PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think Bill blew it with these cornerback signings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Borges, has anyone seen how he is losing it on his Twitter account this week. He is even more douchey than usually is:

https://twitter.com/RonBorges

I will never click on his twitter link again. What a smug bitter hater that tool is. Can't believe he is still employed and allowed to write. If there was ever a movie made about the Patriots Borges would be portrayed as that d*** sports writer.

Speaking of Borges, has anyone seen how he is losing it on his Twitter account this week. He is even more douchey than usually is:

https://twitter.com/RonBorges

The photo is scarier. For some odd reason he reminds me of the detention teacher in The Breakfast Club or maybe the self-help guru in Donnie Darko.

Demarcus Ware and Julius Peppers at 3/30 each and especially Ware with this year at 13M are massively overpaid at this point in their careers I like Michael Johnson but at just under 9M/year he's not an elite edge rusher. I don't feel like any of these would have been money well spent.

I'd still consider Jared Allen on the right deal. Maybe incentive laden.

While Manning did get rid of the ball quickly at times he also held the ball for 4 or 5 counts quite often. He was never touched during the game and the Pats only had 4 pressures the entire game. Their line was dominated. I think part of the issue was the snap count for Jones and Ninkovich. They need at least a third DE to rotate in and I like at least another interior DT who can penetrate to go with Chris Jones.

After watching the Pats DB's get eaten alive the last few years, I don't care if BB sold the farm to get a good pass defense. I've had enough days of screaming at the TV for that reason.

He sounds like Deus Irae. Hmmmmmmm?

I think Deus is an egotistical bully and a condescending hypocrite of the worst kind but he knows 1000x the football than Borges does. Borges is just not as intelligent as the Patsfans "Wrath of God".

The photo is scarier. For some odd reason he reminds me of the detention teacher in The Breakfast Club or maybe the self-help guru in Donnie Darko.

I always thought he was a dead ringer for the dude who was actually trying to kill WHitney Houston's character in the Bodyguard.

I think bill made the right move...not sure how anyone would want to watch what unfolded the past 3 years again.

manning torching us for 400yards like it was a video game...freaking Joe Flacco torching us. and not to mention the hilariously bad 2011 pats secondary.

the pressure needs to be taken off brady at that offense to need to be perfect in the playoffs to succeed. and bill just did by beefing up our secondary

Don't know if OP is serious about blowing cornerback signings but Bill might be back on his obsessive hunt for all the Brandons in the NFL…

Brandon Browner
Brandon Lafell

How many other Brandons have we had…

Brandon Tate
Brandon Spikes
Brandon Meriweather

Any I am missing?

Don't know if OP is serious about blowing cornerback signings but Bill might be back on his obsessive hunt for all the Brandons in the NFL…

Brandon Browner
Brandon Lafell

Brandon Tate
Brandon Spikes
Brandon Meriweather

Any I am missing?
Is Bolden's first name Brandon?

I won't go so far as to say that Bill blew it with the CB signings.. I know he didn't, though I am weary of the Browner signing.

What I was disappointed over was the Pats not signing one of the DTs like Lamarr Houston, Arthur Jones, or Linval Joseph. Joseph, especially, since he could play either DT or NT in the Pats defense and the fact that he went relatively cheaply.

That being said, Alex Carrington is still out there. So is Kyle Williams. And Williams has been a Pats killer in the past. Having him next to Big Vince would be awesome. Pats Sims is another name who I wouldn't mind seeing..

After watching the Pats DB's get eaten alive the last few years, I don't care if BB sold the farm to get a good pass defense. I've had enough days of screaming at the TV for that reason.

No doubt, 3rd and long was brutal the last few years. Holding my breath every time it came up was getting old.

No doubt, 3rd and long was brutal the last few years. Holding my breath every time it came up was getting old.

watching a 5 yard slant or an out for the 1st every time has taken years off my life.

I think he panicked and reacted to the Broncos free agent signings all wrong. Paying top dollar for a defensive backfield without being able to create consistent pressure on QBs is like throwing good money after bad. I'm serious, find me one elite defensive backfield that doesn't have a great defensive line in front of it!

Powerful defensive lines are the foundation you build on. With them everyone behind them look better, without them everyone looks worse. Conversely the opposite is also true but not if not to the same extent. Lines are your first wave of attack and if they are good those 3-4 defensive line players can make 7-8 defensive backfield players jobs easier. Or you can bust a nut on two corners who will make 3-4 defensive line players job slightly easier on coverage sacks.

We had a chance to nab some great defensive ends in this years wild free agency to create a dominant pass rush that we've been lacking. But of course our lousy defensive backfield all these years has nothing to do with opposing QBs having all day to play toss with their receivers.... You'd think BB would learn how he won his superbowls when coaching in NY and why he lost them these last two times against NY.

I'm against it (Horse Feathers) - YouTube

I won't go so far as to say that Bill blew it with the CB signings.. I know he didn't, though I am weary of the Browner signing.

What I was disappointed over was the Pats not signing one of the DTs like Lamarr Houston, Arthur Jones, or Linval Joseph. Joseph, especially, since he could play either DT or NT in the Pats defense and the fact that he went relatively cheaply.

That being said, Alex Carrington is still out there. So is Kyle Williams. And Williams has been a Pats killer in the past. Having him next to Big Vince would be awesome. Pats Sims is another name who I wouldn't mind seeing..

Kyle Williams? From the Bills? Didn't he sign a 6 years deal 2 years ago? The only other Kyle Williams I know of is the WR from the Chiefs.

Kyle Williams? From the Bills? Didn't he sign a 6 years deal 2 years ago? The only other Kyle Williams I know of is the WR from the Chiefs.

Kyle Williams of the Bills is listed as a UFA by NFL.com.

Brandon Browner
Brandon Lafell

Brandon Tate
Brandon Spikes
Brandon Meriweather

Any I am missing?

Short white "scrappy" slot receivers and bearded African-Americans cornerbacks. :)

But by not signing Sanders he missed out on adding another receiver with foot problems (Edleman, Dobson and Boyce).

Is Bolden's first name Brandon?

Yup, and there was Brandon Deaderick too.

Maybe Bill just hates having to remember people's names. Even Brady has four letters in common with Brandon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes