Status
Not open for further replies.

italian pat patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
and surely i am not the only one...

i really desperately want the return of the red uniforms and pat patriot MINIMUM once a year REGULARLY

i LOVE, really love, them...

w pat patriot - the best logo ever used in the Nfl !

Last edited:
italianpatthepatriot said:
and surely i am not the only one...

i really desperately want the return of the red uniforms and pat patriot MINIMUM once a year REGULARLY

i LOVE, really love, them...

w pat patriot - the best logo ever used in the Nfl !

Why are you so obsessed with this? I thought Italians were supposed to have good fashion sense. :rolleyes: Everything about those uniforms was wrong from the beginning -- the static cartoon character on the helmet that looks like an amorphous tripod from 10 feet away, and red jerseys that equate more with the invading British army than the revolutionary colonials (original patriots). Beyond that, they're inextricably tied to incompetence and a losing tradition. I can't think of those uniforms without thinking about Rod Rust and **** McPherson. Yuck-o-rama.

normally i like of course italian fashion but i LOVED i LIKED and still today i have a PASSION for our old logos.

i prefere much more the red uniforms + Pat Patriot then the present.

i know there is 50% that prefere Flying Elvis then Pat Patriot but also in the past threads with the same subject we were exactly 50-50.

this is the reason why it is taxative to use the throwbacks minimum once a year.

i do not agree that the throwbacks means loosers.

we had strong teams (i.e.: 1976-1978, 1985, etc) also using them.

the 70% of my Pats articles (and i have bought a lot) are with Pat Patriot logo. Not flying elvis...

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
Why are you so obsessed with this? I thought Italians were supposed to have good fashion sense. :rolleyes: Everything about those uniforms was wrong from the beginning -- the static cartoon character on the helmet that looks like an amorphous tripod from 10 feet away, and red jerseys that equate more with the invading British army than the revolutionary colonials (original patriots). Beyond that, they're inextricably tied to incompetence and a losing tradition. I can't think of those uniforms without thinking about Rod Rust and **** McPherson. Yuck-o-rama.

You are right about the uni's being more like the British Redcoats than the rag-tag colonists. Kudos on the American History lesson, however the Italians have a wonderful sense of tradition. Those red uniforms are just that; tradition!

I love them too Pat and think they should be worn once a year. I have a Brady throwback and wear it all the time. Those jerseys remind me of the men that wore them: Gino, Hawg, Grogan, Nelson and most of all Tippett!!

Now stop insulting the Motherland! ;)

NEM said:
What I would like them to wear is the same style jersey as today, but in red, instead of that silver one.
Absolutely!

NEM said:
What I would like them to wear is the same style jersey as today, but in red, instead of that silver one.
I like that plus I would like to see old Pat on the silver helmets.

Pats Fanatic said:
I like that plus I would like to see old Pat on the silver helmets.
How does that overused message board cliche' go? ...'you just made me throw up in my mouth' or something like that? :D

Pat Patriot is ancient history, most of which was painful lest we forget. And while respecting history is fine and nostalgia is what it is, these are not your fathers Boston Patriots (or the ones who traumatized my childhood). Or the Patsies as they were not so fondly known. These are BB's and TB's and Bob Kraft's NE Patriots. Flying Elvis has brought us truly remarkeable culture change and 3 of the last 5 Superbowl Championships. He's money. Respect his karma. Next season we need the bye and HFA throughout wouldn't be too shabby either. My money is on Elvis. :D

If a need exists for some segment of the fan base to see a reminder of a history we fortunately learned from, honor Pat is an exhibition setting like the pre-season, if you indeed must. When it counts, we go to war and win with Elvis.

MoLewisrocks said:
Pat Patriot is ancient history, most of which was painful lest we forget. And while respecting history is fine and nostalgia is what it is, these are not your fathers Boston Patriots (or the ones who traumatized my childhood). Or the Patsies as they were not so fondly known. These are BB's and TB's and Bob Kraft's NE Patriots. Flying Elvis has brought us truly remarkeable culture change and 3 of the last 5 Superbowl Championships. He's money. Respect his karma. Next season we need the bye and HFA throughout wouldn't be too shabby either. My money is on Elvis. :D

If a need exists for some segment of the fan base to see a reminder of a history we fortunately learned from, honor Pat is an exhibition setting like the pre-season, if you indeed must. When it counts, we go to war and win with Elvis.

Excellent post! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Tunescribe said:

Tune, you nailed it. Holovak, Parilli, Cappelletti, et al are my first recollections of the Patriots. It was great to have a pro team back in Boston, but those unis just came up a little short of projecting a rough-tough team like we wanted.

NEM said:
Disagree. The old logo IS the history of the Patriots. It may be the most shown old logo of any team in the NFL. It is historical and should never be cast aside....

we ll said NEM.
i am with you.

i really do not understand why it seems there are 'two teams'

- the Boston Patriots and the New England Patriots with 'old logo'
- the New England Patriots with the 'new logo'

There is ONE (1 ) TEAM.

I do not dislike Flying Elvis and the blue uniforms but i prefere the reds and Pat Patriot.

And i really love the traditions. Yes. And the fact that our throwbacks are, in my opinion, beautiful and should be used more more often.

Not only.
For me they were the best ever used by any NFL team.

Bill's Girl said:
I love them too Pat and think they should be worn once a year. I have a Brady throwback and wear it all the time. Those jerseys remind me of the men that wore them: Gino, Hawg, Grogan, Nelson and most of all Tippett!!

i have many things with Pat Patriot and the red and white colours + him on the helmet was the reason why more then 20 years ago i decided to be a fan of an Nfl team.

i really do not understand why they not use him like 2nd or 3rd uniform.

the actual third (the silver) in my opinion is...horrible.

the blue are quite good.

the white so and so.

Last edited:
i have many things with Pat Patriot and the red and white colours + him on the helmet was the reason why more then 20 years ago i decided to be a fan of an Nfl team.

i really do not undesrtand why they not use him like 2nd or 3rd uniform.

the actual third (the silver) in my opinion is...horrible.

the blue are quite good.

the white so and so.

I like the navy color so much better than that horrible reflex blue we had in the early 90's when Drew was here!

Bill's Girl said:
I like the navy color so much better than that horrible reflex blue we had in the early 90's when Drew was here!

yes. i remember very well that uniforms when Drew Bledsoe, Max Lane, Todd Rucci & Co were playing.

i have also bought one # 11 replica with that 'reflex blue' you mean.

i also liked the old Pats playing with Pat Patriot + red trousers and white jerseys.

did they used them on road ?

NEM said:
Disagree. The old logo IS the history of the Patriots. It may be the most shown old logo of any team in the NFL. It is historical and should never be cast aside.... I would love to see it incorporated into today's uniform along with the Flying Elvis Head. I am sure it could be done.

That would be the equivalent of stitching little Union Jacks into the corners of Old Glory, which is what they first did in 1776. Times change and even our revolutionary forefathers saw the need to establish a new identity logo for their country devoid of it's origins and ties to England. Stars and Stripes.

Flying Elvis represents the identity of the new and improved NE Patriots. Pat's origins were that of a homeless and often hapless drifter on the streets of Boston. This team found a home in Foxboro in the 70's but didn't begin to achieve it's destiny until a new logo signaled the changing of the old guard with the arrival of Parcells (with BB soon to follow in tow) and Bob Kraft, and yes, Flying Elvis.

This team has a tough enough task maintaining it's championship identity every season without imposing nostalgic uniform and logo angst on it. Pat was a Globe generated cartoon caricature of a colonial minuteman. Elvis by comparison is a equivalent to a new millenium stealth fighter pilot.

There were some fond memories in the original stadium they played in in Foxboro. Now it's the Razor's parking lot. ;)

The current uniforms, and logo, are my favorites.

yes. i remember very well that uniforms when Drew Bledsoe, Max Lane, Todd Rucci & Co were playing.

i have also bought one # 11 replica with that 'reflex blue' you mean.

i also liked the old Pats playing with Pat Patriot + red trousers and white jerseys.

did they used them on road ?

I have one of those Bledsoe jerseys in the blue too! That was the first football jersey I ever bought!

I think the Patriots used to wear the red jerseys on the road and white jerseys at home.

Bill's Girl said:
I have one of those Bledsoe jerseys in the blue too! That was the first football jersey I ever bought!

I think the Patriots used to wear the red jerseys on the road and white jerseys at home.

that was my first too.
two friends i have near Boston bought for me and delivered to me in Italy. i was happy like a kid ! after that i bought other 3 (2 'originals' that i payied a lot...) and a lot of pennants, t-shirts, plushes, hats.

ps= i thought they used the red at home and the white on road.
both are beautiful.

I now prefer the new uniforms. However, I love to honor tradition/history and, even though the pre-BB were lean times for the most part, I would love to see the team wear the old uniforms for one game. I get very nostalgic.

If the Pro Shop had a Stanley Morgan throwback shirt I would buy it.

and then there's the seahawks

I'm definitely in the Pat Patriot camp, although I am somewhat torn because I do believe a change of logo and appearance can have a psychological effect on a franchise and play a small part in success. (If I were the Detroit Lions I would probably update the Lion logo, even if only as a special one-season deal, to commemorate some convenient anniversary or something).

I love the suggestion of playing one game a season in the old uniforms, perhaps the opening or closing home game.

But even with the new logo, I definitely would prefer the Pats had retained bold red, rather than the more sombre blue jerseys we now have.

BUT! Thank **** we don't support the Seahawks, right? It sickens me that I'm going to have to watch their dirgey, ugly, monotone sludge-blue uniforms for another three hours this season. Who came up with the idea of making their uniforms look like head-to-toe denim - ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back