one way or the other,because more games like this,make people think Tom needs Deion, more than any other player he has played with.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2006
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Dude, get a grip. Yeah he made a bad pass. Doesn't trust anyone ? Of course not, he hasn't built up the trust. Relax. Talk to your shrink and it'll be fine.

3. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Did you notice the Bills pass rush in the first half?

4. SNL

SNL Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I feel Ben Watson will cure any ill effects from the game. The 'new' go to guy, he could be Ben Coates with more speed....

5. Sean Pa Patriot

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Of course I did, but that is because the Bills did not respect any Pats reciever out there... Maybee it will be different with Jackson and Gabrial aboard, but until then no team will respect the passing game...

6. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +915 / 6 / -9

I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with getting steamrolled on the first drive of the game...

7. Alk

Alk In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

LMAO!! This is exactly how I sounded a few years ago just before the Patriots won another super bowl.

8. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +183 / 8 / -7

Perhaps you didnt notice his passes being deflected about 8 times by lineman in the first half. I was ready to kick a hole in my frigging wall.

9. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

So what happened in the second half? The Pats changed their blocking schemes, Brady had time to throw and look at the result.

10. holyredeemer

holyredeemer Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +9 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

Hey, its okay. I notcied he was showing no emotion and mentioned it in the chat room and got no love. He definately looked like he didnt want to be there. No enthusiasm from him whatsoever. Do I think it will be a chronic problem?? No, of course not, just thought it would be worth discussion.

11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

And this ties into Brady heing hurt how ? WTF are you talking about ? Is Brady hurt or do we need better WR that teams will repect ?

:bricks:

12. Sean Pa Patriot

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its a combo of both. Maybee the resting in camp, the big brace on his knee, maybee its a inj that we are not knowing... It also could be in his head" ok lets see I Had David Givens, Deion, Tim Dwight to throw to, know I have who??? Ben Watson and Troy Brown... I m not saying it is the case, but its worth watching....

13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

There is nothing wrong with Brady's knee - as he told us the brace is just a precaution because so many QB's fell victim to plant leg injuries last season and with our inconsistent pass protection he remains a prime candidate to.

He has said he feels better this season than he has in a while. So good in fact they almost forgot to list him as shoulder(probable).

I think he was as disappointed in the way the game started as the fans were. Erratic uneven execution was a real problem last season even with Givens and Branch on the field, and that appeared to have been corrected in the pre season only to rear it's ugly head in the opening drive of game 1. Brady doesn't need an all world line, but he does need one that does at least a marginal job of pass protecting. The number and quality of WR's we field may be a problem all season, but with decent pass protection some will still get open and he will find them. It was encouraging to see they had shored up the run blocking game only to see them fall flat (Light literally) in pass blocking. Teams can be run and screened out of blitzing, but not if the Oline can't marginally maintain it's blocks.

Sometimes it's hard to fathom what some of you expect let alone what some of you think you watched.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  14. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

Maybe if he made some idiotic commercials, a la Peyton, there would be a different view of him. Come on now, it was the first game and he stunk the first half, he then did what he had to do and came back controlling the game clock and game. Sometimes I think greatness is viewed in statistics, imo it is how many big games have you won and how have you won them. I don't think Brady is hurt at all, the Bills outplayed them until our D and then the O took control.

15. captain stone

captain stone Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +382 / 69 / -51

No Jersey Selected

I generally agree. TB shows little emotion when he walks off the field, after an unsuccessful drive, because he's probably thinking about what went wrong and what he can do to fix it. At least he doesn't stomp off the field, with his hands in the air, and look for someone to blame. Remember, TB always follows a poor game (by his standards) with a very good one. Now, if he has a subpar performance vs. the jest, we can talk injury. But that still depends on improvement by Reche Caldwell and Matt Light. Light may not be on a short leash, but Dante may have to take his measurements, if next week is like this week.

16. Digger44

Digger44 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

paaaahahhhaaaaaaahahhhhaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaaaa

17. marty

marty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What, are you auditioning for Felger's job? Back up a little here fella, and take a deep breath.

18. p8ryts

p8ryts Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think this thread should be in the whining and crying thread

19. Keegs

Keegs In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

this thread is more idiotic than most of my posts. At least mine are intentional.

Don't post stuff like that, it makes people nervous and if he does get injured, people are going to want your head.

20. mdhprime

mdhprime On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So his improved performance in the 2nd half indicates that he is hurt? Did we watch the same game? He is fine.