PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I marvel at our team. [Homer Thread](Spoiler Alert)

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Tim Tebow?

One of the top TEs in the game revealed to be a serial killer?

Rob Gronkowski getting carved up and put back together again?

Wes Welker going to a major conference rival?

And what's the big story out of the NFL right now? Rex Ryan and the Jets. Who have had nothing on the level of the press fodder the Patriots have provided and yet things are calm.

Seriously - can you imagine what a laughingstock we'd be without Belichick and Kraft running the show the way they do?

We're really lucky. I've sat through some debacles with this team - we all know what they are I won't bother to recount how as a 12 year old I cried when I found out my heroes were drug addicts - and here we are with no more drama than usual. Sure, people won't shut up on Tebow around here but the debate is about cutting or keeping him not some sort of real QB controversy.

Again - we're really lucky.

Ok, go back to arguing about our 4th safety and 3rd QB, but remember it's really goddamn amazing that we're only arguing about the bottom of the depth chart.

we're only arguing about the bottom of the depth chart.

Wait until the season starts. Then we'll also be arguing about the defensive backfield, the pass rushers, the offensive coordinator ...

Wait until the season starts. Then we'll also be arguing about the defensive backfield, the pass rushers, the offensive coordinator ...

...WRs 2-5, Ghost's missed field goals, the Patriots new logo...

Sure, people won't shut up on Tebow around here but the debate is about cutting or keeping him not some sort of real QB controversy.
It's not like an aging Montana and young Steve young situation. Tebow could never even compete with a GOAT (in pro football, college might be another a story).

I'm sure the news and drama gets to them as much as any othr team, but they don't bring more of it by exposing themselves to "it/extra drama" outside the organization. it obviously doesn't work for every team, but I think BB likes it because it provides more consistency.

Wait until the Patriots suffer their first loss this season. Then, once again, this board (or at least the susual suspects) will go into a full Chernobyl-size meltdown. I mean, seriously....... the OTHER teams also are professional football players and they get a say in who wins too.

It's not that I ever LIKE seeing the Pats lose, but in the great scheme of all things football, we're in the Golden Age of New England sports. Anyone who, like me, has been around this team for the past 40 years remembers the staggering losses, the wasted opportunities (and players). Zeke Mowatt being exposed during an interview, Irving Fryer deciding to test-drive his new sports car at halftime and crashing it, guys getting cut/stabbed by wives/girlfriends or while playing catch with buck knives, etc. Dropped passes, shanked kicks, fumbles and sacks were the way this team operated.

In fact, the standard game plan for New England seemed to be:

1.) Run up the score early

2.) Fall behind

3.) Rally late

4.) Fall short

We seemed to find new and inventive ways of losing the game every week. Went 1-15 the year before Bledsoe was drafted.

Ah well. We are indeed blessed. but there are still an awful lot of Chicken Littles running around waiting for the sky to fall, and turning into a howling mob of despair after every loss. :cool:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back