PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I may be in the minority but....

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I believe Cassel intentionally tanked that 2pt conv. pass. I mean it was awful and if you watched him after it looked like he was really playing up the "I'm pissed I missed" look.

Some of you will call me crazy but think about it...what was there to gain by tying the score up. We all want Jacksonville anyway IMO....

I was thinking the same thing. The pass wasn't even close.

KDPpatsfan said:
I believe Cassel intentionally tanked that 2pt conv. pass. I mean it was awful and if you watched him after it looked like he was really playing up the "I'm pissed I missed" look.

Some of you will call me crazy but think about it...what was there to gain by tying the score up. We all want Jacksonville anyway IMO....

Seak for yourself. We don't want Jacksonville. We haven't played them in 2 years, we lost some chemistry sitting the starters for most of the game, and we have a possible short week to prepare.

I'd much rather have faced a Pittsburgh team, as BB is 18-2 since 2001 facing a team twice in the season, the game would likely be on a regular schedule, and our familiarity with the team would help with our chemistry speed bump today.

Cassel didn't look happy about it, I don't think it was intentional.

ADPF.. If you really would have preferred Pittsburg than I'm not sure you watch the same games I do. Also I agree with the CBS studio crew in that I think you are WAY better off playing Indy after basically 3 weeks off than in the afcc.

Bush league? No..stragegic genius if that's what they did.

Wow, I had the exact same thought when I saw that play. That throw was just terrible.

If he wanted to intentionally tank the game, why did he throw the TD to Ben Watson?

KDPpatsfan said:
ADPF.. If you really would have preferred Pittsburg than I'm not sure you watch the same games I do. Also I agree with the CBS studio crew in that I think you are WAY better off playing Indy after basically 3 weeks off than in the afcc.

Bush league? No..stragegic genius if that's what they did.

Now the satistic side of me hopes the Pats lose to Jacksonville to shut up the majority who think the Pats, who I will stress again haven't played a changed Jax team since 2003, would suddenly beat up on them.

I highly doubt anybody tanked anything.

And who's to say if it goes to OT we win anyway? That's a fairly big assumption to make considering they lead the whole game.

exactly

Kdo5 said:
If he wanted to intentionally tank the game, why did he throw the TD to Ben Watson?

good point.......nothing intentional...just a rookie missing the mark......he'll be alright....hell....we almost beat them with our 2nd and 3rd lineups in there....i wouldn't be celebrating too hard if i was a doofin fan........! :))

BelichickFan said:
Cassel didn't look happy about it, I don't think it was intentional.

My inpression was that he was mad because Davis either a) ran the wrong route or b) didn't even turn around to look for the pass.....

<Now the satistic side of me hopes the Pats lose to Jacksonville to shut up the majority who think the Pats, who I will stress again haven't played a changed Jax team since 2003, would suddenly beat up on them.>

Not sure why u see the need to repeatedly stress this odd notion. We haven't played Houston since 2003 either. Does that mean they would give us a hard time. Tampa Bay is certainly different from the last time we played them, and we pounded them, so I don't get it.

And, do you really see Leftwich/Garrard outdueling brady at home in the playoffs?

On the 2 pt attempt Cassell looked remarkably like an inexperienced rookie suddenly thrust into a game-deciding situation.

Uh, i know ... moral victories are always for losers.

But can you remember ANYONE's moral victory ... that ever tasted this good?

KDPpatsfan said:

That is absurd. Is today National Irrational Posters Day?

KDPpatsfan said:

BB is a cunning fellow. I can picture it. "Throw the ******* ball over Bam's head! Okay kid? Good."

I don't know why any one preferred Jax over Pittsburgh. We have owned Pittsburgh in the playoffs and they would be going to Gillette.

I don't think they tanked it. But I bet BB was relieved about avoiding overtime. Hell, if they didn't give up the safety, Pats win that game (in theory).

No you are correct, he threw it away on purpose. There was nobody near him, and nobody near where he threw. The football gods will not overlook throwing a game, even if no money was involved. I am disgusted.

I don't mind them sitting the starters, and I don't mind if we really lose a meaningless game, but to come to the point of winning and then not go for the jugular is very poor form.

If they had gone for 2 and not wasted the attempt on 'little Dougy's pointless exhibition' they might have only needed Adam to kick a PA to tie.
Hell if they wanted to win they would have put Flutie in for real.

I think BB wanted to be #4 with Jax, and save the Steelers for later, since they are probably going to kill Cincy (if we get past Jax and Dever, and Steelers get by Cincy and Indy). The local guys on TV here said there was a shot of BBs face looking all scrunched up and sour when Ben Watson caught the TD.

Jax may be the safest first team to play to get to the SB, but even if you win it all you can't be champions when you throw games. BB with his love of history should know that.

alamo said:
On the 2 pt attempt Cassell looked remarkably like an inexperienced rookie suddenly thrust into a game-deciding situation.
Best post of the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye