PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think BB will trade down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb95

Rookie
Reaction score
I think the PATS will trade down into the 2nd round and pick up a 2008 pick. It's just seems that this is SOP for the PATS and I see this year is no different.

They will probably trade down to save the expense of two #1 draft picks.

I don't think they are quite thru in free agency so our salary cap situation

will tighten up over the next few weeks.

I can definitely see this happening if there's nobody that slips to them (a la Wilfork), and they think they can get a player of equal value 10-20 spots down. Of course I could also see them trading up back into the second round if someone keeps slipping that they like, so who knows. Part of the fun of draft day.

The WR and DE are deep.IF they are going to use the #28 on one they can probabily trade the #1 for a #2 from this and next year.

Belichick and Pioli love draft picks right in the range where they've got them this year. Players near the end of the first round come relatively cheap. Of course, they are a little cheaper in the second round, but if you trade down to the second round, it means that you can only sign that player to a four year contract (instead of five years for a first round pick).

So I think Belichick and Pioli stand pat, unless there simply isn't anyone they want when the picks come around.

No matter what anyone thinks, no one knows what is going on in their minds, just when we figure it out, they do something different.. the Adalus Thomas signing is great for this team, but completely out of character for our FO. I would love to see something written in depth and with quality as to how decisions are made by this team. Who does what? Who has weight? How are decisions made? and what are they looking for?

I would love to see something written in depth and with quality as to how decisions are made by this team. Who does what? Who has weight? How are decisions made? and what are they looking for?
You want them to give away their trade secrets? Is Coke going to give away their formula to their soft drink? ;)

No matter what anyone thinks, no one knows what is going on in their minds, just when we figure it out, they do something different.. the Adalus Thomas signing is great for this team, but completely out of character for our FO. I would love to see something written in depth and with quality as to how decisions are made by this team. Who does what? Who has weight? How are decisions made? and what are they looking for?

That's Wilfork

You want them to give away their trade secrets? Is Coke going to give away their formula to their soft drink? ;)

No just some insight as to how they make decisions, that should not be a trade secret, but something to study at Harvard Business School. Interested in what model they use.

Maybe we should swap picks with Oakland for Randy Moss... We send them our #28 (660 pts) and our #60 (300 pts) for their 2nd rounder (#33, 580pts). The net is 420 pts, which is the equivalent to a lower half 2nd rounder. We get Moss and don't have to pay for two #1s (in salary), and Al Davis gets to claim he got a #1 and gets fair value... Just a thought (fantasy?):p

I think it all depends on who they think may or may not be there at thier picks and if they think they can get someone they want with a lower pick. I's be surprised if they have that planned now because of the rnd 2 pick going or on the FA moves.

Maybe we should swap picks with Oakland for Randy Moss... We send them our #28 (660 pts) and our #60 (300 pts) for their 2nd rounder (#33, 580pts). The net is 420 pts, which is the equivalent to a lower half 2nd rounder. We get Moss and don't have to pay for two #1s (in salary), and Al Davis gets to claim he got a #1 and gets fair value... Just a thought (fantasy?):p

The Fins own the #60 for Welker.

The major problem with Moss is this salary. He will have agree to renotiate his contract before anything is done, IMHO. He is owed $20 mil over the next 2 years in salary alone which would come to the Pats with his contract.

If Stallworth signs, all Moss talk should stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes