Welcome to PatsFans.com

I miss Myrtle Beach....

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Lifer, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

The year I lived in Florence,SC...between a lifetime in New England, and the last 3 years in Kansas City...was very strange. A lot of good things happened to me personally there, but it wasnt a good long term place to live. But I really miss Myrtle Beach. Now that its winter, I would just love to hang out by there or Surfside and catch a college game at a beachside TV.

who's with me? lets go!!!!!!!
  2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,451 / 26 / -47

No Jersey Selected

I live in Jax Beach so I'm at the beach year-round. :D
  3. patsfanofNC12

patsfanofNC12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm in Greenville NC, and I live an hour from my beach house and 5 hours from my mountain house so I get the best of both worlds :)
  4. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

cool... What I saw of NC was nice. Charlotte and Raleigh are nice cities. My brother likes to go to Asheville and says its beautiful.

SC seemed like a mixed bag. A lot of poverty in areas, and a mindset of poverty which was more disturbing. Lots of young single mothers with a "this is as good as it gets" mentality. Boiled peanuts, cotton fields, poor street people pushing shopping carts down the middle of the road. And then you had the Beach, which was beautiful, and people with a real heart for God and for other people. And I liked how you could walk the mall and see 50/50 diversity. Sweet Tea. Rogers Bar-b-q in Florence. Lizards Thicket in Columbia. Charleston is really nice.
    Some very nice memories.
  5. patsfanofNC12

patsfanofNC12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

NC is nicer than SC as a whole, especially about the poverty like you were describing.
  6. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I remember after living there for almost a year taking a trip to see Charlotte.
    I was SO excited to see civilization. A city!!!!! With services and everything.
    A Starbucks!!!!! haha

that all being said.....im missing it. i think a weekend trip is coming......
  7. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

couldnt stand it any longer. Just booked a trip for the weekend after next!

financially impractical but i needed the ocean.
  8. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

I went had a great time on the SC coast, and in Columbia.

But then i went and killed half a day by seeing the town i lived, Florence. Big mistake, forgot how much a dump Florence was. Thats why we moved.
  9. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Did you drive? My sister and her family use to live in a suburb of Columbia SC. I drove from there to NH in one day.
  10. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

wow!!! that some drive. When we moved, I drove the Uhaul from Mass to SC but i left on Christmas Day 2004 on Saturday got to Delaware, then on sunday because of an ice storm i stopped in Virginia, watched the Patriots beat the Jets, then on monday got to Florence

This trip I flew. I spent a beautiful afternoon visiting a friend in a Columbia suburb, Blythewood, i think it was.

cool and surprising thing to me about South Carolina is there are as many Pine Trees as there are in NE.