Welcome to PatsFans.com

I must be doing something right, I've pissed off PETA!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Dec 15, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +491 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +702 / 20 / -30

Must admit this is a bit over the edge, anecdotally we had a sales agreement on a house in Maine once and then did the online check for registered sexual felons and found less than a 1/2 mile from us there were three working in a chicken farm. Needless to say we voided that agreement at some expense.

Working plucking chickens and on chicken farms is pretty crappy work, and probably the only place most felons can find work.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +967 / 2 / -9

We killed and plucked chickens right in our back yard in Cambridge during the Thirties, we didn't have any money for ice so my father kept them alive until it was time to eat them.

Peta should have seen this bloodbath, some of the chickens would run around for awhile after their heads were cut off.

We were so hungry we tried to eat the bones.

If there were any "sex offenders" living near us we never knew about it, the people would have taken care of them right in the street, they would never have been able to have sex again with anybody or anything.

Peta should watch National Geographic and see how the lions eat out a cute little Impala's bowels while he is still screaming and kicking.
    God Is Great
    :bricks:

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

PETA, total loons.

Anyhow, so how many illegals are in this country Mr Govt assessment? 10 million, yeah right. Look at this part of the article. They said there were 1,000 employees at this plant on average. Well....

Federal immigration officials began visiting Crider Poulty plant in Stillmore in May, estimating that about 700 workers were using false identification

So by my math, 70% were most likely illegal. Wow. Take that, and then add the meat packing raids of this week, and you can do some simply math to figure out how many illegals are really in this country. Wow.

5. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And the sky hasn't fallen? I'm shocked.

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Have you seen government expenditures and the percentage by which they've risen versus the rise in income levels of the citizentry? The sky is falling Pujo, the numbers point to it. I was watching Lou Dobbs the other night. I'm not a big fan of his, I think he's kinda boring. His boring persona aside, he is a champion of the middle class. He seems to be an old school democrat. Anyhow, he was in Florida and had 3 florida pols on discussing an assortment of topics. One fact that sticks out, since 2000, Florida incomes have risen 39%. Since that same year, 2000, Florida's state expenditures have risen 81%. Ask yourself, who bares the brunt of that cost? The middle class. I already explained in another thread today, why that is so. Illegals are red-inkers, and black-inkers subsidize their existence.

Puj, I'm sorry my facts piss on your Amnesty parade. Facts and the truth tend to do that to emotionally based, illogical policy. That the Fed under GW has given record subsidy to state governments, and that state governments have inturn over spent even with those record subsidies, should alarm us all. We've are reaching, if we haven't already, a breaking point fiscally. The dollar is being KO'd internationally. Our deficits are the reason why.

7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's not that I'm unsympathetic to the problems caused by illegal immigration, it's then when I have to balance our "deficits" against a poor Mexican's choice to either break the law or not be able to feed his family, I say to hell with our deficits. When your life is at stake, all other laws seem trite by comparisson, even if they otherwise serve a valid purpose. I guess my respect for humanitarianism outweights my respect for the law.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

Of course you the heck with our deficits, you're a liberal thinker who has no regard for the bottom line. You're an emotionally driven person politically, which is akin to those who would base policy with religion in mind. The government and emotion cannot co-exist. We have crime in this country, and I want 100 million more cops on the streets to stop it. The hell with deficits, it's crime we're talking here. Illogical. Let Mexico worry about its people. They won't though, sending them here is more profitable. If you want to feed poor Mexicans, donate your personal time, or your own money. Don't force every other American too.

9. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm a very bottom line person. Where the bottom line and I part ways is when I see someone metaphorically stealing bread. When that happens, I look the other way because the starving person is more important than the bottom line. It's the survival of the fittest. When life is on the line and our laws can't help, what good are they?

10. taltos

taltos Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am all for helping those in this country legally. Those here illegally and those who sneak in and have anchor babies get no sympathy from me and I resent 1 cent of my tax dollars going to their help. They are no different than any other invaders of this country.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

No, you're not a bottom line thinker if you have no regard for the illegal invasion because you believe people are merely trying to "feed" themsleves. As dire as life in Mexico is, I don't think it's Somalia or Ethiopia. It's Mexico's problem, not mine. The majority of illegals come because it's a better life, not because they are dying in the streets of starvation.

12. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Talk talk talk. They're here and they're here to stay - that's the only real bottom line. Now how do we mitigate their social cost is the only thing left to decide.

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

They're here, and they are here to stay. Oh, ok, since you say so. Hey everyone, Pujo has determined that there is no sense in discussing the illegal immiration problem in this country because he's decided that they are going to stay. All we have to do now is find out how we can get them to cost less. He can't do that you know, even though he's a "bottom line" kind of guy. Yeah sure, a bottom line kind of guy, meaning his position is the botton line. Another astute analysis by a poster in this forum. You should testify in front of congress. Let me guess, next you're going to tell me my dick is small.

I love it when illogical thinkers have no where to go with an arguement, and thus resort to nonsensical retorts. So basically, our debate went like this:

[​IMG]

Incase you didn't know, that isn't me that's laying on the ring floor. :D

14. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

In case you don't know, not one illegal immigrant will leave because of anything you say. At the end of today, there will be more illegal immigrants than there were yesterday. So you, Harry, and Qui Gon can turn blue in the face, but it isn't going to change a thing. Now what?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2006
  15. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

No sh!t sherlock. Why would any leave because of what I say? Another astute point on your part. Did you think of that one all by yourself?

Hey everyone, forget discussing and debating issues any longer. Pujo, the "botton-line guy", has figured out what the bottom line is for all of us. He's decided for the country.

I guess QuiGon, you must really have a small johnson. I mean, Pujo did say so.

Whats funny about it all is that I've provided factual, statistical reasons for my position. It's not like I've based my position on some hate driven or illogical reason like, "they are here to stay so deal with it". I guess if I wanted to I could reply by saying something like....

[​IMG]

but nah, why would I want to do that? :D

16. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're just one of those people who takes yourselves really seriously. Keep talking on football forums, I'm sure one day you'll change the world!

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +818 / 7 / -2

[​IMG]

:D

18. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm glad you have pictures, much easier than having a point.

19. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

In his muckraking book 'Fast Food Nation' Eric Schlosser brings up the fact that the meat-packing industry is staffed mostly by immigrants, both legal and illegal, because they can't ignore the rights of illegals who have no legal recourse whatsoever. One of the most dangerous professions in the world is at the industrial slaughterhouse where employees routinely lose fingers, hands, or entire arms (or their lives!) but do not have insurance benefits, let alone unions. When an employee gets injured they usually hand them a pinkslip shortly thereafter.

It's kinda funny that Americans who are anti-immigrant usually seem to be the ones who insist on eating meat with every meal and so are actually keeping the demand for illegal workers higher...

PETA is more than a bit loony in their stances but animal welfare sometimes coincides with human welfare and in those instances it's important to think about what's at issue

20. BruschiOnTap

BruschiOnTap On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm confused, though, what did FreeTedWilliams do to piss off PETA?