Welcome to PatsFans.com

I, now known as ‘the black Sergeant’

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, Aug 1, 2009.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Do you see how a black cop gets treated in America Professor Gates?

Black Cambridge Cop at Arrest Scene Slams Gates in Letter for Beer Summit
    By PoliJAM | July 30, 2009

Sgt. Leon Lashley, the African-American cop on the scene when Sgt. James ‘Jim’ Crowley arrested Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates, says in a letter that he’s been maligned as an “Uncle Tom” for speaking “the truth” and supporting the actions of his fellow officer.

The letter, given to Sgt. Crowley to provide talking point for the beer summit, goes on to say that by Professor Gates’ actions, “grave and potentially irreparable harm to the struggle for racial harmony” may have been caused.

Dear Jim,

Would you be so kind as to mention the following to Mr. Gates and President Obama during your meeting with them:

One of the major problems stemming from the events of July 16 is that I, now known as ‘the black Sergeant’, have had my image plastered all over the Internet, television and newspapers. Subsequently, I have also become known, at least to some, as an ‘Uncle Tom.’

I’m forced to ponder the notion that as a result of speaking the truth and coming to the defense of a friend and collegue, who just happens to be white, that I have somehow betrayed my heritage.

Please convey my concerns to the President that Mr. Gates’ actions may have caused grave and potentially irreparable harm to the struggle for racial harmony in this country and perhaps throughout the world.

More:

Black Cambridge Cop's Letter Slams Prof. Gates for 'Causing Grave and Potentially Irreparable Harm to Racial Harmony' | PoliJAM Blog
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

Reminds me of the Palin strategy, keep talking to the press and then slam the press for the way you are treated.... or blame the MSM... no one has milked this more than Drudge, Rush Limbaugh, Stormfront and White Civil Rights.. they do not want it to go away.
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

That's probably the most irrelevant and irresponsible spin I've seen in a long time. Wow.

The seargents take on it is absolutely appropriate and should not be dissmissed.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Where was Jessie Jackoff and little tub of sh!t Sharpton during all this Racist crap......:confused:

The Black Cop:
    Thats true you know, that Black Cop is now known throughout the world as "The Black Cop" thats what his kids have to read.

Gates & Obama are the Racists in this one.

There would have been no "beer party" if it hadn't been for the Backlash against Stupid Obama.
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

From your perception, but it is the same old tired trivia.. talk to the media, play the media, jerk off to the media and then blame the media.. no where has this been played more than on the right web sites... see Rush, Stormfront, Hannity, White Civil rights... it is what it is..

Drudge had the woman cambridge detective as the banner for 3 days about he she will not vote for Obama, got almost as much play as Michelle's sneakers.. on and on.. the right continues this daily, while the left is focusing on cash for clunkers, health care reform etc..

There are about 2 or 3 more angles on this stupid case, and then you will be told to move on to something more salient and timely.
  6. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Explain to me how the seargent has done that. He was there and lies are being spread. He's not calling press conferences or doing multiple interviews.........especially since he wrote that letter before the beer get-together.
    Instead of changing the subject, why not comment on the meat of the letter....that he was there and knows Gates lied and sees the damage Gates' actions has caused over it?
  7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

The point is that this is an letter from a little known website, that you want to play... in the big scale this is a very minor incident, except for the right who want to play this from every angle and upside down to play the race card... bottom line is that Gates f..ed up, Crowley f..ed up, Obama f..ed up.. it is time to move on.. the way the play the birth certifikit...

If you have to ask this question, you obviously are not paying attention... the reality is that most folks would not even know about this letter, but you bring it to the forefront.. you have become them.
  8. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yep, you're one of "them", PatsSB. You're so "bad" for bringing up "inconvenient" truths.

Psssst, this ain't about race. Never was. It's about class. Who dares question a Harvard professor!!! The very idea!!!! Don't you working schlubs on the Police Force know your place!! You work for THEM, the elites of the world, like AlGore, Obama-rama, the Clintons, and all those who are so much "smarter" than everyone else. Just shut up and do what they say.

C'mon, man, get with the program!!!

Carry on.

//
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You mean a black guy made Sergeant in the police department in the "Racial Profiling capital of the world", Cambridge, MA? You don't say. :rolleyes:

The is the dumbest fukcing media circle jerk I've seen in a long time (a that's saying something). This was a typical "elitist", academia megalomaniac who thinks his sh!t doesn't stink improperly invoking the "race" card, mixing it up with a small-town, cop with little-penis fever who improperly arrested said "elitist" instead of just turning around and walking away like he should have. Although, when you yell at a cop (in your home or not), you are likely to really piss them off. Cops in cities are used to it and let it roll of their back most of the time. Small town cops are prone to react a little stronger.

This stuff happens EVERY DAMN day across this country. It almost NEVER has anything to do with race. 90% of all DisCon arrests boil down simply to "being an a-hole in a no a-hole zone"

The only reason your reading any of this is is because this "Sir-gaffs-alot" president stuck his nose where it did not belong. He just can't keep his trap shut and refuses to learn the essential presidential "I really don't have any comment on that right now as I don't have all the facts" line.

The only thing missing from the beer summit was the little retard bowler that Obama like to mock. They could have brought him in for some comic relief :rolleyes: This guy is almost as bad a Biden in the "dumb comment" department.
  10. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

People need to know about what happened. Too many wrong assumptions were made and the record needs to be set straight. Too bad it doesn't fit in the little
    racist box so many want to put it in.
  11. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Shhhh, not so loud!! When people get to wise to this, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and NAACP ("who you callin' 'colored'??? what 'color'?? blue, red, purple?? what 'color' you talkin' bout??") will all be out of "work". Big jump in the unemployment figures then.

Oh, well.

//
  12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Stupid Beautiful Obama blew it up to what it is, he couldn't resist getting his Racist "stupidy" remark in there.

If Jug Ears didn't shoot his mouth off this story would have died the next day.
  13. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I feel so bad for him:rolleyes:

There are battles going on in this world, this is the least of our problems.

Cop's for the most part have power hungry/control issues and us as citizens want our rights to be respected, life is a two way street, cops need to stop abusing their power and start acting with a little more sense.

People need to not jump the gun so fast on what are polices real motives are.

Two wrongs don't make a right, the officer should of took the high road and lead by example since he is the authority figure. He might not like it but there's no law against having an opinion.

We need to hold our Courts,our Government,Police,Doctors and others to a high degree of responsibility........
  14. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

everything in this country is representative of us, the residents and citizens.......politicians are corrupt because we are corrupt........if we want politicians to stop cheating then we need to stop cheating........the same holds true for ever civil job.........

gotta love these people who think they have the right to expect something from someone that they don't expect from themselves
  15. tanked_as_usual

tanked_as_usual Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

naaahhh..........its pretty damned irrelevant.......
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

They do, do they? Nice generalization. No offense to those who work in law enforcement that may post here. :rolleyes:

In my experience, those who post on political forums of Football fans sites, and are named "Mabeyitstrue" add NO VALUE to discussions and should generally be ignored whenever they post. :D

Most cops I know, are cops because they are generally unselfish people that are "generally" motivated by a desire to help people and serve the greater public, not unlike people who join the military. And what do you know, I happen to find myself surrounded by them on a daily basis ;)
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

Cops represent law and order, accountability and discipline Liberals hate that sh!t.
  18. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

If you're in a position of power you have a responsibility not to abuse it. The rest of your post is just gibberish.
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +176 / 5 / -22

If you noticed never once brought up race in this post, it is you who want it to be about that....
  20. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0