Welcome to PatsFans.com

I smell a rat in this McCain thing..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Feb 22, 2008.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

this whole McCain does not sit well with me, there are so many issues associated with it.. first of all the timing, the NYT held onto this since last fall, now that he has the candidacy wrapped up why didn't they wait until October??

Secondly, this seems to have galvanized the Republican Party by uniting them against the big bad liberal machine, the New York Times..

Thirdly, today there are articles about how McCain has problems with the feds over his own election law reforms, is this becoming secondary to the ethics stuff??

It seems pretty Rovian to me, that this comes out, and the focus is on dropping his drawers instead of the real issue, the appearance of inpropriety ( the standard for ethics violations) in his relationship with this lobbyist. His campaign manager is an uber lobbyist.. there are too many inconsistencies, and having seen how the Righties destroyed him in 2000 it looks very suspicious.

Even on Newsmax and Worldnet there is a whimper.. Rush is relatively quiet, he does not defend McCain.. instead rails against the big bad NYT and pimps himself. This is a win win for the Republican party.. their polls are up in their support of McCain..

What better way to rally the party, what better way to make him a "hero" by fighting the big bad NYT??? The longer this election cycle goes on, the more I am disenchanted with the whole process and more skeptical I become. They are all a bunch of self serving rotten bastards who do not represent any one of us, instead they represent the lobbyists.
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, here's another rodentacular prize from the "Gray Lady" herself, all prim and proper. And, from all places, Indianapolis(!!!):

[size=+4]New Claim of Taping Emerges Against Patriots[/size]

INDIANAPOLIS — The Patriots’ pattern of illicitly videotaping the signals of opposing N.F.L. coaches began in Coach Bill Belichick’s first preseason with the team in 2000, a former Patriots player said. The information was put to use in that year’s regular-season opener against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Belichick’s debut as New England’s coach.

The secret taping of signals, which is against league rules, continued at least through three championship seasons to the 2007 season opener against the Jets, when the Patriots were caught and subsequently sanctioned by the league.

As coaches and executives gathered here Thursday for the N.F.L. scouting combine, many saying they were satisfied with the league’s investigation and ready to move on, new details were emerging about the history of the Patriots’ videotaping.

According to several executives in the league, the season opener against the Jets was not the first time the Patriots had been spotted taping another team’s defensive coaches at Giants Stadium. In the final preseason game of 2006, the Patriots were caught taping a Giants defensive assistant giving signals, the executives said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/22/s...en=7b8ddff987863917&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS

The NYTimes is an equal-opportunity ball-buster.

//
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  3. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah this cracked me up... I heard Michael Holley on the radio today talking about how irresponsible it was to take an unnamed source and turn it into such a big article (the parallels to the McCain article are amazing).

So we got an incredibly biased media doing a ridiculously unfair hatchet job... I guess now Michael Holley finally knows what it's like to be a Conservative :D
  4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

That's funny. I've got EEI on in my office and happened to catch him saying that, and I stoped to listen cuz I was wondering if he was talking about the McCain thing or not. I love Holley. He's one of the lone voices of reason on that entire station. I play hockey with the morning show producer, and when Numi left, I was whining to him. He told me Holley was going to get the gig and I was skeptical. I was wrong cuz he's really, really good. Too bad they didn't dump that mambi Arnold and do a Numi & Holley show.
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I hate Dale Arnold. He's one of the most contrived, lying azzkissers in the media. Total brown-nosing...what did Eddie Andelman call him?....Polly Anna!
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

He's a total douche. I'm so glad the Bruins dumped him. He never criticized the B's, which I could understand since he did the play-by-play and didn't want to lose his job, but he always tried to say he did. BS. I'd rather someone come out and say "look, you want me to criticize my employer, and I can't really do that if I want to keep my job". Instead though, he always backed the moves they made and was FOS in the process. He's an idiot. He's a super homer. I hate those types. EEI blows to be honest. I used to like it alot, and Holley is one of the only reasons why I still listen. The Big Show might be the lowest IQ required show in all radio. Those losers are the biggest Patriots appologists of alltime. I was in a fantasy football league with a guy on that show, and they aren't all that bright, trust me. Ok, I'm done whining for the day. It's Friday fahcrisesakes! (2 cents is in the mail Wistah :D)
  7. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What was that stuff he was saying about how it's funny how things work out and if he hadn't lost the Bruins job, he wouldn't have been able to take the Red Sox job...? Are we going to have to listen to that idiot for the Red Sox telecasts..?
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Please, God....NOOoooo! :eek:
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I'm not the biggest Orsillo fan, even though he's a paesano. When Orsillo tries to hit a high note he's awful to listen to. I liked Sean McDonough though. Now, for the purpose of full disclosure I'm a Yankees fan which most people know, but I'm not a yahoo. I can't stand yahoo's (homers for those of you who don't know the term). Orsillo is fine outside of the dramatic call. McDonough was good though. I love Remy & Eckersley. Rem is a great color guy, and Eck just tells it like it is. I have no idea how Arnold will be on baseball, but he's a douche, so I'm not too optimistic.
  10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

So I guess the McCain things sits well with everyone else..
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

I'm not supportive of any candidate in the race. At least not now. I don't think that will change, but it's February, and the election is in November, so who knows. What I don't like about the Times article, is that it's inuendo, unsubstantiated, tabloid journalism. It's like watercooler talk that getting printed as matter of fact. No names, no witness', no proof of anything. How that's front page news, nevermind reported, is beyond me. It's like someone saying you cheated on your wife because they saw you with another woman. Once it's out there, true or not, the damage is done. Saying such things without proof is incredibly irresponsible. My 2 cents.

Here's another tidbit that I noticed. Who's picture is on the front page, smiling and shaking hands, while his competition is being tabloided under the rug? Coincidence?

[​IMG]
  12. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

13. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, it's almost as funny as former president Bill Clinton seducing a 20 year old volunteer intern into giving him a blow job in the Oval Office, and then Billy Bubba lying to a grand jury about it. What an example of America the Clintons show the rest of the world. Ha, ha.

//
  14. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

So what McCain allegedly did with regards to possible ethics violations is ok? I get the feeling that you cannot help yourself, you see anything against McCain, Bush, Cheney or any of the other righties instead of commenting on the thread you bring up Clinton or Berger..

The issue is his relationship with lobbyists and the amount of influence they pedal in DC.
  15. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Some people like to create fictions and fantasies about conservative, America-loving Republicans. I prefer to talk about events that actually happened, like Sandy Berger stealing U.S. government classified documents -- by stuffing them down his pants!!!! -- and a president who would rather take a blow job under the Oval Office desk than meet his official state guests, as Bill Clinton did with Monica Lewinsky while Yasser Arafat was waiting to see him.

Guess that's one difference between you and me.

//
  16. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

So I guess you cannot question McCain and are content with the circle jerk in your mind of Clinton, Berger and anything else on the left.. in reality there is some smoke here and today there are some corraberating stories that what McCain is saying is fiction..

Do you a source for Bill getting a BJ while Arafat was waiting?? BTW don't you hate Arafat??
  17. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Careful now. PressCoverage is going to all over you -- so to speak :rolleyes: -- for your references to "circle jerk". He's gonna say it means you (wink, wink) engage in such a thing!!

:eek:

//
  18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Surprise you did not answer the question, McCain was an adulterer and sowed his seeds amongst many in his first marriage.. he is supposed the straight shooter/talker.. his association with lobbyists is starting to stink.. I do not think it is ok for any congressman to take free jet rides home in a lobbyists plane.. it does not look right, it is not right.. here is some morning reading..

http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_8338046

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1075191&srvc=rss

http://www.mercurynews.com/politics/ci_8344084
  19. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You guys still can't get over it. Sad. But the fact is:

[size=+4] Bush Won!!! Twice!!! Two times!!! He defeated two looney Left wing liberal Democrats (nowadays a reduncency) because most of America actually THINKS about what's best for the future, rather than just voting for what they want for themselves (more freebies) !!!! [/size]

:woohoo:

//
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

So what McCain has done in his first marriage, and his relationships with Lobbyists is ok.. try real hard to deal with he issue at hand.. you do not need to do the big letter thing, some say that is a sign of a little..oh never mind.