PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I.m not starting a P.O.G. thread, but Hobbs played hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Thought Ellis Hobbs had a real good game. They made some passes on him, but he made some big tackles on runs and short passes preventing YAC.

I don't analyze games like Box, so tell me if I'm wrong, but I just saw him really stick some bigger guys.

Heck of a season this guy has had. Breaks his wrist, gets benched, and then fights back to earn his job back, and breaks up numerous passes that should have been caught today. He's a scrappy little player, and he did indeed play a great game. Few guys in the NFL play as hard as he does.

Thought Ellis Hobbs had a real good game. They made some passes on him, but he made some big tackles on runs and short passes preventing YAC.

I don't analyze games like Box, so tell me if I'm wrong, but I just saw him really stick some bigger guys.

I love Hobbs competitive spirit. he plays hard every down and doesn't back down. i think he got shafted twice when he cause two fumbles, but neither counted.

hes not the most talented or smartest player on the field at times but hes got 1 of the biggest hearts and drive out there. he gives it his all and his competitive attitude is what is keeping him on the field

hes had his ups and downs but i love the attitude he brigns with him..benched...gives 100% on KR and gets it back. works hard.

There was no excuse for the punch he threw and didn't get called for it. He needs to keep his emotions in check.

I love Hobbs competitive spirit. he plays hard every down and doesn't back down. i think he got shafted twice when he cause two fumbles, but neither counted.

They pass breakups were huge, showed a lot of fire. His best game of the year.

He's one heck of a 'football player'. He's going to get beat on occasion -- but most CBs do. I actually think BB loves the guy (tough love). Wants him to play smart -- but never change his style. He has a CB's mentality -- and that's crucial to playing the position. Great draft pick!

So many players made great plays ... hard to single one out.

But I'll pick Matt Light ...why not?

He's one heck of a 'football player'. He's going to get beat on occasion -- but most CBs do. I actually think BB loves the guy (tough love). Wants him to play smart -- but never change his style. He has a CB's mentality -- and that's crucial to playing the position. Great draft pick!

I agree. I think early in the game, Hobbs didn't make a play or something and BB was urging him on with faith in him.

For the guy that they try to pick on, he did great. Two passes defensed could have been picks. He was covering vincent jackson and sometimes gates - gicing up to 8" and 50lbs. He played physical - and laid a vicious hit on Gates

R

Ellis played hard today.....He still has a cast.....One tough guy goota to love him.....GO PATS!!!!:rocker:

5'9" but plays like he's 6'4".

He was outmatched all game but continued to come up with big plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes