PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I see 11-5 this year in a realistic look at this team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this will be referenced, barring a bunch on injuries I expect a 17-2 season.

Bingo..17-2...14-2 regular season, 1 tough loss and one WTF loss..then SB 4 trophy comes home...we still need help at ILB....

I love people who go through an NFL schedule and predict a record based on gems like "I think we lose in a squeaker,will be a great game however".

Since you obviously have a crystal ball can you please tell me the final score between the Pats and Jets at Gillette in 2019?

You have about as good a chance of predicting that as you do how a game will go 4 months from now.

Reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAs6TDLuKgQ

I'd rather have some stock picks.

19-0 baby!* This team is on a rocket ship to Canton.

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

* Same prediction as last year. LOL.

I will not defend anything I posted here and we could take this post and thread it 1,000 times more with arguments and how stupid I am for posting this but....Nothing will matter what ANYONE says or predicts till the team actually plays out the entire regular season...Then you can either flame my post even more with me being wrong about 11 wins OR back out like a weasel and say nothing.

Time will tell...lets file this until late December,then we will talk about who is more accurate then.

Until then its simply a wasted argument with nothing to base the argument on until it actually happens.

I would be surprised if they don't go 19-0.

Not disappointed, but surprised.

Until then its simply a wasted argument with nothing to base the argument on until it actually happens.

Classic. I just had to re-read your original post starting this thread.

Nice use of irony! :)

Time will tell...lets file this until late December,then we will talk about who is more accurate then.

Going on record now then. :D

barring the unforseen: 14-2 (perhaps 13-3 - see below)

1 tough loss (probably SD), 1-2 WFT :confused: losses (division teams - spliting 1-1 with 1 or 2 of them).

Playoffs: Way to early for that right now, but I like our chances ;)

San Diego is going down. I remember everyone thinking we would loose to the benGals last year.

Last edited:
This team is good for 13-14 wins before the tournament begins. In the tournament they will be 3-0.

???? We are WORSE than last year???? The east is stronger?????

Shame on us if we lose ANY division games, but we will likely lose one. We should be favored by at least a touchdown in every division game.

We are fighting with SD and Indy for home field advantage, and yes, Baltimore could compete. However, on paper, we are much stronger than last year's team that played both SD and Indy very close, and I believe that we have improved much more than they have.

We will do this many times between now and Labor Day, but it would be instructive to compare the current projected roster (we can use rrok's or Reiss's) with last year's playoff rosters. We are stronger at almost every postion.

And BTW, we aren't done yet. We still will add a free agent or two that will get significant reps during the season.

I projected 11-5 going into last year. This is a much better team, and one that has improved much more than our competitors. This team is a 13-3 team, and we still might not win the AFC.

???? We are WORSE than last year???? The east is stronger?????

Shame on us if we lose ANY division games, but we will likely lose one. We should be favored by at least a touchdown in every division game.

We are fighting with SD and Indy for home field advantage, and yes, Baltimore could compete. However, on paper, we are much stronger than last year's team that played both SD and Indy very close, and I believe that we have improved much more than they have.

We will do this many times between now and Labor Day, but it would be instructive to compare the current projected roster (we can use rrok's or Reiss's) with last year's playoff rosters. We are stronger at almost every postion.

And BTW, we aren't done yet. We still will add a free agent or two that will get significant reps during the season.

I projected 11-5 going into last year. This is a much better team, and one that has improved much more than our competitors. This team is a 13-3 team, and we still might not win the AFC.

Sorry MGTeich, but original poster has stated that all arguments are "wasted" versus his. And he is fearful that people are going to "weasal out" when the Patriots go his predicted 11-5. Wow talk about Dion Warwick with an attitude! LOL. :D It's really hard to win an argument when you know anything you say is going to be "wasted" by his omniscient knowledge of the future!!! ROFLMAO.

Last edited:
12-4 is my guess, but I'd rather go 3-0 in the playoffs. :)

WTF are you smoking? If they lose 5 games this year it will be a disaster. I don't think they will lose a game to any of the AFC East teams.

Sorry MGTeich, but original poster has stated that all arguments are "wasted" versus his. And he is fearful that people are going to "weasal out" when the Patriots go his predicted 11-5. Wow talk about Dion Warwick with an attitude! LOL. :D It's really hard to win an argument when you know anything you say is going to be "wasted" by his omniscient knowledge of the future!!! ROFLMAO.

Maybe you don't like the forecast of an 11-5 season and think its stupid to just predict into the crystal ball this early,but what are the hypocrites on here that when saying that its dumb to think we only win 11 games then go on to say we probably will win 13-14-15-16 games? - Do you have proof other than whats 'on paper' right now to say 11-5 is hogwash?

Is it me or is that the same type of forecasting what this team will do when someone says 13 or 14 wins ect:?

If I say 11 wins I get bashed,If someone says 12-13-14 its O.K.? - Its still predicting into the future,the same as I have done here.

Its simply a matter of fact that no one,including me wants to see this team no less than a #1 seed,But I don't see it that way - I see a 3rd seeded playoff team-and regardless of what flaming has gone on here,nothing will change my opinion until we win our 12th game,THEN you can come back to this post and do the bashing.

Otherwise no one has any grounds to stand on to say I am wrong when week 1 has not even started yet?

How can you possibly argue this?,Last time I checked,god was not in this forum so I don't think anyone here knows exactly what will occur,including me,but those were my opinions and thats the way it is.

Also I think its funny that people in here bash my perception of how we usually lose in Miami because you can't dwell on the past teams,but yet come up with stats from years ago about things to solidify their topic in other posts,How many people in here have said we usually lose to Denver and they have our number and we want to avoid them? - Why is it different than saying we usually lose in Miami no matter what the team looks like ?- Some very funny things I have to snicker at sometimes in here- Almost makes it interesting.

Bottom line is I would love this team to go 19-0 undefeated and have Czonka,Shula and all those clowns break the champagne bottles over their heads,but its not going to happen this year,next year and probably not for a very long time or maybe never again in the way the NFL is now with cap and increasing disgruntled players every year who want to leave for greener pastures,its VERY hard to do and in my lifetime I doubt I will ever see it.

I would not be surprised to see the top seed in this conference go just 13-3 so 11-5 can still get a 3rd seed,I think the AFC is getting closer grouped in terms of talent than ever before.

Last edited:
Since you think the AFC has gotten so much better . . . maybe a breakdown by a few of the better teams we'll play, mainly SD, Baltimore, and Indy.

SD: Lost its entire coaching staff, this will make a huge difference in that team for the first month or so if not the entire season, tons of talent on each side of the ball though.

Baltimore: McNair jumped the shark a few years ago, mcgahee has never done all that well against us, that defense lost arguably its best LB . . . their o-line is aging, WR core is suspect .. .

Indy: Lost a TON of players on defense, didn't draft well to replace those lost players, etc.

Not to say that the loss of graham and dillon won't affect the team, I think it will, but the O-line is solid, Brady is Brady, the WR core has been upgraded beyond words, which will open up tons of things for Watson and Maroney, the secondary is healthy, merriweather adds speed and playmaking ability back there, AD upgrades the LB core, AND, for the first time since 2004, both co-ordinators are coming back.

11-5 is really lowballing the team IMO.

So how does that make your "prediction" any more valid than anyone elses. I'm not really "bashing" you per say but I think it's ridiculous that you expect everyone to buy into your prediction and refuse to listen to any logical arguments to the contrary.

The Pats went 12-4 last year and were a minute 30 seconds away from the Superbowl.
Now take that team and subtract Daniel Graham.
Now add Adalius Thomas all-pro linebacker, Randy Moss all-pro wide receiver, Donte Stallworth proven deep threat, Wes Welker proven slot receiver and return man, plus a plethora of other players and #1 pick safety Meriweather to the mix.

I think it would be more LOGICAL to think that the Patriots would improve on last year's record rather than regress.

Now look at the other teams in the playoff hunt last year.
San Diego - entirely new coaching staff. How will they adjust?
Indy - lost BOTH starting cornerbacks and a bunch of other defensive players. They will have to hope that their defense which was operating on smoke and mirrors and Bob Sanders superhuman playoff efforts can recover from being the laughingstock of the league in the 2006 regular season.
Bears - They are still crippled by having a terrible offense and Rex Grossman at the helm.

Do you see where I am going with this? If it is so useless to make prognostications at this point in the season, why are you doing it and expecting other people not to respond? You can't have it both ways kid.

I'll stand by my prediction of 13 wins by the Pats, and they could easily exceed my expectations if the Freak busts out big time with Brady throwing him the ball.

Maybe you don't like the forecast of an 11-5 season and think its stupid to just predict into the crystal ball this early,but what are the hypocrites on here that when saying that its dumb to think we only win 11 games then go on to say we probably will win 13-14-15-16 games? - Do you have proof other than whats 'on paper' right now to say 11-5 is hogwash?

Is it me or is that the same type of forecasting what this team will do when someone says 13 or 14 wins ect:?

If I say 11 wins I get bashed,If someone says 12-13-14 its O.K.? - Its still predicting into the future,the same as I have done here.

Its simply a matter of fact that no one,including me wants to see this team no less than a #1 seed,But I don't see it that way - I see a 3rd seeded playoff team-and regardless of what flaming has gone on here,nothing will change my opinion until we win our 12th game,THEN you can come back to this post and do the bashing.

Otherwise no one has any grounds to stand on to say I am wrong when week 1 has not even started yet?

How can you possibly argue this?,Last time I checked,god was not in this forum so I don't think anyone here knows exactly what will occur,including me,but those were my opinions and thats the way it is.

Also I think its funny that people in here bash my perception of how we usually lose in Miami because you can't dwell on the past teams,but yet come up with stats from years ago about things to solidify their topic in other posts,How many people in here have said we usually lose to Denver and they have our number and we want to avoid them? - Why is it different than saying we usually lose in Miami no matter what the team looks like ?- Some very funny things I have to snicker at sometimes in here- Almost makes it interesting.

Bottom line is I would love this team to go 19-0 undefeated and have Czonka,Shula and all those clowns break the champagne bottles over their heads,but its not going to happen this year,next year and probably not for a very long time or maybe never again in the way the NFL is now with cap and increasing disgruntled players every year who want to leave for greener pastures,its VERY hard to do and in my lifetime I doubt I will ever see it.

I would not be surprised to see the top seed in this conference go just 13-3 so 11-5 can still get a 3rd seed,I think the AFC is getting closer grouped in terms of talent than ever before.

Last edited:
They upgraded their receiving corp, upgraded their LB corp (AD would like to say hello, lol), they upgraded the secondary by adding Meriweather, I don't think Samuel is going to leave $7.79M on the table, Ellis Hobbs has another year of experience, and Tory James should be a decent backup.

Unless this team gets hit with a serious amount of injuries I can't see them going 10-6 or 11-5. If they stay reasonably healthy and finish with an 11-5 record I'll be dissapointed.

Right now I'm think anything from 14-2 to 12-4 is much more likely, than 11-5.

let's go through their schedule:
@ Jets: Tough game. I think NE has the edge on this team, but this will be early in the season, so NE's offense might not be at full speed, yet. It can take time for new players to adjust.

vs Chargers: Will be a very tough game with a revenge factor, but they also have a new head coach, new DC, new OC, and they are trying to fill a few holes in their defense with young players. I need to see more of the '07 Chargers before I can really say anything. NE could have a slight edge, but it could go either way.

vs Buffalo: This team has taken steps backwards, and I can only see them winning if NE has an off game.

@ Cincy: NE beat them 38-18 in '06, and they added some defensive players, but I'm not really sure they've improved. They lost key players to injury, and lost a starting Safety to FA. They added Leon Hall who has all the potential, but he's a rookie and this is the Bengals defense, not NE's. Their offense is still high powered, but NE shut it down last year. Now NE has added more weapons on defense, and more weapons on offense. NE should win this game.

VS Cleveland: This should be a win. Maybe a trap game? Probably not.

@ Cowboys: Could be a tough game, but they've changed head coaches, and I think NE has the type of offense to move the ball on their defense. I also think NE has the type of defense to stop that Dallas offense. NE has the edge in this game, but Dallas can be weird. They can beat teams they shouldn't and loose to the bottom dwellers.

@ Dolphins: Nice to have this game a little later in the year, and the Dolphins have seen some changes. On paper NE should beat the Dolphins, especially considering they're new HC, but the Dolphins usually give NE a hard time, and could win one of these matchups. Honestly, it's Jason taylor who gives NE a hard time, lol. Anyways, if NE comes to play they should win, but I'm well aware of Miami's unusual ability to beat NE no matter how bad they are.

VS Redskins: Should be a win. Might be closer than it should be just because they could be thinking about Indy. Players will say "I don't look ahead", but it happens.

@ Colts: Looking at what NE has done in the offseason, and looking at what the Colts have done would make you think NE should role (like the old days), but the Colts have beaten NE a few games straight. This means they have confidence in knowing they can pull it out against NE, no matter what the odds. Because of this I'm not ready to say NE wins this game. I will say I think this version of the Patriots should be stronger, and the '07 version of the Colts seems slightly weaker. I'm interested to see them play, then I should have a better idea.

Bye: I love having the Bye week this late in the season, instead of week 3 or 4.

@ Buffalo: Should be a win.

vs Eagles: To me this Eagles team isn't any better than the one NE handled in the regular season a few years back, and the one NE beat in the SB. they've added some players but they've also lost some players, McNabb is Mr.Injury, and like NE some of their key players are getting older. Who knows what version of this team will show up. I think NE should win this game.

@ Baltimore: Strong defense that could be slightly less powerful without Adalius Thomas. An aging Ray Ray isn't the LB he used to be either. I don't think their offense will be anything special against a defense like NE's, and that's probably the key here. NE has defense and a powerful offense, while Baltimore is mostly defense. I'll give the edge to NE, but I'll also point out that their defense like Chicago's could do some of their scoring.

vs Pitt: This team isn't as strong as it once was, they've changed coaches, and could be changing defensive schemes. I don't think Mike Tomlin and his new staff are going to outclass BB, staff, and Tom Brady. If NE doesn't win this game I'll be dissapointed, especially since I think they used to be stronger and NE has beaten them pretty frequently under BB. NE also rolled Mike Tomlin's Vikings D.

vs Jets: Tough game, and depending on records the Jets could be fighting for their playoff lives, while NE might be looking for home field advantage in the playoffs. The Patriots could have a slight edge, but familiarity, and so many other things can factor in.

vs Dolphins: Late in the season at home NE should have the advantage, and I think the '07 Dolphins could be playing for little more than pride at this point.
NE's record cold factor into this game. If they have a really good record BB could rest some starters for part of the game. This seems like more likely a win if NE goes full strength the entire game, but again all this stuff I mentioned will factor in.

@ Giants: They could be fighting for a playoff spot, and NE could have little to play for (depending on their record), so this game could go either way depending on the circumstances. If both teams are at least somewhat healthy and NE keeps their starters in the entire game it seems like a Patriots win, but the last few weeks of the season are always hard to call.

Last edited:
You are free to predict whatever you want. Every poster also has a right to ask why anyone would believe that this team is weaker than last year, why the division is stronger, and how our real opponents have improved more thena we have.

You are free to predict whatever you want. Every poster also has a right to ask why anyone would believe that this team is weaker than last year, why the division is stronger, and how our real opponents have improved more thena we have.

Of course they do,its just the tone of how they do it..Rebuttals are always welcome as long as its done with some type of respect for the opinion of another which sometimes is rare in this forum.

It was a good week to be a pats fan in pa. I was in Allentown this week. Everyone congratulated us on our draft. At the same time, they all agreed that PHI had skipped the first day of the draft.

Of course they do,its just the tone of how they do it..Rebuttals are always welcome as long as its done with some type of respect for the opinion of another which sometimes is rare in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes