PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Miss Our Dynasty Swag

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the "bad assery" (I made that word up) that the team has added on defense and eagerly await watching them talk some **** to the the likes of Eric Decker and Demaryius Thomas after they either deflect the pass or decapitate them.
That makes two of us, Kontra. I have no problem with teams talking trash. If you don't like it, stop them from doing something good.

The NE offense, especially in 2012, played with attitude. They dominated people and let them know it.
See Tom in my signature GIF? That's from the first Houston game after Houston thought they became someone two years ago. Did you people cry about it for being disasteful or if I were to hunt down the gameday threads would I see all you attitude-critics having a wargasm over it?

I suspect the latter.

Now the defense has in the back field what Brady and Gronk have always brought to our offense. You want the Revis who used to shout in front of the camera in the pre-game huddle "LET'S GO THUMP THESE BOYS!" to tone it down this year so we don't offend anyone?

Everybody in this thread whining about this thread is really just absolutely full of it, and carry on their gentlemanly sports fan CHARADE with an air of superiority like the rest of us are supposed to believe it.

I call BS.

Go watch tennis if you want hand shakes.

Last edited:
My two cents: swag comes from being good.

I dont like my team acting like beaten dogs.. but until they can back it up, I dont want them acting like fly guys.. *cough* Im not old.. ;)

Our defense hasnt showed swag because they cant back it up.

The swag comes from knowing you're the best or at the very least damn good.

Swag is correlation not causation.

Last edited:
The NE offense, especially in 2012, played with attitude. They dominated people and let them know it.
See Tom in my signature GIF? That's from the first Houston game after Houston thought they became someone two years ago. Did you people cry about it for being disasteful or if I were to hunt down the gameday threads would I see all you attitude-critics having a wargasm over it?

I suspect the latter.

Now the defense has in the back field what Brady and Gronk have always brought to our offense. You want the Revis who used to shout in front of the camera in the pre-game huddle "LET'S GO THUMP THESE BOYS!" to tone it down this year so we don't offend anyone?

Everybody in this thread whining about this thread is really just absolutely full of it, and carry on their gentlemanly sports fan CHARADE with an air of superiority like the rest of us are supposed to believe it.

I call BS.
There's a difference between winning because of "swag" and having the players who can back up trash talk. As already posted, the Patriots haven't had the defense to back up any trash talk in a long time. This year should be different. I've got no issue with a team talking trash. You either back it up or you don't. But it's not necessary to win, I don't think.

I am sure if Chung and Sudfeld played with swag, they would be going to the HOF

I don't think dancing on logos contributed to winning the games either, considering they danced on San Diego's logo after they won. The difference was in the attitude of the team. They didn't care WTF anyone thought of them. They openly hated on other teams on the field. They blatantly disrespected football teams who ran their mouths or thought they were someone special.

They weren't afraid.

I swear, when we get to the play offs lately, despite having bad injuries, the Patriots don't play the same brand of football. They almost play like a team that's afraid of the legacy hit in case of a loss, who doesn't want to let it all hang out in case they lose and have to listen to someone on ESPN make them eat crow for it. The old Patriot team didn't play like that.

The Patriot offense hasn't carried itself like this, admittedly, but the defense has.

More over, everyone here claiming they `hate swag` so much are being dishonest. When Talib was running around the field disrespecting people last year, you were all LOVING IT, so get off your high horses with your fake "Patriot Fan Way."

Go watch Cricket if that's what you're looking for.

4xMoJ1a.gif

The Patriots with ATTITUDE play the best Patriot football, not the Patriots that play like they're apologizing for themselves.

Hopefully Revis and Browner rub some off on our defense and let other teams know.

Not sure what i said that warranted that rant and, frankly, I don't care.
Your rant doesn't change the fact that i still don't think swagger had anything to do with Tyree's and Manningham's catches and, without those catches, swagger or not, the Pats have five trophies.

And what does cricket have to do with anything?

There's a difference between winning because of "swag" and having the players who can back up trash talk. As already posted, the Patriots haven't had the defense to back up any trash talk in a long time. This year should be different. I've got no issue with a team talking trash. You either back it up or you don't. But it's not necessary to win, I don't think.

If trash talk won games the Jets would have more trophies than anyone. Nobody is saying that. There is an obvious difference between talking trash and playing good football.

There's also a big difference between rolling into another stadium like "We are the Patriots" instead of like "Well, we used to be the Patriots."

What does the OP say in a nut shell? It says I miss the Patriot team that didn't care if it ruffled feathers and let other teams know right from the onset that they're the Patriots, and were even downright DISRESPECTFUL to teams they thumped over the head that liked to run their mouths before hand.

What were the replies? "Oh, no. We can't talk trash or dance on logos because that makes us look bad. Gosh, what would other fan bases who already hate our guts think? What will the neighbors say?"

And all of them are absolutely full of crap.

I absolutely hate that this "Patriot Way" nonsense has rubbed off on Patriot fans who think it's their duty to be Kraft's public relations department and act like politicians all the time. While I don't think the Razor should throw batteries at Santa, Patriot fans could use a little Philly in them.

I want a vengeance tour, and not just on the scoreboard, and if every key player stays healthy, that's what I'm going to get, because they have no shortage of attitude.

I guess the pink hats will be complaining.... or not, but rather just pretend like they would a few months before hand to show us how sophisticated they are. ;)

You cant force swag. It happens.

When you go out and ball on teams, swag occurs. Last season the Atlanta game was a good example of the defense (talib maninly) showing swag. When you go out and ball you obtain that swagger that "bring your big guns, I don't care, we are still going to beat you"..

Like someone said before, the team lost swag because the defense went down the drain from 09 and on. Its tough to have swag when you are making Sanchez look good and cant buy a stop.

This year, the defense will have swag. Revis and Browner bring a presence. Not to mention our loaded LB corps too. This defense will have swag because they are gonna be lock down

Not sure what i said that warranted that rant and, frankly, I don't care.
Your rant doesn't change the fact that i still don't think swagger had anything to do with Tyree's and Manningham's catches and, without those catches, swagger or not, the Pats have five trophies.

And what does cricket have to do with anything?

Wait. Randy Moss didn't have swag?

So one time 4-5 Pats players danced on a logo to specifically mock the lights out dance that had been done on them earlier. I don't really remember them talking much **** 2001-2004 other than that. In fact I remember them going out of their way to compliment other teams and ignore the chatter. The next time that really stands out with them talking smack was in 2007 when Brady smugly said 17? I knew as soon as he said that it would come back to haunt him. The next big time was 2010 (?) when Welker stuck his foot in his mouth and the Jets beat the snot out of the Pats in the PO's. Just because they don't need to act like brash punks doesn't mean they can't bring it in games. The simple fact is that the "swag" from the championship seasons was because they were that good. Especially the D. In recent years they have not been.

BTW - the pink hat reference is so stale (early 2000's Red Sox?). Reminds me of the drunken idiots who were being obnoxious to an old man who'd been going to Pats games since the 70's because he wasn't standing and yelling the entire game. They were "real" fans with "swag" standing up for there team. Until they weren't.

GREAT quote.
I think that was Kevin Faulk who fumbled vs GB and just left the ball on the field. BB was wicked pissed.
I don't remember this because I was just a kid but, did he like make no attempt to recover the ball?

Like the Jets? why would we want that?

Nobody said like the jets.

Swag on a defense is a great thing to have on the field. This team wouldn't be **** talking in presser or any of that, but on the field they can act like they own the field because they are good enough to do that and it heights intensity that way as well.

I would love to see this defense **** talking everyone on the field.

I miss how back during the Patriots championship years they would outscore the opponent in the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I do, because those teams play to WIN. They let it all hang out. They let their opponents know on the field real quick they're there to kick their asses and bury them and make them feel it with a certain degree of pure hate.

Our BEST wins recently were played the same way.

If you take over the Seahawks tomorrow and castrate their attitude for your BS pink hat "Patriot Way" formula they won't play like the same football team. I guarantee it.
The "Patriot Way" is "Do Your JOB". As for the pink-hat crap take it to the political forum. It has no business here.

Nobody said like the jets.

Swag on a defense is a great thing to have on the field. This team wouldn't be **** talking in presser or any of that, but on the field they can act like they own the field because they are good enough to do that and it heights intensity that way as well.

I would love to see this defense **** talking everyone on the field.

This x 1000.

The "Patriot Way" is "Do Your JOB". As for the pink-hat crap take it to the political forum. It has no business here.

So I guess on other teams Cornerbacks sometimes forget themselves and line up as DTs?
Really, if `The Patriot Way` is to take care of your positions assignment on any given play we can basically just throw the term out the window. Sort of tired of hearing about it.

So I guess on other teams Cornerbacks sometimes forget themselves and line up as DTs?
Really, if `The Patriot Way` is to take care of your positions assignment on any given play we can basically just throw the term out the window. Sort of tired of hearing about it.
You asked what the "Patriot Way" was. I gave you the answer. Simple and straight-forward with no hyperbole.

Or said another way

You got to win the game before you can dance on their logo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back