I Seriously Do Not Think Moss Will Be Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more I do not see Randy Moss coming back. I do not think Asante Samuel leaving will help Moss come back either. What could we do differently next year to make Moss more effective near the end of the season?

Find a better slot receiver than Welker ... No.
Find a better RB than Maroney ... No.
Bring in better pass protecting RB's ... No and Why?

If someone can explain to me how Moss would be more effective near the end of the season then I don't see it. If Randy wants to go over the middle more on 10-15 yard routes than for sure bring him back .. otherwise I would much rather see the money spent to shore up our defense ... a defense that has broken down 2 years in a row at the worst possible time.

We don't need to break records to win the Super Bowl again .. we just need more consistency and more depth for the O-Line and youth for the LB's ... Moss is gone IMO ...Stallworth also ... a more potent 2-headed running attack with Faulk as the #3 IMO will prove to be a better investment.

Slam away ...
bagsmiley.gif

weird they haven't franchised him yet

With Welker and Stallworth and Moss' money being spent on defense would we have been 18-0 or even sniffing the Super Bowl last year? I doubt it. I really think with a chance to pair Tom Brady with Randy Moss for years to come, the Patriots have to take it.

He wasnt effective towards the end of the season?? Are you just referring to the playoff games against SD and Jacksonville, or the end of the regular season entirely. Because if its the latter, starting with the game against Baltimore, he averaged 80 YDs and had 7 TDs in the last 5 games to close out the season. Thats GREAT production, especially considering the weather was bad at that time of the year and the offense as a whole wasnt producing at the same level it was producing at in the beginning of the year. I mean Tom Brady didnt end the year as strong either, but again..like Moss, when your first half is Nintendo numbers, thats to be expected. A guy has arguably the best or 2nd best season from a WR EVER and people want to analyze 2-3 game spurts were he was subpar and hold that against him. Thats insane.

While I have wondered whether or not Bill might be concerned that ultimately this glorious experiment seemed to falter down the stretch, I don't think you let go of everyone else if you aren't retaining Moss. Brady isn't going to take that lying down...even if you draft to improve his Oline.

Valid points. I wonder too.

We were in the AFC Championship with a rag-tag group of WRs.
We had a stacked group of WRs and scored 14 pts in the Super Bowl.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in the BB/SP player personnel meetings.

I do think he'll be back. I just can't see us going from the WR group we had last year to Welker + new guys.

That said, your point is good. I still don't understand the 3 game disappearance from Moss after the regular season ender - coincidently (or not) also after he had the run in with that chick. I, too, have wondered how we'll take advantage of Maroney/Morris/Faulk with the WR group also.

. A guy has arguably the best or 2nd best season from a WR EVER and people want to analyze 2-3 game spurts were he was subpar and hold that against him. Thats insane.

Unless we are moving south or building a dome I don't see the winter going away. Not having the playoff advantage is not an option so basically we get a great player for most of the season and hopefully the super Bowl if we make it ... there are better ways to spend 6-8 million. We won 3 SB's without Moss ... last I checked anyways.

Unless we are moving south or building a dome I don't see the winter going away. Not having the playoff advantage is not an option so basically we get a great player for most of the season and hopefully the super Bowl if we make it ... there are better ways to spend 6-8 million. We won 3 SB's without Moss ... last I checked anyways.
The cold weather thing and big $$$ to a 31 year old WR has me just a little cautious. I do want to re-sign him - but I also remember how the re-signing of Dillon went bad too.

You guys are like Yankee fans who think Scott Brosius would be a better 3B for them than Arod simply because they won with Scott Brosius at 3B so going back to that must have been the working formula. Seriously, some of the points here are laughable. 18-0 was because of the offense and Randy Moss...and now a better investment would be a 3 headed running attack..LMAO. Its amazing, but after a record breaking season a huge chunk of Pats fans completely undervalue him.

I do think he'll be back. I just can't see us going from the WR group we had last year to Welker + new guys.

That said, your point is good. I still don't understand the 3 game disappearance from Moss after the regular season ender - coincidently (or not) also after he had the run in with that chick. I, too, have wondered how we'll take advantage of Maroney/Morris/Faulk with the WR group also.

I think Belichick will go back to old time football. He's going to get a good partner for maroney in the draft. He's going to shore up the LB's and secondary. Brady gets rid of the ball as fast as anyone in the game .. we don't need the long ball to win and Brady will not survive another season of being blitzed relentlessly every game ... he's not getting any younger.

Did you watch the Jacksonville game?? Are you seriously going to fault him for that or even wonder why he only had 1 catch?? Their ENTIRE gameplan was focused on Moss and because of HIM, Brady was able to go 26-28 on short passes that were open all day. You seriously dont think he brought anything to that game?? One could easily argue he was one of the MVPs of that game because he was the sole attention of the Jags offense, they were completely devoted to Moss.

I think Belichick will go back to old time football. He's going to get a good partner for maroney in the draft.
He already has that partner - Morris. It worked out last year that Morris and Maroney were healthy when the other was hurt without a lot of healthy overlap; get them healthy together and it will be tough to get them the carries they deserve - even without Moss.

The cold weather thing and big $$$ to a 31 year old WR has me just a little cautious. I do want to re-sign him - but I also remember how the re-signing of Dillon went bad too.

And according to Miguel's page, Disel is a $3,845,000 cap hit for 2008.

2004 was great...but it was 2004.

Last edited:
stop worrying...In Belichick I Trust

Why is it so difficult for people to simply refuse to let their imaginations take them down some of the least likely of lanes?

Regular season point totals:

40+ points 4 times
30-40 points 9 times
20-30 points 5 times
<20 points 1 time

Record: 18-1

Now, not coincidently, the offense's only time scoring fewer than 20 points was the team's only loss. Also not coincidently, there was a complete collapse of the offensive line in the team's only loss of the season, resulting in 5 sacks and far more pressures and hurries, along with no running lanes for Maroney. Knowing all this, why on earth would anyone think this coaching staff would be looking to return to "old time football"?

Last edited:
Moss will be a Patriot next season. It's all of the other FA leaving you have to worry about.

I don't have ANYTHING to worry about...I know nitwit trolls like you would love to insinuate "worry" into our mindsets, but, as usual,your pathology blinds you to the reality...not only do we not worry,having a Bill Belichick as head coach actually makes us carefree.
Sorry for your make believe life, troll.

Did you watch the Jacksonville game?? Are you seriously going to fault him for that or even wonder why he only had 1 catch?? Their ENTIRE gameplan was focused on Moss and because of HIM, Brady was able to go 26-28 on short passes that were open all day. You seriously dont think he brought anything to that game?? One could easily argue he was one of the MVPs of that game because he was the sole attention of the Jags offense, they were completely devoted to Moss.
Yeah, and Jax also couldn't stack the box. Maroney's game speaks for itself against Jax. Further, I really wouldn't say Moss disappeared in the SB either. He was open a few times, but Brady didn't have enough time to deliver an accurate pass and even on the rare occasions in which he did have time, he just flat out missed him.

Said this, I think opposing DCs know how to deal with Moss better and he should expect to get beat up and jammed from game 1 next year.

Forgot to add, I think he'll be back and want him back. One aspect of his game in which he improved through the course of the season was in the blocking dept. You obviously don't sign Moss for his blocking prowess, but I mention this because it shows he's got some heart and is willing to lay his body on the line.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye