Welcome to PatsFans.com

I miss Boston

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Ruby2, May 19, 2010.

1. Ruby2

Ruby2 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So I am a Jets fan born and raised in Jersey. I went to college in Boston. Im back in Jersey now.

I miss Boston. I even miss the Sox/Pats/Celtics fans who drove me crazy up there.

Please post all things Boston related (besides Pats stuff) to help me deal with my Hub-Sickness. Get it? Like home sickness, lol thats terrible.

2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,609 / 9 / -19

#61 Jersey

You miss it because it was better here than in Jersey -- including the football team. Move back and join us. You'll be glad you did.

3. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,007 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

LOL

Yes, New England > New Jersey. That's ok, though, New Jersey > Maryland.

Boston related huh? Well, I don't live there, but the O Ya restaurant in Boston is probably the best Japanese I've had on this side of the continent.

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  4. Ruby2

Ruby2 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think its a grass is always greener thing. When I was in Boston I couldnt wait to go back to Jersey. Now im down here and always wonder if I should have stayed. Both places have their advantages/disadvantages.

Like in Boston it was nice to not feel like a tiny ant in a sea of other ants when going to work here in NYC, but down here its nice to be able to get a real bagel whenever you want.

5. PatsFanJess

PatsFanJess Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Interesting. I went to school in Philly and I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Don't miss it either. LOL.

Even if I try to put my bias aside, I still think Boston is one of the most beautiful cities in the country. Chicago and San Diego are close runners up. You're right about the bagel thing. That's one of the few things you got down there. NJ got us beat in bagels, pizza and toxic landfills ;) I have to admit that I'm gonna be in Princeton today and tomorrow for a sales call...and that area is pretty nice. Boston is a fun place though. Lots of bars, restaurants,sports...and it isn't completely overwhelming a la NYC. I can certainly see why you miss it. You can always come join the dark side.

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,439 / 33 / -54

No Jersey Selected

Move to Florida. Sun, beaches, great looking girls from all walks of life, and lots of cow pastures.

7. Ruby2

Ruby2 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your post pretty much sums up all the things I loved about Boston. It is a gorgeous city, running on the Charles was the best. And it was great to be able to do so many things in the city without having to travel to far.

8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +660 / 7 / -2

Hmmm...Jersey & Taxachusetts. Anyone got a nuke? Actually, make that two. :D

9. BaltimorePatsFan

BaltimorePatsFan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I feel the same way about Baltimore, where I'm going to college right now. Seriously, I never realized how much I loved Boston until I moved to Baltimore.

10. Its_The_Patriots

Its_The_Patriots Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

You should move to Texas! Everything is bigger and better here. :p lol

11. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,439 / 33 / -54

No Jersey Selected

Except for the brains of it's residents. ;)

12. Scouse Patriot

Scouse Patriot 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

And Tom Hicks.

13. Its_The_Patriots

Its_The_Patriots Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +12 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

You mean like Jerry Jones or maybe even Mark Cuben? :p lol

14. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gotta love Bean Town, regardless if your a fan of there teams or not (which I am NOT as a Jets Fan) you gotta respect there passion.

I always give Sox fans credit, no matter how bad or "cursed" there team was at times they were still selling out every game and you saw Sox hats and jerseys every where you go.

I honestly cant say the same for the Pats fans, not that I am calling them fair weather fans because they do have some loyal fans, but I can tell you this much that Pre-Belichick/Brady there wasnt nearly as many "fans" as there is now, thats something you could NEVER say about Sox fans.

Maybe you can argue that Boston is a Baseball town, and it is, but still when it comes to Pats and Sox fans, they are on totally diffrent planets when it comes to loyalty from my expiriences living in MA my whole life.

15. Cedric

Cedric Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't come from the Bean, but I couldn't agree with you more @PaPZ187. The Sox is definitely their mainstay, but the other two teams are a close 2nd and 3rd. One hell of a trio these past years, if you ask me.

16. Cedric

Cedric Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

@Ruby2 - I'm a young guy about to turn 27, pondering where in the world to live. Boston is one of my contemplations, and I hope to feel as acquainted to it as much as yourself when I visit! The reception I've generally heard is that it's very homely, and anyone that lives there MUST be a fan of its sports, to completely enjoy the city's ride.

17. Cedric

Cedric Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Was hoping Real World would come through, but at least I got to Real's bro. That was quick! So props for that. And shout-outs to Diggs for showing me and ol’ boy the ropes around the Fox all this week, ‘cause so much has changed in only 7 years, no joke.

By the way I touched down safely, but Wi-Fi here’s slow as fizzuck this morning. MAN I’m going to be hella exhausted all day today unless I stay tea-ed up. :yawn2: Three more days to go, hang in there Ced...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2010
  18. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I visited Boston 2 years ago when my dad went to a conference - I was amazed over how nice it was, and was surprised how kinda small it was(not a SMALL TOWN, per se, but was under the impression that it was one of the biggest cities in America).

Crossing that river(that split the city) was really nice, with the urban areas on one side(got to see the outside of the Celtics arena for the first time), and Harvard U on the other, and it was really nice to see Harvard up close for he first time.

Is Foxboro that far away?

Anyhow-it was nice to see alot of the stuff in there that happened during the early and pre-early days of America.

19. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,368 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

20. Calciumee

Calciumee PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#3 Jersey

I know it's not Boston; but there is a pretty awesome football team not too far from Boston ;)