PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I still like our chances!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradybunch

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Look the way we lost against the colts i def like our chances aginst them again no matter where me play them remember brady plays good in domes also!

Everybody needs to calm down and chill we will be fine hopefully starting with a jet ass whoopin!

I still think we will get the 2nd seed in the playoffs which is good!

Lets go pats and lets go Dillon as much as I love maroney we need dillon to keep his head on straight!

I am comforting myself with the knowledge that for the past few years we have been very strong in the last half of the season. I do have confidence in this team. Paul

bradybunch said:
Look the way we lost against the colts i def like our chances aginst them again no matter where me play them remember brady plays good in domes also!

Everybody needs to calm down and chill we will be fine hopefully starting with a jet ass whoopin!

Lets go pats and lets go Dillon as much as I love maroney we need dillon to keep his head on straight!
Agreed,,,I see no reason to flip out..NONE..

Hey we lost to the best team in football by only a TD. Bears got creamed by a 1-6 team. Maybe we should count our blessings.

Well, the sky is falling crowd isn't going to like this. Last Sunday night was the end of the season to them.

I do like our chances. I thinik we have abetter over all team than last years. And, if we play the Colts agin we willb eat them.

Now, we do play the Jest this sunday and they won't lie down adn let us run over them. The Colts game is over and we better be thinking about the Jest.

I know the sky is not falling and I know they'll still win the division but I'm very disappointed in the way they played last Sun. I'm glad they can beat up on the not so good teams but they've got to beat the good ones and so far this season they haven't been able to muster much of a challenge.

I thought I knew who this team was (I swear I'm not Dennis Green) but now I don't know. My confidence is a little shattered.

Ok everybody, go ahead and jump on me.

Hoodie's right. We're not there yet. Though I do see the Pats trending in the right direction. We stank up the joint last week, though... it only takes one game like that, come the playoffs, to be out of it.

Remaining sched:

Nov 12 N.Y. Jets 1:00pm
Nov 19 @Green Bay 1:00pm
Nov 26 Chicago 1:00pm
Dec 3 Detroit 1:00pm
Dec 10 @Miami 1:00pm
Dec 17 Houston 1:00pm
Dec 24 @Jacksonville
Dec 31 @Tennessee

AS OF TODAY, you've got to like us to beat the 6 out-of-serious-contention teams on this sched. An optimist can see us beating any team here, of course... a pessimist will say, scratch Chicago and Jax, plus two more we really shouldn't lose.

That probably still gives us the AFCE, although if we lose to the JEST, and they go on a tear.... that could put us at a tie for the division by 11/26. I still don't see this team not wining the AFCE. You'd have to go ultra-pessimistic to even think about that at this point.

So yeah -- we look like a division champ, but not a super bowl champ, unless we get a good deal better between now and the end of the regular season. I see the room to grow, especially in the passing game chemistry... but also see the Harrison hit as big, on the defensive side of the ball. The big plus should be the running game, all the more important now that the D has its first really big injury challenges since Rodney came back in the first place.

Always interesting,

PFnV

I feel a lot more optimistic following this loss contrast to how I felt after losing to Denver. The Pats had already struggled to beat the cellar dwellers of our division a season ago & Cinci was looking like a certain merciless beat down. Since then the Pats have shown their full potential & despite all the turnovers we were still within 1 score of the only remaining undefeated team in the NFL.

bradybunch said:

We lost an important game last week, which naturally is a big deal. Be that as it may, we will likely enter the playoffs as the #3 seed, possibly the number #2 seed. This means that we will likely either travel to Denver or possibly play Denver in Foxboro before we play the Colts, provided we beat Denver. That is the most likely scenario at this point.

If you think we are likely to get the #2 seed and a bi-week, than you are assuming that Denver will lose at least one more game than us. Looking at their schedule, I don't think that they will lose more than one or two games going forward. So we will have to take care of business with no let downs at all if we want to stay ahead. That means that the Bears game is another important game, although some of our famous old timers here don't care much if we win or lose games anymore as long as they can avoid associating themselves with their feared rivals, the imaginary 'sky is falling' clan.

I think that it is up to Denver at this point where we end up. We can play our best, but if they do the same than we are likely to be the #3 seed with no bi-week, playing in Denver. Being objective, that is not the preferred route and will certainly require us to play a lot better than we have against the two good teams we faced to date.

What we need to do is keep improving while we can, and pull out a win over the Bears, as well as the other decent teams we face. Oh, and avoid trap games!

In the Super Bowel years the Patriots played teams, sometimes on thier field and as underdogs, and won those games and got to the SB. Right now, today, I don't think they could do that. But it's 1/2 way thru the year. Last year the team got better as the year went on, but not good enough to reach the SB or the AFC champ game. It's possible to do. The Steelers last year got better as the year went on and won it. "Today" I'm not sure the Patriots are playing well enoughg and making "THE" plays needed to do that. Like in the SB years Faulk would have coaughg that ball and they'd have gone down and tied the game. Or last year Brady would have thrown a TD not thrown to C Bailey. They need better, more consistent reciever play and the DB's have to play better. And they need guys to step up and make "THE" plays.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
We lost an important game last week, which naturally is a big deal. Be that as it may, we will likely enter the playoffs as the #3 seed, possibly the number #2 seed. This means that we will likely either travel to Denver or possibly play Denver in Foxboro before we play the Colts, provided we beat Denver. That is the most likely scenario at this point.

If you think we are likely to get the #2 seed and a bi-week, than you are assuming that Denver will lose at least one more game than us. Looking at their schedule, I don't think that they will lose more than one or two games going forward. So we will have to take care of business with no let downs at all if we want to stay ahead. That means that the Bears game is another important game, although some of our famous old timers here don't care much if we win or lose games anymore as long as they can avoid associating themselves with their feared rivals, the imaginary 'sky is falling' clan.

I think that it is up to Denver at this point where we end up. We can play our best, but if they do the same than we are likely to be the #3 seed with no bi-week, playing in Denver. Being objective, that is not the preferred route and will certainly require us to play a lot better than we have against the two good teams we faced to date.

What we need to do is keep improving while we can, and pull out a win over the Bears, as well as the other decent teams we face. Oh, and avoid trap games!
Don't worry,Denver will lose atleast 2 more games before the season ends.Their schedule is just too hard.They may not even win their division.The AFC west is up in the air right now.The Chargers and Chiefs are both playing good football right now.I see the Chargers,Chiefs and Broncos all making the playoffs this season.

PatsSteve1 said:
In the Super Bowel years the Patriots played teams, sometimes on thier field and as underdogs, and won those games and got to the SB. Right now, today, I don't think they could do that. But it's 1/2 way thru the year. Last year the team got better as the year went on, but not good enough to reach the SB or the AFC champ game. It's possible to do. The Steelers last year got better as the year went on and won it. "Today" I'm not sure the Patriots are playing well enoughg and making "THE" plays needed to do that. Like in the SB years Faulk would have coaughg that ball and they'd have gone down and tied the game. Or last year Brady would have thrown a TD not thrown to C Bailey. They need better, more consistent reciever play and the DB's have to play better. And they need guys to step up and make "THE" plays.

In 03 with the Pats moving down the field looking to tie or take the lead vs Washington in the 4th game of the season Kevin Faulk had a huge fumble that ended a possible come back.

So in the "Super Bowl" years we have made very similar mistakes, but for some reason no one remembers them. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes