PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I really don't want Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will snow in Phoenix before that happens.

sort of how Miami beat the Patriots

Patriots beat Houston

Houston beat Indy

but Miami can't beat Indy?

:bricks:

On defense, we have no answer for JWalker and the Bells are tough to stop. I think they are good for atleast 17points against us...can we come up with 20?

We also don't have an answer for Rod Smith and most any running back they play against us. The retirements of John Elway, Terrell Davis and Ed McCaffrey weren't enough to stop the Denver domination against us (Elway never lost to the Patriots in his career).

Some teams do well against others, it just happens.

Bob G

Disagree. I think Denver would be licking their chops.

Brady has always looked like crap against Denver, worse than he does against Miami. The one time he beat Denver, it took an intentional safety and the fact that his QB opponent was Danny Kanell to enable the Pats to barely squeak by by 2 points. Otherwise, Brady is snakebitten against Denver, and Cutler will have some margin of error in his first playoff game.

Our home field won't matter since Denver won here earlier this year. The second matchup of the year won't matter since it didn't help us last year in the playoffs. Cold, snow, that won't faze anyone based in Colorado right now. The only way we win is if Denver thinks they're playing Indianapolis instead of NE and short circuits.

Bob G

Maybe but ....

- I'm hoping for a different outcome.
- I'm hoping that some of those bogus ref calls go the PATs way this time
- I'm hoping this time Walker doesn't get some perfect throws and our secondary guys are better than they were
- I'm hoping Brady and receivers are more in tune this time
- I'm hoping PATs are healthy with all it's key players
- I'm hoping PATs do a better job with Denver's blitz packages this time
and even help Matt Light if he needs it.
- I'm hoping the guys in that PATs locker room are the guys that will
change this notion that the PATs are somehow tied to past events
with respect to Denver.

So if you flip a coin and it comes up heads three times in a row do you expect it to come up heads next time you flip it?

I think too many Pats fans are making the Broncos out to be the boogeyman and a team to be feared because we just can't beat them. The fact that Denver has usually beaten us in recent times has no effect on my views of them as an opponent.

They Broncos don't scare me, they never have, I don't know why they seem to defeat us so often, but I can't remember a time when I felt they were a better team than the Pats since the Elway/Terrell Davis version.

The Broncos are a flawed team that we should be able to beat most of the time. Would any of you want to trade rosters with them? I wouldn't.

I hope the players don't think like so many of you fans and play tight because they think they can't beat Denver.

So if you flip a coin and it comes up heads three times in a row do you expect it to come up heads next time you flip it?

I think too many Pats fans are making the Broncos out to be the boogeyman and a team to be feared because we just can't beat them. The fact that Denver has usually beaten us in recent times has no effect on my views of them as an opponent.

They Broncos don't scare me, they never have, I don't know why they seem to defeat us so often, but I can't remember a time when I felt they were a better team than the Pats since the Elway/Terrell Davis version.

The Broncos are a flawed team that we should be able to beat most of the time. Would any of you want to trade rosters with them? I wouldn't.

I hope the players don't think like so many of you fans and play tight because they think they can't beat Denver.

I believe the defining play between the Pats/Broncos (or BB/Shanny) is that deep pass on 3rd and 1 late in the first half from Week 3. Belichick probably figures with a minute-and-change left, Shanahan will go short-yardage to eat up more clock right? WRONG. Shanahan went for the jugular. What did he really have to lose? If it's incomplete, you can kick a 53-yarder or pin the Pats deep in their own territory with little time left. If it's picked off, it's like punting and getting a touchback. Either way, Denver will still have the lead going into the tunnel (their D was shutting us down that night). The way it plays out, Denver is up 10-0 and our backs are against the wall.

If you've watched the last few Broncos/Pats matchups, Shanahan has challenged us with many deep passes. Much more than even the Colts in our last few games. And usually, it works out well for Denver. It's all in the mindset on both sides of the ball for Denver against us - ATTACK. They will not hesitate to attack and a team not hesitant to attack will likely come out on top.

If New England wants to be victorious in 2 weeks, we'll need to bring the same mentality and give this team hell in Foxboro.

Like some have said "We need to beat Denver" Almost the way we did in beating co-mvp Mcnair and Manning back to back in 03. For me that was a very satisfying run to the Super Bowl.

I do know we can stop the run regardless of that fluke run vs Jax Sunday. They would have to beat us with a rookie qb which isn't going to happen,if they did beat us then we didn't belong there in the first place.

Personally I'd go at them with alot of no huddle all night. It seemed to work quite well. We'll see.

They would have to beat us with a rookie qb which isn't going to happen,if they did beat us then we didn't belong there in the first place.

This game will need to be won by the D because I don't expect the offense to do anything special against Denver (we average 2.0 pts in the 1st half of our last 3 meetings).

Against Cutler we will need BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA, WITH HITS SO HARD IT'LL RATTLE HIS ANCESTORS! The best way to rattle Cutler is to hit him with some "hurtin' bombs" :)

Neither do I.

I couldn't believe some of the opportunities Denver got yesterday to help them win-I was pulling for Cincy. Unbelievable. Shanahan is a sneaky bastard with his play calling too-I want to see them lose badly. Especially Champ Bailey-he needs to get thrashed.

Shanahan,Bailey and Lynch have always irritated me and the Denver fans-We need some revenge though-We may need to play them first-It would be sweet if they lost some players to injury.

I would have to say you are the most classless fan I have ever seen. I for one hope that if you do have tickets to any patriots games that they somehow are stolen and given to a fan that deserves them. I also hope that somehow you stub your toe on something that makes you cry like the little girl you are.

If you honestly have to hope that a denver player gets hurt to beat them, and to hope that someone as classy as Champ Bailey gets hurt simply cuz he owns Brady, then you are the biggest disgrace to ever be called a football fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes