Welcome to PatsFans.com

I see all 3 AFC East division rivals LOSING this week

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PATRIOTSFANINPA, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't know if or how the Patriots will beat the Broncos on Monday Night but I am predicting that all 3 AFC East rivals will LOSE sunday so it will be a big victory on sunday night IF I am right and IF the Patriots can beat Denver.

San Diego at Buffalo - I am not sure if Edwards,even after a week off will be ready to play against San Diegos excellent defensive front and maybe that concussion will still affect his play - I think Tomlinson has a big game
    San Diego 20 Buffalo 17

Baltimore at Miami - Its getting close to do or die for the struggling Ravens and I think Miami has simply been playing over thier heads with excellent ball - This may be a fierce Ravens defense and Pennington will be sacked 4 or 5 times in this game and the defense will score twice - Flacco plays well enough
    Baltimore 27 Miami 10

New York Jets at Oakland - UPSET SPECIAL: The Raiders have been ridiculed and joked aroung the league,I think this is the week the team steps up for Cable and plays thier hearts out for him and the old man in the owners box, Favre will get pressured,intercepted and sacked several times - The ridicule stops this week and Mangini becomes a questionable head coach again
    Oakland 30 NY Jets 20

2. The Dynasty

The Dynasty In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree with SD over Buffalo, and could see Oakland beating the Jets, but I think that Miami is for real this season. Im not saying "for real" as in making the playoffs, just a team that has a chance to win each week, and isnt almost a guarantee win like last year.

With that said I think the Pats will pull out a big win Monday night, after being on the west coast for 2 weeks, they will come home and put on a show for the national audience monday night.

3. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,387 / 13 / -5

I actually think Miami has the best chance to win of the three. I think Baltimore are frauds who were labelled as a strong playoff competitors after beating Cincy and Cleveland when people thought Cincy was going to be middle of the road and Cleveland was supposed to be a very strong playoff contender. Miami is still a year away from being a real playoff contender, but they are much better than many people thought.

I agree that the Jets are ripe for an upset. The Jets' offense struggled far more than expected against a bad Cincy defense with Favre making some costly mistakes (2 INTs and a fumble recovered for a TD). The Raiders have a mediocre offense, but a pretty good defense. I can see them taking advantage of Favre's gunslinger style.

Buffalo has won quite a few games coming from behind against some pretty mediocre to average teams. I don't think the Chargers are a team you can go down by 2-3 TDs and come back from.

4. NSpatsfan

NSpatsfan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Y'know I posted in the predict the score thread the pats would win 30-10, I just get this feeling that this week it all comes together. They have enough tape to look at the things they were screwing up as well as the things they were doing well. I just think they it all comes together this week, Monday night, back at home, media is counting them out. I really think we are going to see a balanced team firing on all cylinders.

5. oldskool138

oldskool138 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

I see dead people.

Sorry! I couldn't resist.

6. JAYHAWKS34

JAYHAWKS34 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The other two for sure but i'm not sold on the Jets lossing to Oakland

7. j00fek

j00fek Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

can you see my 401K rising next week as well?

i hope you can give me financial advise

8. PATRIOTSFANINPA

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I have some advice for you....

Learn to spell A-D-V-I-C-E and maybe start your sentence with a capital I ;)

9. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

And end sentences with a period. :banned:

10. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +343 / 25 / -2

Of the 16 possibilities, all four losing seems the most likely result of the weekend. I think the better have the most likely as New England and New Jersey winning.

11. j00fek

j00fek Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

thnx grammar nazis

:banned: ;)

12. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Just so you know. I was pointing out that PATRIOTSFANINPA's sentence lacked a period not yours.

I thought your post was funny.

13. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -1

hey
    didnt bother me
    i
    thought u
    were
    the 2nd
    cumming
    of
    e
    e
    cummings

14. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Really, I see all four losing.

15. Garbanza

Garbanza In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Of all the AFC East teams playing this weekend (and Monday) - the Jest have the best chance of winning and the Pats have the best chance of losing. That's just common sense - and we all know that common sense means nadda on any given Sunday. :)

16. 102 Pat

102 Pat In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +67 / 3 / -2

#85 Jersey

I wonder if Baltimore still remembers being the only team to lose to Miami last year?

17. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Not saying that your theory couldn't happen but...lets look at the realities.

Buffalo is good, end of story. Edwards is solid and a perfect game managing QB with an outstanding defense. With that said, SD is arguably the most talented team in the league, but they are traveling cross country after a huge win and playing a team coming off a terrible loss and a bye. It won't be easy for a team that tends to look down on their infeirior opponents.

Miami lossed a tough game to a decent Texans team. Miami had two huge wins against us and SD. The heartbreaker against the Texans doesn't belittle this very solid Dolphins team. They have a very good QB, two great running backs, a solid defense and a great coaching staff. To think that a rookie QB will walk in and score 27 points on them is ridiculous. The Ravens defense is good, but the dolphins offense will keep them guessing. Again this is pick em but Miami has the edge due to the offensive experience.

This last game is tough. I think Oakland can pull it off, but that loser mentality is a tough thing to overcome. Favre has the Jets thinking they can do anything. The Jets have to travel cross country, but they are coming off a bye. Up to this point the Raiders seem like a 3 quarters team, and the Favre led Jets will tear that up. If the Raiders muster up some pride and play like they did against the Bills and Chargers for the first 45 minutes - for a complete 60 minutes against the Jets, then they will have a chance.

18. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

I was never able to read print that small. [​IMG]

19. drew4008

drew4008 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Buffalo will probably lose, but I see the Jets and Miami winning. The Jets should win big... the Raiders are in total disarray right now.

20. PATRIOTSFANINPA

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Hello McColby are you out there?...Hello?

Yeah I know I got Buffalo wrong but you know I nailed Baltimore's score - Miami will be an up and down team all year

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.