PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I see all 3 AFC East division rivals LOSING this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello McColby are you out there?...Hello?

Yeah I know I got Buffalo wrong but you know I nailed Baltimore's score - Miami will be an up and down team all year

nice job on calling the ravens and raiders win. i was hoping the raiders would win, but i never believed they could.

honestly, the bills are for real. the only reason i'm not sure they'll win the division is because we ALWAYS seem to have their number. we'll have to see......but they beat san diego. granted, it was after a bye week and at home, but they had several backups playing a lot on defense, but still held them to 72 yards rushing (31 yards was from a vincent jackson end-around), and 208 yards passing. not bad for a depleted secondary.

now on to denver....here's where our secondary really need to step up. marshall is an absolutely beast, and royal can break out at any time. we need to control the ball and make sure denver's defense is on the field a lot.

Hello McColby are you out there?...Hello?

Yeah I know I got Buffalo wrong but you know I nailed Baltimore's score - Miami will be an up and down team all year

Right here... You were right on the Baltimore score, but it took a defensive touchdown to get it. So, since your having fun pointing things out - I will point out that I was correct in saying that a Joe Flacco led offense will not put up 27 points against the dolphins. ;) Although, Flacco did have a solid day and Mcgahee finally showed up to play. The Dolphins killed themselves in the red zone all day. A good all around game by Baltimore, something they haven't down in several weeks.

And I think I "nailed' the other two write ups as well.

Last edited:
nice job on calling the ravens and raiders win. i was hoping the raiders would win, but i never believed they could.

honestly, the bills are for real. the only reason i'm not sure they'll win the division is because we ALWAYS seem to have their number. we'll have to see......but they beat san diego. granted, it was after a bye week and at home, but they had several backups playing a lot on defense, but still held them to 72 yards rushing (31 yards was from a vincent jackson end-around), and 208 yards passing. not bad for a depleted secondary.

now on to denver....here's where our secondary really need to step up. marshall is an absolutely beast, and royal can break out at any time. we need to control the ball and make sure denver's defense is on the field a lot.

I remember some of Drew Bledsoe's best games came against Buffalo and Brady has done pretty well himself - Matt Cassel could be another story with that Bills defensive line that maybe the best since Bruce Smith and Darryl Talley occupied it.

I remember some of Drew Bledsoe's best games came against Buffalo and Brady has done pretty well himself - Matt Cassel could be another story with that Bills defensive line that maybe the best since Bruce Smith and Darryl Talley occupied it.

hopefully that luck continues this year. with a lead already this year, it would be really tight for us if we lose to them.

Right here... You were right on the Baltimore score, but it took a defensive touchdown to get it. So, since your having fun pointing things out - I will point out that I was correct in saying that a Joe Flacco led offense will not put up 27 points against the dolphins. ;) Although, Flacco did have a solid day and Mcgahee finally showed up to play. The Dolphins killed themselves in the red zone all day. A good all around game by Baltimore, something they haven't down in several weeks.

And I think I "nailed' the other two write ups as well.

O.K. If you want to get technical about it..I'll give you that ;)

hopefully that luck continues this year. with a lead already this year, it would be really tight for us if we lose to them.

If both teams maintain a similar pace up until the two teams meet then that game could be a MUST win for either team if they want to win that division - Although lots of things can happen after that game, you really have to think that the loser of the first Buffalo New England clash will have to scrap for a wild card while the winner will be in solid control of the east

New England cannot afford to be more than 1 game back by the time they both meet

I cannot rule out the Jets right now as a threat in the division either,even after they got beat the the Raiduhs but they are a longshot and Miami is not ready for a division run until next season so its a 2 team race between Buf and NE as most of us expected before the season began.

If both teams maintain a similar pace up until the two teams meet then that game could be a MUST win for either team if they want to win that division - Although lots of things can happen after that game, you really have to think that the loser of the first Buffalo New England clash will have to scrap for a wild card while the winner will be in solid control of the east

New England cannot afford to be more than 1 game back by the time they both meet

I cannot rule out the Jets right now as a threat in the division either,even after they got beat the the Raiduhs but they are a longshot and Miami is not ready for a division run until next season so its a 2 team race between Buf and NE as most of us expected before the season began.

agreed. as of right now, we have to include the jets as a contender because there haven't been that many games played, and they have a terribly easy schedule. i'd expect the jets to eventually start dropping off though.

honestly, i could even see the division coming down to the final game of the regular season in buffalo. if buffalo stumbles a few times, especially once their divisional games start, then the patriots should have a chance to catch up. we just have to hope they stumble, since their schedule isn't too much harder than the jets'.

O.K. If you want to get technical about it..I'll give you that ;)

Cool. I never include possible Defensive or Special teams touchdowns when predicting scores. I guess it is the gambler in me, because they are obviously few and far between and cannot be relied upon.

:eat3:

Of all the AFC East teams playing this weekend (and Monday) - the Jest have the best chance of winning and the Pats have the best chance of losing. That's just common sense - and we all know that common sense means nadda on any given Sunday. :)

Actually, it isn't all that much common sense. The Raiders may be a bad team, but they have a good defense and the Jets aren't worlds better than the Raiders. I knew this was a strong upset potential. If the Bengals can confuse Favre, it was logical that a superior defense in the Raiders would do even more.

Sorry, but just because the Jets went the Redskins route and tried to buy a team doesn't mean they are are much better than the 4-12 team they were last year. I seem them about 3-4 games better. They can't run the ball all that well, Favre is closer to the 2005 Favre than the 2007 Favre, and their defense isn't all that good despite their additions. Yes, they are getting more sacks, but they are still giving up a lot of points.

I still think the Jets were actually the most logical selection for a loss. I pretty much stated that prior to yesterday's games. The Pats may loose themselves, but Denver is a seriously flawed team with a horrible defense. When you have a major flaw on defense, you are always in jeporady of losing a game no matter the competition.

The division is obviously of highest priority.

However, I would note that as of today, only five AFC teams have winning records, the four division leaders and the patriots. It is certainly possible for both the bills and the patriots to make the playoffs. Given the weak schedules in the East, many predicted this to happen before the season started.

agreed. as of right now, we have to include the jets as a contender because there haven't been that many games played, and they have a terribly easy schedule. i'd expect the jets to eventually start dropping off though.

honestly, i could even see the division coming down to the final game of the regular season in buffalo. if buffalo stumbles a few times, especially once their divisional games start, then the patriots should have a chance to catch up. we just have to hope they stumble, since their schedule isn't too much harder than the jets'.

I watched that Raiders/Jets game yesterday and the Jets OL despite being filled with all-pro type guys like Faneca,Woody (got injured yesterday) and co. is incredibly soft at times.

If Favre gets hit hard in the not too soon future we may very well see Kellen Clemens finishing off the season for the Jets and thereby finishing the Jets chances.

New England just has to beat the weak teams its supposed to beat like the Rams,Raiders (won't be easy for what I saw yesterday from their D) and beat a good team or two on the road then they will be in the hunt - Any loss against a bad team or two or more losses against good teams would mean an uphill climb to the East title.

If they stay the course and not come across too many potholes along the way then the Pats have a shot at the East

The division is obviously of highest priority.

However, I would note that as of today, only five AFC teams have winning records, the four division leaders and the patriots. It is certainly possible for both the bills and the patriots to make the playoffs. Given the weak schedules in the East, many predicted this to happen before the season started.

San Diego and Denver are both likely to make the playoffs - San Diego is just too talented to miss the whole thing - If they do miss it, Norv Turner needs to get canned soon after.

The Indy and New England game becomes somewhat different this season - In the past this matchup used to be for the edge to the #1 seed and the Home Field Advantage - this year it may very well be for the edge for one of two Wild Card spots - What a difference a year makes,eh?

Last edited:
The Bills have a seemingly easy schedule coming up, but they still have all six division games remaining. Starting Sunday they play 3 straight division games, with two on the road (@ MIA and @ NE). Then they have Cleveland on Monday night, and Cleveland is obviously a mystery. Which Cleveland team will show up? Not to mention Quinn maybe playing by then (for better or worse).

Later in the season they have back-to-back road games against the Broncos and Jets, both of which could have huge playoff implications for all 3 teams. Then they finish up with us. So, yes their schedule based on wins and losses seems easy, but when you look at when and where they play many of their final games, their schedule suddenly looks a lot tougher.

I do know that the Pats can't go into an 05 type of funk where they win one - lose one, because Buffalo could quickly put the division nearly out of reach.

Last edited:
I watched that Raiders/Jets game yesterday and the Jets OL despite being filled with all-pro type guys like Faneca,Woody (got injured yesterday) and co. is incredibly soft at times.

If Favre gets hit hard in the not too soon future we may very well see Kellen Clemens finishing off the season for the Jets and thereby finishing the Jets chances.

New England just has to beat the weak teams its supposed to beat like the Rams,Raiders (won't be easy for what I saw yesterday from their D) and beat a good team or two on the road then they will be in the hunt - Any loss against a bad team or two or more losses against good teams would mean an uphill climb to the East title.

If they stay the course and not come across too many potholes along the way then the Pats have a shot at the East

I have watched all but one of the Jets games and I agree the o-line for the Jets has been mediocre to average. Faneca may be the biggest disapointment of last year's free agency. He is decent, but nowhere near a top guard in the league. Woody is inconsistent. Ferguson is better than he was the last two years, but still a below average LT. Still all you hear is how good their o-line is.

I don't think Favre will go out, but Favre has shown that when he is consistently under pressure he makes a lot of stupid mistakes. If the o-line doesn't improve, Jets fans may be wishing for Clemens.

Who would think that a rookie QB of Buffalo kicked SD ars?

Cassel could not do that. It's a huge surprise!

I have watched all but one of the Jets games and I agree the o-line for the Jets has been mediocre to average. Faneca may be the biggest disapointment of last year's free agency. He is decent, but nowhere near a top guard in the league. Woody is inconsistent. Ferguson is better than he was the last two years, but still a below average LT. Still all you hear is how good their o-line is.

I don't think Favre will go out, but Favre has shown that when he is consistently under pressure he makes a lot of stupid mistakes. If the o-line doesn't improve, Jets fans may be wishing for Clemens.

Theres word out that Favre secretly has an injured shoulder on his throwing arm for the hit he took 2 weeks ago and watching some of his throws yesterday you could see some strain on his face as if he was in a little pain - Another hit like that one 2 weeks ago and stuff like rotator cuff problems can easily occur,especially when he is at an age where injuries are frequent with guys in their late 30s - Their OL just like here in NE needs to pick it up.

Edwards is not a rookie and played in many games last season after Losman got hurt

Losman's injury is sort of like Bledsoe's one here except no one is expecting Edwards to become Brady-like

Theres word out that Favre secretly has an injured shoulder on his throwing arm for the hit he took 2 weeks ago and watching some of his throws yesterday you could see some strain on his face as if he was in a little pain - Another hit like that one 2 weeks ago and stuff like rotator cuff problems can easily occur,especially when he is at an age where injuries are frequent with guys in their late 30s - Their OL just like here in NE needs to pick it up.

That injury rumor may be a bit of an excuse. I have watched him play. Many of his decisions are horrible even if his arm is at 100%.

Hey anything can happen. I never thought Brady would miss a game nevermind an entire season. One hit can change everything. Favre is just too tough to go out for anything less than a serious injury that will cost him a month or a season.

So many errors...so little time

First, Edwards is not a rookie. He is also not the backup. He's the starter.

Secondly, if you watched the game you saw Rivers fumble not once but twice and also throw a pick killing a winning TD drive. Credit the Bills TEAM defense for the victory over SD as well as Edwards' excellent play. Edwards is emerging as one of the better young STARTING QBs in the NFL.

Say speaking about backup QBs, how did Buffalo's backup QB do last game with starter Edwards KOed?

Last edited:
San Diego and Denver are both likely to make the playoffs - San Diego is just too talented to miss the whole thing - If they do miss it, Norv Turner needs to get canned soon after.

The Indy and New England game becomes somewhat different this season - In the past this matchup used to be for the edge to the #1 seed and the Home Field Advantage - this year it may very well be for the edge for one of two Wild Card spots - What a difference a year makes,eh?

San Diego will have to get their **** together real quick if they want to make the playoffs. They will definitly have to pull a repeat of last year and rip off 6-7 wins in a row. 9-7 might get you in this season, but you never know. Jax, Ind, NE, NYJ, Den, Pit and Buf all have the potential to finish 10-6 or better, especially Pit and Buf with a 5-1 record at this point.

SD still has games against NO in London, @ Pit, Indy, @ TB and DEN. The other three games are Atl, KC and Oak. A prolonged win streak won't be easy for them to do. They definitley have the talent, but not the mindset, IMO. That team has a sense of entitlement, as if they should be handed a win for merely showing up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey