PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I really need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm confused and I really need some help. The help I need is from the second gueesers, the nitpickers, the fans that are mostly posting negitive comments.

Let's just deal with the past three years.

Here is what I'm confused about. The Patriots have won 2 World Championships. They made and won a playoff game last year in the face of devatating injuries. All this happened in the past three years.

Please explain to me what they are doing wrong. I'm serious. I really would like to know what it is. I'm not smart enough to figure it out myself. I don't want ot be a fool and defend them if they are doing something wrong.

Please help me out.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm confused and I really need some help. The help I need is from the second gueesers, the nitpickers, the fans that are mostly posting negitive comments.

Here is what I'm confused about. The Patriots have won 2 World Championships. They made and won a playoff game last year in the face of devatating injuries. All this happened in the past three years.

Please explain to me what they are doing wrong. I'm serious. I really would like to know what it is. I'm not smart enough to figure it out myself. I don't want ot be a fool and defend them if they are doing something wrong.

Please help me out.

Nut, Nut, Nut.....oh how the mighty have fallen! Hmmm, where to begin??

Our head coach has lost his mind!
Our players have no heart!
Fans are jumping off the bandwagon in record numbers.
We can't win without Romeo and Charlie....they were the REAL geniuses!
The Patriots are cheap.
We can't sign primo talent like Lawyer Milloy
Borges is really running the team.....into the ground

Bill's Girl said:
Nut, Nut, Nut.....oh how the mighty have fallen! Hmmm, where to begin??

Our head coach has lost his mind!
Our players have no heart!
Fans are jumping off the bandwagon in record numbers.
We can't win without Romeo and Charlie....they were the REAL geniuses!
The Patriots are cheap.
We can't sign primo talent like Lawyer Milloy
Borges is really running the team.....into the ground

Thanks for trying. But,with all due respect BG, you don't qualify as a "helper" in this instance. I think that you are blinded by your faith in this organization.

I need to be enlightened by people who are not taken in by the organization.

I haven't heard from one yet.

PATSNUTme said:
Thanks for trying. But,with all due respect BG, you don't qualify as a "helper" in this instance. I think that you are blinded by your faith in this organization.

I need to be enlightened by people who are not taken in by the organization.

I haven't heard from one yet.

That is because it is past their bed time.......:D

I think they're doing what they've been doing for the past 4 years. I dont think they're doing anything different, and that's why I'm perfectly content with the patriots as of now. You shouldn't be worried, no matter what anyone else on this board says.

The Pats have several holes to fill and although BB and SP are geniuses
they're not immune to deals that have backfired (Starks/Biesel/Donald Hayes). No one can realistically expect that all the rookie Draftees will fill in for the players who've left without missing stride. I'm cautiously optimistic they'll sign a few decent FA's but it is not unreasonable to be concerned at this point that the players coming in will be a Biesel-like step down from those who left.

The Pats success rightfully gives BB and SP a ton of credibility but at the end of the day they have to replace players like McGinest with players who are talented, tough and smart enough to be effective under BB.

Obviously people's views/concerns/opinions will change when circumstances change but are you less of a fan if you don't rabidly wave the BB pom poms everytime a player leaves? :confused:

Brick said:
The Pats have several holes to fill and although BB and SP are geniuses
they're not immune to deals that have backfired (Starks/Biesel/Donald Hayes). No one can realistically expect that all the rookie Draftees will fill in for the players who've left without missing stride. I'm cautiously optimistic they'll sign a few decent FA's but it is not unreasonable to be concerned at this point that the players coming in will be a Biesel-like step down from those who left.

The Pats success rightfully gives BB and SP a ton of credibility but at the end of the day they have to replace players like McGinest with players who are talented, tough and smart enough to be effective under BB.

Obviously people's views/concerns/opinions will change when circumstances change but are you less of a fan if you don't rabidly wave the BB pom poms everytime a player leaves? :confused:

We all know that the have work to do. But, what I need to know is what are they doing wrong.

PATSNUTme said:
We all know that the have work to do. But, what I need to know is what are they doing wrong.
Are they doing anything wrong at all???? Are they?? What are they doing wrong??? from the non-posts...NOTHING...so far.....nothing!! Yes past their bed times..

Brick said:

You don't mind if I steal this line do you?? :D

PATSNUTme said:

Please help me out.

With Tony soprano in the hospital...Dr. Melfi will help you...$300/hr.

Seriously cousin NUT...these people are hearing big-time smack from other fans who hate us with a passion...courtesy of our 3 rings. I'm willing to bet most of the nitpickers are vocal fans who talk alot of smack themselves.

I suggest these fans may want to consider being Redskin, Browns, Cardinals etc fans...you get to run your piehole a whole bunch and you get to complain early on when your team is out of it.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:

Please help me out.
You're not getting responses about what they're doing wrong basically because no one knows what they are doing and that's the way they like it. Someone complained about their lack of PR regarding losses of players like Willie. As though BB would come to the mike with his pockets turned inside out and start channeling **** Vermeil , who practically broke down and cried when we signed away Biesel. Please.
Nobody seems to remember the press complaining about the "bunker mentality" of Parcells in the off-season. Or the fact that Will McDonough attained "rock star" status due to the Tuna throwing him a few bones that no one else got. Now, McDonough's self-appointed heir, Borges, has a full-blown character disorder regarding the team, just because he can't get in the back door.
Books have been written about how this version of the NEP do business. Name another team who has. The word "dynasty" has been thrown around prematurely, IMO. Dynasties survive personnel changes. We may be witnessing football greatness, and all we can do is complain because we don't know what is going to happen next.
Personally, this team and this website have given me a new, broader appreciation of the game. Reading the break-downs of games, flipping through draft boards (a first for me), trying to anticipate changes and personnel moves, it all has been fascinating. What are they doing wrong? Nothing---

jczxohn1 said:
You're not getting responses about what they're doing wrong basically because no one knows what they are doing and that's the way they like it. Someone complained about their lack of PR regarding losses of players like Willie. As though BB would come to the mike with his pockets turned inside out and start channeling **** Vermeil , who practically broke down and cried when we signed away Biesel. Please.
Nobody seems to remember the press complaining about the "bunker mentality" of Parcells in the off-season. Or the fact that Will McDonough attained "rock star" status due to the Tuna throwing him a few bones that no one else got. Now, McDonough's self-appointed heir, Borges, has a full-blown character disorder regarding the team, just because he can't get in the back door.
Books have been written about how this version of the NEP do business. Name another team who has. The word "dynasty" has been thrown around prematurely, IMO. Dynasties survive personnel changes. We may be witnessing football greatness, and all we can do is complain because we don't know what is going to happen next.
Personally, this team and this website have given me a new, broader appreciation of the game. Reading the break-downs of games, flipping through draft boards (a first for me), trying to anticipate changes and personnel moves, it all has been fascinating. What are they doing wrong? Nothing---

So, does that mean you think the 90's Cowboys are a dynasty because they had two different head coaches when then won 3 in 4 years? Same with the Niners because they had two qbs?

I don't think you can leave the Patriots off that list because we had the same hc, dc and oc and Tommy for all three Super Bowls. If we had won this year and made it 4 out of 5 WITH Romeo and Charlie would Dallas still be a dynasty and we would not? I guess I do not understand that part of the definition.....not being a smartass here.

Bill's Girl said:
So, does that mean you think the 90's Cowboys are a dynasty because they had two different head coaches when then won 3 in 4 years? Same with the Niners because they had two qbs?

I don't think you can leave the Patriots off that list because we had the same hc, dc and oc and Tommy for all three Super Bowls. If we had won this year and made it 4 out of 5 WITH Romeo and Charlie would Dallas still be a dynasty and we would not? I guess I do not understand that part of the definition.....not being a smartass here.
Wasn't thinking so much in terms of coaches' changes as the player changes we are currently undergoing. IMO, Switzer was the end of the Dallas dynasty. Being from Okla, I had little respect for him. Walsh, on the other hand, did manage to successfully hand it over to Siefert. Could someone replace BB and keep it going? (A purely intellectual exercise, of course:p) Nobody without Pioli, first of all. Right now, it would have to be RAC, Charlie, or Saban and none of them would want to. BB's too young to be grooming a successor, thank heaven:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back